: Presedential Suburbans Up Close Very Cool

156MPH
09-19-04, 01:04 PM
Bush is coming to our city on Friday,two of the Secret Service black suburbans are locked down in our PD garage. I am an Officer there and got to look ( stole a touch too) at them. MY GOD! THESE ARE JUST THE TECH VEHICLES....JUST LOOKING FROM THE OUTSIDE U CAN TELL THEY MUST COST HUGE $$$$$$$$ EACH ARE THE SAME,AT LEAST TEN DIFFERENT ANTENNAS AND A HUGE GPS ANTENNA OVER A FOOT TALL AND 10 INCHES WIDE. THE RIMS ARE TWO PIECE WITH APPOX 20 LUGS ON TE OUTER PART OF THE RIM AND ALMOST AS MANT ON THE INSIDE. YOU CAN SEE KEVLAR COVERED BRAKE LINES ETC..WILL TRY TO GET PICS. THESE ARENT EVEN THE 50 CAL MACHINE GUN TRUCKS

majax
09-19-04, 03:18 PM
:p, do they have those cool flashing lights inside the grill?

JohnnyO
09-19-04, 04:44 PM
THESE ARENT EVEN THE 50 CAL MACHINE GUN TRUCKS

:cool: Ya never know.

Vesicant
09-19-04, 07:48 PM
Just think of how thick that armor plating is too... just like the Presidential Cadillac, its protection level is higher than the highest in the armored car market. We're talkin transparent armor windows(that dont open), the strongest anti-ballistic material our tax dollars can buy, environment sealed, bullet resistant engine components, electronics, suspension, and tires. Mwuahaha :D

Otherwise saying, it can withstand 7.62mm (and today- higher) armor piercing fire, and mines.

Heres the features of an early 90's presidential type limo for head of state (thats actually forsale):
http://www.limos4sale.com/morearmorinfo.html
http://www.limos4sale.com/usedarmoredcars.html

barge master
09-19-04, 08:32 PM
I saw a show on History channel or something about those limos they use. WOW. They weren't too forthcoming with any technical details about them though. This was before 9/11. I'm not trying to sound like your mother or anything, but if I were in your shoes I'd be wondering if posting close-up shots of the vehicles used in the presidential motorcade could cost me my job, or maybe land me in the slammer. I don't mean to sound condescending, and please forgive me if I do, but their kinda twitchy nowadays and I'd hate to be thinking how I wish I'd said something when I hear Dan Rather talking about you.

JohnnyO
09-19-04, 10:41 PM
:coolgleam My sources have sources, but I was told a while ago when Clinton was President that the Presidential Caddys had blown 502 Chevys in them. Betcha they won't pass an emissions test. :rolleyes: Occasionally Car & Driver magazine tests armored stuff. I like how the back doors on the 'Burbans hydraulically lower from the roof (sort of a reverse gullwing) so the Secret Service can stand on them and shoot back. Plus a .50 cal machine gun that pops up through the sunroof. :want:

Vesicant
09-19-04, 11:02 PM
:coolgleam My sources have sources, but I was told a while ago when Clinton was President that the Presidential Caddys had blown 502 Chevys in them. Betcha they won't pass an emissions test. :rolleyes: Occasionally Car & Driver magazine tests armored stuff. I like how the back doors on the 'Burbans hydraulically lower from the roof (sort of a reverse gullwing) so the Secret Service can stand on them and shoot back. Plus a .50 cal machine gun that pops up through the sunroof. :want:

I like the 502 and the .50 machine gun part :D

156MPH
09-20-04, 05:27 AM
I hear u Barge..........black curtain behind drivers seat cant see nothing

barge master
09-20-04, 06:02 AM
I guess they won't sell off any of them so potential bad guys can't figure out what the weak points might be. They would not discuss what they weighed or anything regarding their limitations. Too bad, I'd love to get a close-up look at them myself.

