: 07 Escalade ESV Nav, radio problem

GSAuto
11-12-10, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here and thought someone may have seen this problem before. I have a 07 Escalade ESV with the Delphi Supernav and yesterday the Nav screen quit working and the radio, CD, DVD, Nav screen, nothing works. No sound, no display.

I own a repair shop and work on a lot of Caddys but this is weird. There are no current codes in the digital radio, amplifier or body control modules.

Unhooking the battery or RDO fuse for 30 minutes have no effect. The big thing I see is the screen back light comes on for 4 seconds then goes off for 4 seconds constantly with the key on only. There are no buttons, no images at all, just the back light. The map DVD will not eject. The screen does tilt, the CD\DVD changer does accept and eject a CD and the radio button back lighting does work. The rear radio is fine. The Phone and Onstar buttons on the mirror if pressed work and I have speaking through the speakers. Power and ground is good at the radio connector C1 #1 and #8.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could offer any explanation. I just bought this truck last Wed and was on cloud 9 until now... These trucks are really awesome.

ESCALADE132
11-13-10, 10:28 PM
sorry to hear that but this is beyond my expertise, I am guessing you warranty is out? If not not the dealer is where I would take it.
I love my Escalade to
Hope you get it fixed, good luck

cadmanchris
11-14-10, 12:39 PM
Sorry to say, but it sounds like the nav unit itself. You can try disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together for 30 seconds.(logic lock reset) HTH.

GSAuto
11-17-10, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I think I've found the problem, I had some spare time today so I took the unit apart and unplugged various connections, when I unplugged the main power to the Nav DVD board everything else came back.

Does anyone here have one of these for sale that doesn't work in some way or is damaged that they would sell? I could use some parts.

Thanks to all.