: Shop Manual for 05 STS

Marks05STS
11-12-10, 04:54 PM
Does anyone make an aftermarked shop manual for the STS? Thanks!

C&C
11-12-10, 06:42 PM
I bought the factory shop manual from helminc.com

It wasn't cheap, but if it keeps me from even one trip to the dealer, I've made my money back.

Also, even if you do take it to the dealer for repair, with the help of the manual you can better decide if the repair is warranted and/or commensurate with what they want to charge for the service.

p.s. I just checked; 2005 manual in stock...............$135
I have the 2006 STS manual and it is a three volume, multi-thousand page manual.

BaTu
11-12-10, 08:32 PM
There's a really good GM DVD floating around you can get that has been a tremendous help to me! It's a dealership tool I got from a member here selling them in the classifieds. As I remember he was called "blownC5" try a PM....

EChas3
11-12-10, 09:59 PM
Some members prefer Alldata (is that spelling right?). I think a license may be less $ and provide more (every make/model car, TSB's, more current info, etc.)

Marks05STS
11-13-10, 09:46 AM
Thanks for all the information! 1k pages? No wonder chiltons or haynes doesn't publish one.... I will look at all leads.

AllGoNShow
11-15-10, 08:53 PM
Alldata is good, seems like most of the STS info is there but probably not as good as helminc.com's version. Too bad those deadbeats can't figure out Canadian shipping or CC's, something is preventing my STS collection purchase and they won't respond so I gave up.