: 2005 Escalade Junk

1jetzfan
11-12-10, 11:31 AM
I purchased a new escalade in 05. It had nothing but problems every since. The center console cigarette lighter always blew a fuse, the dealer couldnt figure out why and replaced the entire center console twice. It is still happening to this day. Oh, by the way, the truck has 38,000 miles on it now, it is garage kept and well maintained. I also purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty which seems to cover the front and read bumper only. They have never covered anything since the 4 year lease was up. Now, I own it. :(

Ok, so, the 6 CD player died, The driver's side power seat died, The transmission lines rusted through! 38,000 miles and the lines rusted. The transmission cooler is almost completely rusted though now. Inferior parts and cheap labor! Thank you GM! I assure you, it is my LAST GM car. Also, all the chrome plating on the cheap plastic door handles wore off. The rear assembly is rusted. The OEM original tires (Goodyear Wrangler) The steel belt separated from the tire itself at 20,000 miles!

This is unacceptable for a $60,000 truck US made truck. GM should be ashamed of themselves for building such a low quality piece of junk. Sure, it looks beautiful, but it wont last. It turns my stomach to see such a low quality American car being built these days. :(

Dax
11-12-10, 03:49 PM
I purchased a new escalade in 05. It had nothing but problems every since. The center console cigarette lighter always blew a fuse, the dealer couldnt figure out why and replaced the entire center console twice. It is still happening to this day. Oh, by the way, the truck has 38,000 miles on it now, it is garage kept and well maintained. I also purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty which seems to cover the front and read bumper only. They have never covered anything since the 4 year lease was up. Now, I own it. :(

Ok, so, the 6 CD player died, The driver's side power seat died, The transmission lines rusted through! 38,000 miles and the lines rusted. The transmission cooler is almost completely rusted though now. Inferior parts and cheap labor! Thank you GM! I assure you, it is my LAST GM car. Also, all the chrome plating on the cheap plastic door handles wore off. The rear assembly is rusted. The OEM original tires (Goodyear Wrangler) The steel belt separated from the tire itself at 20,000 miles!

This is unacceptable for a $60,000 truck US made truck. GM should be ashamed of themselves for building such a low quality piece of junk. Sure, it looks beautiful, but it wont last. It turns my stomach to see such a low quality American car being built these days. :(

I'd like to be the first person to thank you for such an enlightening piece of literature. Owning a 2004, I know all too much about the issues of quality craftsmanship. Was there a question hidden in there somewhere?

yamla_jatt806
11-12-10, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck. But, you shouldn't have bought it after the lease ran out if it had so many problems. I also have an 05 Escalade but only have had very minor issues. I will agree that fit and finish is not very high on GM's list even for Cadillac models.

Rolex
11-12-10, 08:11 PM
Why not sell it and rid yourself of the aggravation?

Ghost Deany
11-13-10, 01:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues.

bigdaddy's caddy
11-13-10, 02:24 PM
Wow sorry to hear about such bad luck with your caddy. I love my 04 platty. She has 91000 on her now. No major issues yet knock on wood. Ive owend her for almost three years now and she still looks like she did they day i brought her home. Than again i also dont drive her in the winter. I love my caddy. :stirpot:

gmercedesbenz
11-14-10, 12:46 AM
Wow, that's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear about your truck. I'm a recovering die hard Ford owner who has had nothing but pure joy and reliability from my GM Caddy. But seeing you've had so many issues, did you ever try filing a claim under lemon law? Probably too late now, but if you did I'm surprised with your issues you didn't win.

06Caddykeith
11-14-10, 09:39 PM
sorry to hear about your problems, but it does not seem like you have any mechanical issues. Which i must assume then that the POS starts everytime, runs like a top, drives nice....but that darn seat wont move, cd player won' t work, cigarette lighter wont work, chrome wore off the handles, and some corrossion issues in your tranny system. Seem to me like pretty minor issues for a vehicle that has been on the road for five maybe 6 years. I would say maybe the shop you take it to, has the issue. I had a small tranny oil leak (i would say pump seal), and took mine in under warrenty, when I got it back they told me they replaced the front seal.....hmmm interesting that the front seal is replaced for a tranny oil leak. So, that was the last time I took it to that dealership. If something keeps happening like a cig lighter fuse blowing, and they change the entire console, twice....what the heck??? A new console for a blown fuse...twice!!! MAybe look at the cell phone charger being plugged into it, for a short or something. the cd player quite working, hit ebay, for a replacement, not too tough to change. Same for the seat...if it is a malfunctioning part. AS for the tranny lines, they rusted from the outside I assume.....why is it just yours thats doing that. Lastly the chrome handles....ya thats poor quality. I'm not disagreeing with you that some stuff on these vehicles are not up to the quality one would expect but I also think your caddy has cost you very little to maintain if those are the only things you have had to do to it in 6 years and 38K miles. I agree with Rolex, if its such a POS then get rid of it. NExt guy will drive it for 30K miles and say man this thing has never let me down the entire time I've owned it!! WE all know that more expensive does not always mean better quality...often it means less common and more desireable because not every tom and hairy have one. I'm just saying is all.....

ipodrod
11-16-10, 02:15 PM
Did you do a carfax on the truck prior to buying it. Look at the timing and History carefully because some people put these switches on cars to stop the mileage from rolling as its being driven. The car could have actually had in the upwards of 100k on it.

1jetzfan
11-16-10, 05:01 PM
Thanks, guys you all have valid points. True, not many major issues so you are right. I didn't get a carfax because I leased it new, then bought it. I guess I am just venting on the poor quality of some parts which get on my nerves. I am glad to hear that some of you guys are having no troubles because that gives me hope. I bought it after the lease was up because A: My wife loves the truck. B: We babied it and took great care of it and didn't think we would have too many future problems. C: I have 1 year of payments left then I am done. I am hoping to get out of 1 car payment for a while. I "thought" and am hoping this truck will last a while after I was done paying on it because I keep up with it. Now that " Prince charming" is turning 16, he is talking about cars, and I am sure my life is going to get more complicated in a hurry! LOL! Thanks fellas, sorry to vent, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues as I am.

J-Ridez
11-19-10, 01:45 PM
I have an '03 EXT - bought used almost 2 years ago with 50K miles and now I'm at 67K miles and I haven't had an issue yet, although I probably just jinxed myself by saying that. I agree about the fit & finish on these model Escalades ('02 - '06), it's just downright cheap realitive to the asking price of these vehicles and GM should be ashamed of themselves for not doing a better job with materials and seperating the Caddilac line from GMC/Cheverolet. With that being said though I have been very satisfied with my truck. I can't imagine GMC being blamed for the rust - it has to be an environmental/climate thing for where you live. I live in Cali but my truck came from the North East and has a substantial amount of surface rust on the undercarriage because of it. Other people I know with West Coast Escalades don't have the rust like I do. Either way, that sucks that you've had so many issues - maybe buying the "stealer-ship" "undercoating" might have been a good option for where you live.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-20-10, 02:13 AM
I purchased a used 2002 Escalade with 22,150 miles on it. 4 years and 55k later I traded it in, had no real issues with it. Broke down once, replaced the fuel pump & I traded it in that day. Sounds like you bought a lemon and should've moved on from it awhile ago. You can strike out with any manufacturer tho! My buddy bought a MB E class a few years ago and that thing was the biggest POS ever. Spent more time in the shop than on the road...