T_Dogg8
09-20-04, 09:50 AM
they are cool. saw them a few years ago when clinton was at the us open in bethesda. guy was sitting in the back with a machine gun in his lap.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-20-04, 11:15 AM
are the black vans there too ? we had 2 ford econoline vans show up at our base for a presdientail visit , i took a peek inside to see why they sat funny , im pretty sure there acutually B52 bombers disgised as ford vans , really weird stuff , and i got in trouble for looking at it (only my military security clearnace got me out of bigger trouble).....they asked why i was peeking , i just said "the springs looked overloaded and i wanted to see if your load was temporary " they just said "itll be fine once we start it " ...they were right ....

RBraczyk
09-20-04, 11:28 AM
I guess the beadlockers are a good idea. Thats what all those lugs around the rim mean.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-20-04, 11:37 AM
could also be humvee type wheels that are 2 peice to allow the run flat donut to be replaced ......

barge master
09-20-04, 10:10 PM
I guess you better be ready to die if you try and charge those guys. They shoot first and ask questions later.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-21-04, 10:44 AM
Im immortal , so i dont fear death ......but those guys i worry about

156MPH
09-21-04, 01:42 PM
Stoneage......none us feared death at 23 :)

68CoupeDeVille
09-21-04, 02:43 PM
Man, that stuff sounds sweet. Ha ha ha ha! I'd be such a bad president! I'd be too preoccupied in playing with all my cool toys that I don't think I'd ever get anything "presidential" done... "Can I try the .50??" "Hey kids, come look at this! Try and shoot me! Just try!! Shoot the engine too! Cool, huh?"

I'd want my own SMG, too.

T_Dogg8
09-21-04, 02:58 PM
the only problem is you don't get to drive for at least 4 years.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-21-04, 03:05 PM
now thats why ill never be president ........

If i cant drive i cant live

T_Dogg8
09-21-04, 03:54 PM
you just need to get a lot of property. you can drive if it's on your own property. i wonder if you could drag race??

Stoneage_Caddy
09-21-04, 04:08 PM
clinton had a stang while he was president , wonder if he drove it at camp david ?

T_Dogg8
09-21-04, 04:11 PM
if i was president, i'd be calling up kenny bernstein. what's he going to say?? i'm the president :coolgleam

Stoneage_Caddy
09-21-04, 04:32 PM
theres a good point , but id eb calling kenny for something else , namely The turbo charged Buick inday cars he campgined at indy many years ago ...

"This is President Stone , got any buicks laying around?"

T_Dogg8
09-21-04, 04:52 PM
or maybe john force. maybe his daughter could give me some tips :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
09-21-04, 04:59 PM
what was her name , i heard a "force" while i was watching an event last weekend on the tele but it wasnt big mouth john

T_Dogg8
09-21-04, 05:23 PM
ashley

http://www.johnforceracing.com/

actually looks better in person than on the site.

Elvis
09-23-04, 02:56 PM
Where are those pics!?!?

Stoneage_Caddy
09-23-04, 03:06 PM
hmm she took autoshop......yes shes a 10 ! er wait , jailbait ...damn

T_Dogg8
09-24-04, 08:34 AM
jailbait?? she's 21. how old do you want them?!?!?

Stoneage_Caddy
09-24-04, 12:14 PM
ohhh my bad ,thought it said she was still in highschool.....GAME ON !

156MPH
09-25-04, 01:56 PM
Bush Was Here Yesterday.....wow.no Cars Even Parked Can Be On The Route. I Got To Hang Around With The White House Press? Man They Had Press Rooms Set Up The Building I Was In Secret Service And Press Only. They Had An Awesome Coast Guard Helo. We Are On Lake Michigan..man That Pilot Could Fly.doors Were Open Looked Like A .50cal Mounted.man Did He Fly Low. Four Buses Tons Of Squads Cars Motorcycles, Secret Service. Bomb Dogs, Bush Had A Custom Bus Tons Of Security. The Country Western Band Got Checked 4 Times For Bombs.