: Dammit; my pristine 2010 SRX was egged!

algiorda
11-13-10, 03:14 PM
The other night coming home late from work at 11:00pm, my SRX was egged. I have a circular crack in the paint now and some paint is actually sticking up.

What should I do to repair this? I don't see a dent, just a spider web crack.

stevec5375
11-13-10, 03:19 PM
Call this Colors on Parade (http://www.colorsonparade.com/) franchisee in your area:

Tampa/St. Petersburg Regional Office
Dave Burkett
727-847-1936 - office
727-845-3988 - fax
dburkett1@tampabay.rr.com - email

GeeVee
11-13-10, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad fortune. Probably a jealous Lexus owner. Hope your repair job goes well!

PJ1520
11-13-10, 04:43 PM
Should be a felony. It seems like those of us who care about the condition and the appearance of our vehicles are constantly the targets of those who are not, those who go beyond just not caring......they make it a point to disrespect AND damage us. My SRX was hit in the right rear quarter twice in parking lots since May. The first guy wasn't paying attention pulling out of his parking spot right next to me, cut the wheel too soon, and hit me.... I was standing there and his insurance picked up the tab. In the second instance, it was a hit skip. I have a $1,000deductible and had to "Pony" up over $800 out of my own pocket.

If it were me, I'd get it fixed......or it would drive me insane looking at it every day.

stevec5375
11-13-10, 05:28 PM
Should be a felony. It seems like those of us who care about the condition and the appearance of our vehicles are constantly the targets of those who are not, those who go beyond just not caring......they make it a point to disrespect AND damage us. My SRX was hit in the right rear quarter twice in parking lots since May. The first guy wasn't paying attention pulling out of his parking spot right next to me, cut the wheel too soon, and hit me.... I was standing there and his insurance picked up the tab. In the second instance, it was a hit skip. I have a $1,000deductible and had to "Pony" up over $800 out of my own pocket.

If it were me, I'd get it fixed......or it would drive me insane looking at it every day.

You hit the nail on the head. What makes people like this? Must be that they have no respect for themselves and therefore, no one else either.

Have you ever noticed how we all "cling" to our "stuff" and therefore increase our suffering? If we didn't have this "stuff" think how much happier we'd all be. I'm just as guilty of "grasping" too.

Ponyman
11-13-10, 07:11 PM
Algorida, you are probably going to have to get the paint spotted in and new clear coat. Don't know what is about the chemical composition of the egg, but it sure does a number on paint. If you got it off quickly, the cracks might not have gotten through the clear coat, and might be able to buff it out, but I doubt it. My father-in-law had his own body shop, and I worked with him a lot and every Halloween, he got several jobs from people who had their cars egged.

stevec5375
11-13-10, 07:32 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5162067_do-eggs-damage-car-paint.html

TheCaptain
11-13-10, 10:43 PM
Seriously? Grr.... i had my first car egged too a long while back. People just can't leave other peoples' shit alone!! :mad: :sbox:
GAH!

sube5186
11-14-10, 09:16 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about that algiorda. This sort of thing really pisses me off! :mad: That's exactly the reason I do all of my car pampering in the garage and out of sight. Even though I normally keep my car in the garage anyway, I never want anyone in the neighborhood to see how much time and effort I spend maintaining my vehicle. That just tells the criminals how devastated you'd be to have it vandalized, making you the ideal victim of this sort of BS.

Sube

smiley47
11-14-10, 12:43 PM
On Halloween an Atlanta motorist whose Mercedes was egged shot the teen aged perpetrator 10 times, killing him.

Personally I think that's an overreaction. A better shot could have got the job done with one or two rounds.

True story. Google it.

algiorda
11-14-10, 10:52 PM
My son recommends I carry a Paint ball gun in my car. I just want my door fixed.

I'm going to give colors on parade a call for an estimate.

Ponyman
11-14-10, 10:55 PM
That is far enough from the edges of the door that they should have room to blend the base coat, then reclear the whole door.

PJ1520
11-15-10, 12:08 AM
I looked at your damage right before going to bed and am angry all over again.

algiorda
11-15-10, 07:12 AM
I looked at your damage right before going to bed and am angry all over again.

I know what you mean; I have to see that every dam day!!!! Grrrrrr...:mad:

GMJim
11-15-10, 07:59 AM
Truly unfortunate. Kids do not have a clue as to the hardship they cause.
Maybe someday, someone will trash their prize possession, and they will understand.