: Have they gone too far?

elwesso
01-27-03, 01:28 PM
I am a little bored today, and i got to thinking today, do you think manufacturers are getting a little out of control with all the SUVs. I mean if porsche has one, then whats next, BENTLEY? Yeah right. Personally, i think they have gone a little too far, since most of them are collectively the same.

DeVillish
01-27-03, 03:45 PM
yeah iam kinda sick of all the SUVs all over. they are getting bigger, uglier and are always, ALWAYS in my way. Its hard to name a company that doesnt make a Stupid Ugly Vehical. Oh and i love when they show them going off road on TV, like any of the soccer moms will EVER go off-roading.

elwesso
01-27-03, 03:49 PM
Well im glad im not the only one. I mean some of them dont even deserve to be called SUVs. On my way to fort wayne over christmas, i saw about 5 aztechs in the median. And there really wasnt that much snow. They should be considered raised station wagons.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 03:52 PM
there is only one SUV on my book thats the International Scout all the rest are just wanabees

elwesso
01-27-03, 04:02 PM
Or the origional jeep........

But i guess that wasnt technically a "SUV"

Allante North *
01-27-03, 04:30 PM
I would guess that I'm the exception and not the rule. I have two SUV's. Both are Toyota 4Runners, and both have 5-speeds. I use them for work and do take them off road, however the "95" is now semi-retired and used by my wife as work transportation. Having driven pick-em-up trucks for many years, I found the SUV to be more comfortable and having more space for equipment and people if any come along.

I wouldn't have a 4X4 vehicle without manual transmission because they are less prone to getting stuck. Believe me when I tell you the only reason I bought these SUV's was because they have leather interior and 5-speeds. Leather is more durable than cloth and easier to clean. I had to look long and hard to find these and wouldn't have one with automatic transmission. I think automatics are for wimps, and wish my Caddy had manual transmission. Maybe I'll get crazy later and try to pick up another older Allante and install a 5 or 6 speed in it.

It is true that most SUV's sold will never go off road, but they do have the potential to handle better in bad weather conditions to keep the soccer mommies and their rug rats safe. I agree with the statements above about the ammount of SUV's on the road, but while there is a demand for them they will continue to make them and theres not much that can be done except to tolorate them.

I guess I will have to keep the ones I have because manual transmissions are no longer available. I have been looking at getting a new GMC or Chevy 4X4 extended cab, but may have to settle for a Dodge to get the manual transmission. The General for some reason does not put manual transmissions in his top of the line trucks, and I'm not ready for a Dually just yet.

In response to the Aztec's made by Pontaic. That is the ugliest damn vehicle I have ever seen. They are two wheel drive, and ugly as a bowling shoe. A funny story about an Aztec was that one stopped to assist in an accident, and when fire rescue got there, they thought it was involved in the wreck and started to use the jaws of life to extract the occupants because they thought it was hit in the rear. They then saw the accident was off the highway and went into the woods to assist those that were involved in the accident.

elwesso
01-27-03, 04:44 PM
Thats a good story. Personally, i think that a car of similar weight would handle just as good in rough weather, unless there was like 10in of snow. Maybe what i was more going for, was have the manufacturers gone too far. I think a SUV in porsche's lineup almost takes away from their dignity. I remember when they made the AWD porsches (and maybe they still do, i dont really follow them too much). Also, BMW and Mercedes SUVs are abominable (sp?). They are a complete waste, they are so light that they cant go through anything. My aunt has a pathfinder and has 4wd, but cant stop because it is so light. On the other hand, my tahoe hardly ever engages the ABS, even on ice.

I certainly wasnt implying that aztechs were good at all, but the manufacturer was selling them as an SUV, and they can get out of snow about as well as a van.

As far as manual trannys, i think that the automatics are getting better every year. I think they will eventually make the manual obsolete, because they will be just as good. Especially if the tiptronic shifting becomes more popular.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 04:54 PM
I guess theres good SUVs like the Jeep and Cherokee and a few others but then theres the over sized rice burners - the front wheel drivers and the absoutly uselees if any 4x4 at all kind like the aztec and some others

HotRodSaint
01-27-03, 04:58 PM
It ain't a Bentley but this weeks Autoweek has a picture of a Maserati SUV. So a Bentley couldn't be too far behind. They must be thinking there are buyers for 150,000 dollar SUV's too.

If I needed the utility, I'd buy a station wagon. I don't have the need or desire to go offroad, too much fun to be had onroad. Audi and Volvo make some very attractive wagons that also offer the performance I desire. I think I'd choose the Audi for the AWD though.

