: Edelbrock 472-500 Cadillac Performer Intake Manifold

Dirtywaterdiver
11-14-10, 11:12 AM
Anyone use one of these on your 472/500 Mill?

Where did you relocate the air compressor to?

Where can it be relocated to?

jayoldschool
11-14-10, 11:40 AM
Can't you just space it out higher? If you check with MTS, they will know. Csbuckn will know, too!

csbuckn
11-14-10, 01:19 PM
You can't use the stock ac. You have to get a different one, I forgot what its called but MTS would know. Are you using the stock carb?

Dirtywaterdiver
11-15-10, 01:38 PM
No, I am going to change the carb too.

csbuckn
11-15-10, 02:02 PM
You will need a different kickdown switch also. They are like 40 bucks on eBay. Not a big issue until you wanna floor it, it will have a delay before it kicks down without the switch.

Dirtywaterdiver
11-15-10, 05:49 PM
Anyone switch to the Edelbrock performer or the Holley S/A? What about getting the Rochester rebuilt?

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Anyone use the intake on their 472/500 and the MTS bracket for the stock AC Pump? How did it work out?

Any issues? ie clearance and such.

I am also wondering about using a stock ported intake from MTS over the Edelbrock.

There are just so many options, with pros and cons I figured I would be well suited by others R&D.

csbuckn
11-15-10, 06:58 PM
I have the holler 870 S/A with the edel intake and a drop base air cleaner, all from MTS, and it works great and fits under the hood with about an inch of extra room. I would suggest, if you get the edel intake, to get it from CadCo because theirs is ported for the same price the MTS charges for a stock one.

djcwardog
11-16-10, 02:06 PM
I think Vintage Air makes the bracket that MTS provides, so a call to Vintage Air might give you a range of options on how to mount the compressor if the centered up-high location does not work for you. BTW - I put a Vintage Air full kit in my '73 Vette and that is a nice piece of engineering. As far as I can tell they do not yet offer such a kit for our old Devilles.