Cadillac Owners Forum banner

UUC Diff bushing lifespan

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ctsv-mjf 
#1 ·
I'm about to attempt an install of the UUC diff bushing. Wondering how many times I'll need to do this. How long does the UUC bushing last?

Hopefully longer than the stock version.

#2 ·
Mine has been in about a year I guess. No problems here. They really haven't been out very long so its hard to say how long they will really last.

#4 ·
since we're on the topic of the diff bushing, can someone show a picture of one of these and where it goes. I assume it is up on the input side of the diff(RH side of car) the cradle mounts (rear of Diff) don't seem to have any rubber associated with them.

Also, what is the procedure for changing one out? maybe this has been addressed in the FAQ section.

UUC offers one of these. Does Creative Steel offer one? who else, and who are most people using? I am going to do this as well to an 06. I am looking for as much information as possible before I proceed.

Sorry for the hijacked thread.

#6 ·
I've been wondering myself. I did mine about a year and a half ago, a good 20,000+ miles. Starting to hear some clunk.

#7 ·
I'm really wondering if I need to hold on to the diff puller tool after I bought one from PISNUOFF. If I never need it again, I'll pass it along to someone else, if I'll need it again in 20K miles I have to hold onto it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.