: 2010-2011 dts recall

Mark58
11-11-10, 09:43 PM
C/P

General Motors has issued a recall for 2010 and 2011 models of the Buick Lucerne and the Cadillac DTS. At issue is a wiring flaw, which could result in the loss of power steering -- or worse.

The recall applies only to those 13,780 vehicles equipped with V8 engines. According to a bulletin from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: "The starter or alternator cable is in contact with the power steering return line. If either the starter or alternator cable is contacting the power steering return line, the cable could wear through the line, causing a power steering fluid leak."

Translation: over time, drivers could lose power steering fluid, which would make the vehicles harder to steer, increasing the risk of accidents. In a worst-case scenario, the fluid could leak onto hot parts of the engine, which could start a fire. Neither is good.

ewill3rd
11-12-10, 08:02 AM
This is a simple reroute of some wiring to the underhood fuse block.

You can do a quick inspection yourself, look at the wires to the block that come across the front upper area of the engine. See if they are in contact with the steering line near the motor mount area on the right side.
If they are, get the car in and they will fix it.
If not, get it in anyway but spaz out less... :lol:

TulsaVic
11-12-10, 10:35 AM
I find this amazing--that it's confined to the 2010/2011 model--since this is exactly what happened to my '08. Fortunately, it finally wore through the hydraulic line as I entered my driveway, leaving me with a big puddle of power steering fluid in the garage. Cadillac should consider expanding this recall......