: Creeking 2007 STS-V

Nola V
11-13-10, 11:31 AM
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2007 STS-V (also new to the forum), and am curious about the squeeks and rattles that are present. Most come from the passenger side with or without passenger, and I have been unable to isolate them. i know that our roads in New Orleans are a little worse than average, BUT is this normal? The car has 23000 miles on it, and is still under warranty. How would you suggest I proceed with the dealership?

Thank you in advance...and by the way, other than the creeking/squeeking, this vehicle is amazing!

Salbader
11-15-10, 02:27 PM
I have had the similar issues with my V and kinda got myself used to the sound... but in case you were wondering where it comes from you should take a look at the tweeters on the shoulder part of the passenger seat, they were making the same noise as you are referring to!

Pjazz
11-17-10, 08:11 PM
Could you be referring to the seats rubbing as you hit bumps? I think thats a known issue that the dealer can service.

EChas3
11-17-10, 09:00 PM
I think there's a TSB# in the 'Click Here First' thread. Make sure your car is clean & tidy when you take it in. (If you show how you respect your car, they are more likely to do so, too.) Bring donuts.

Be friendly but firm. Those seat rails can be fixed with a little split rubber tubing. It should be covered.