: Trying to find chrome dress up items...

BIGHENRY64
11-12-10, 09:02 PM
Hello kinda new to the cadillac scene and i have a 425 cadillac motor and i'm trying to find some chrome for it such as brackets, fan shroud,the cross bars that go from fender to firewall, pulleys,and so on. All i can seem to find is valve covers. The motor is in a 1987 cadillac. Any help would be appreciated..ty..

csbuckn
11-12-10, 09:09 PM
MTS Cadillac Co. should have pulleys and brackets, you will have to get your crossbars dipped. How is that 425 in the 87? Built or stock?

BIGHENRY64
11-13-10, 06:59 AM
STOCK RIGHT NOW, JUST BOUGHT IT AND TRYING TO FIND SOME PRICES FOR SOME THINGS. IF IT IS GOING TO COST TO MUCH I HAVE A 502 CHEVY:shhh: THAT I CAN PUT IN IT,BUT KINDA WANTED TO KEEP IT CADILLAC..

csbuckn
11-13-10, 10:02 AM
Put the caddy motor in and sell me the 502....just an idea.

deVille33
11-13-10, 10:37 AM
MTS Cadillac Co. should have pulleys and brackets, you will have to get your crossbars dipped. How is that 425 in the 87? Built or stock?

Chrome pullies are more of a pain than what eye appeal you get. Belts have a tendency to slip. You will find plating your parts expensive. It cost me $50 to have a mirror base replated. Of course this cost included removing the old plating, filling and replating.

sven914
11-13-10, 05:55 PM
From, what I've seen, Chrome dress ups only look good in Chevrolets. I've never seen a Cadillac engine (aside from the 4100) that had chrome, but whenever I see it in a Buick or an Oldsmobile, it always looks cheesy and out of place. In my opinion, if the best way to make a Cadillac engine look good under the hood, is to paint it Cadillac blue.

1980coupe
11-15-10, 12:40 AM
there's not much out there to dress up a caddy engine, like some have already mentioned you'll probably will have to remove what you want chrome plated and take it to a shop to have it done.
In my 80 Coupe, all I have are the support bars chrome and I got those through layitlow.com under vehicle parts section.
Check there; you might find what you're looking for!