: Low Beam Headlight out Message

Hockeytown 1340
11-11-10, 11:46 PM
My wife called me from the road tonight saying there was a message by the speedometer saying "right low beam headlight out" and sure enough when she got home it was out. While the engine was running I had her turn on the high beams, right still out. After she shut off the engine the automatic headlights (both) came on. Re-started the car, auto headlights (both) came on, weird!! I took the car for a spin and no headlight problems. Anyone else have this happen to them?

TheCaptain
11-12-10, 07:23 AM
I think this has been a small problem in a couple of SRX's, it requires a trip to the dealer for a headlight module reprogram. :)

Black SRX Perf
11-12-10, 11:02 AM
My wife called me from the road tonight saying there was a message by the speedometer saying "right low beam headlight out" and sure enough when she got home it was out. While the engine was running I had her turn on the high beams, right still out. After she shut off the engine the automatic headlights (both) came on. Re-started the car, auto headlights (both) came on, weird!! I took the car for a spin and no headlight problems. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I had the same problem one time only about 2 weeks ago. Same results as you.

Hockeytown 1340
11-12-10, 08:24 PM
Thanks Guys. I'll have the dealer look into it next time I take the car in

johnl327
11-14-10, 08:07 AM

happened to me twice after the firet time i bought it to the dealer and theyn replaced some parts but after 3 weeks it happened again so i just turn off the lights and back on again but it hasnt happened for about 3 weeks now

Marc NY
11-18-10, 09:30 PM
I had that happen to me about 3 times since I have owned it. I found that if I turned the SRX on and off and it went away.

If it happens again I will probably take it to the dealership.

jcee
02-16-11, 03:39 PM
I had this happen for the first time last night. I've had my SRX for 8 months now, 7500 miles and it just now happened. Started it up today and they both came on. Weird

Hockeytown 1340
02-18-11, 12:27 AM
Since I started this post last November, it has not happened again. Knock on wood!