: Knowledgable and reputable dealer needed.

DanHDman
11-12-10, 07:54 AM
I'm looking for a dealer in the Chicago land area that knows what they are doing. I have a 2003 DTS in which I have upgrade the radio from Bose to Nav. I now need it programmed to use and activate onstar but my local dealer says no can do. i know it can and has been done before so I'm looking for recommendations and or referrals for a local dealer. Anyone?
Thasnx
Dan

JimmyH
11-22-10, 06:00 PM
http://cadillac.motorwerks.com/?gclid=COrWxsLDtaUCFYQUKgodQG2KYQ

They always took excellent care of me. Ask for Kevin. He's the man.

DanHDman
11-22-10, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately they were the first ones i talked to who shot me down. I'm gonna head over to the chevy dealer or there is another local independent shop who has a Tech 2 and i have the instructions on how to do what i need to have done, sooooo.......

383 LT1 SS
11-23-10, 09:24 AM
I have had very good service from Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg.

383 LT1 SS

JimmyH
11-23-10, 07:55 PM
Interesting. The first positive feedback I have seen for Patrick.

383 LT1 SS
11-24-10, 02:54 PM
Interesting. The first positive feedback I have seen for Patrick.

Maybe I have been lucky but I always deal with the service manager directly. In addition, my car is under warranty and so far I have had zero issues with their service department. It's hard to find a good dealer service department. I have had issues over the years with many dealer service departments and to be truthful I typically try to avoid dealer service departments.

383 LT1 SS

DanHDman
11-25-10, 11:01 AM
Maybe I have been lucky but I always deal with the service manager directly. In addition, my car is under warranty and so far I have had zero issues with their service department. It's hard to find a good dealer service department. I have had issues over the years with many dealer service departments and to be truthful I typically try to avoid dealer service departments.

383 LT1 SS

Patrick shot me down also. I try to avoid dealerships when i can whether it is my cars, work truck or motorcycle. It just seems they are the only one that has a tech tool 2. I may have found a local shop that does and will find out on monday. woohoo.

JimmyH
11-27-10, 08:56 PM
I never had any dealings with Patrick, so I cannot comment. Just implying what I have heard, both here on the forums, and some folks who I have met. They all have had bad things to say about them. Just goes to show, the relationship you have with your service adviser is important. He can make things happen.

Ranger
12-02-10, 10:47 PM
Might try Gary Lang in McHenry. With a few exceptions, I've had good service while under warranty.

JimmyH
12-06-10, 05:51 PM
One of the guys from the V1 forum works in Gary Lang service.

Ranger
12-10-10, 09:27 PM
Really? Who? Wonder if I know him. Haven't been there since the warranty ran out though.

DanHDman
12-12-10, 07:53 AM
I guess it's a secret and no one wants to fess up. I've emailed the question with no response. hmmmmm......