Mad'lac
01-27-03, 04:59 PM
You mean like that new Honda... the Pilot I think its called or that other one they got with the suicide doors even the Toyota Matrix. Both worthless as SUV. They should just call them stationwagons.

elwesso
01-27-03, 05:01 PM
I agree. If it doesnt have 4wd or even AWD it cant even be thought of to be considered a SUV. I think the tahoes and yukons are one of the best SUVs outside of the hummers. The expeditions and excursion are just too big to take offroad. Like sometimes my dad goes hunting, and drives through woods and there is no way that you could get through with a huge SUV.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 05:12 PM
How about this one? It started life out as a cool SUV

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7&category=5360

http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_5fd94d2b595152e87c0f2e13f2d7887f/i-1.JPG

Oh well some rapper will probally buy it :D

Allante North *
01-27-03, 05:38 PM
Is that a VW with a Hummer shoved up its butt? I guess your right about some Rapper or Drug Dealer picking it up to tool around in. Good thing the exhaust is above the hood in case he drives it into the pool.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Allante North *
Is that a VW with a Hummer shoved up its butt? I guess your right about some Rapper or Drug Dealer picking it up to tool around in. Good thing the exhaust is above the hood in case he drives it into the pool.

thats an intake snorkel so it can "drive under water" :rolleyes: It could be worse like 24" rims

elwesso
01-27-03, 05:55 PM
VW with a hummer up its butt, that seems appropriate. But words can not describe the horrendessness of that vehicular object. If i worked for the BMV, i would not let them register it because it looks so bad.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
VW with a hummer up its butt, that seems appropriate. But words can not describe the horrendessness of that vehicular object. If i worked for the DMV, i would not let them register it because it looks so bad.

lol, regestering anything custom is a pain. I argued for 20 minutes that my car was a hearse and not a fleetwood the last 2 states it was regestered in says hearse of amblulance on the title. so they call around and tell me what my car is. I tell them thats is based on the comercial chassis, but no they tell me ists a fleetwood, so i settled for fleetwood limo. oh well :rolleyes:

elwesso
01-27-03, 06:45 PM
Stupid DMV, they think they know everything :mad:

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 06:48 PM
Stupid DMV, they think they know everything :mad:

I guess I cant complain about $25 a year for registration tho :D

Mad'lac
01-27-03, 07:28 PM
Back in my wild teen years me and my dad built a 3-wheel trike using a VW engine and tranny. Imagine the hell we went through trying to register it as a bike. First they said no it ain't a bike then told us its a VW. It went on for months!!! Finally we got it registered as a '79 Sportster since thats was the parts bike we used , sad part is we had to track down the title of the bike. Spent money getting a new title on the bike numbers filing a lost title claim and all that b.s. DMV just like to ruin yer life sometimes

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
Back in my wild teen years me and my dad built a 3-wheel trike using a VW engine and tranny. Imagine the hell we went through trying to register it as a bike. First they said no it ain't a bike then told us its a VW. It went on for months!!! Finally we got it registered as a '79 Sportster since thats was the parts bike we used , sad part is we had to track down the title of the bike. Spent money getting a new title on the bike numbers filing a lost title claim and all that b.s. DMV just like to ruin yer life sometimes

yeah I imagine that would be pretty hard

elwesso
01-27-03, 07:54 PM
I think they intentionally go out of their way to make the lines longer, and somehow, they manage to skip your number. After you sit there for hours, someone walks right in and gets a teller.

Hey, i think i am going to split this topic, this is just a tad off topic, but to what?......

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 07:59 PM
DMV gripes? lol

yeah, this did loose track a lil bit :)

elwesso
01-27-03, 08:05 PM
oh well, lets keep it up, who knows where this will end up

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 08:26 PM
http://www.car-truck.com/image/chryed/concept/02/compf4.jpg

its just keeps getting worse

elwesso
01-27-03, 09:12 PM
I agree, that looks like a overweight liberty.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 09:47 PM
yeah very off road-able :rolleyes:

Allante North *
01-27-03, 10:42 PM
I agree, it looks like some engineer stuck an air hose up a Jeep Liberty's @ss.

Got any more

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:00 PM
Almost as bad as the VW/HUMMER BUMMER!

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:01 PM
http://thamus.org/News/pics/suv_aztek.jpg

the already discused Aztek

and the Honda X

http://www.conceptcarposter.com/other_img/Honda_ModelX.jpg

:helpless:

Devil_concours
01-27-03, 11:05 PM
i'm sorry guys i have a suburban(4X4) and 02 4 door f250 (4X4). I do use the truck/suv to do light off roading and it is mostly used for towing boats and carrying stuff for long distance trips.
anyways. I do agree that lot of female drivers out on the road do not have the appropriate skills to drive these monster suvs/trucks. Even the f250 is too much for me sometimes.

Maybe we need new regulation requiring anyone with truck licence plate to get special licenses.
And insurance company needs to start charging more premiums from these female suv drivers.

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:05 PM
And you know the sad thing is......There are people out there that look at that thing and say....COOOOOL car!

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by kcnewell
And you know the sad thing is......There are people out there that look at that thin and sa y....COOOOOL car!

AND THEY VOTE! bahhhhh nooo.

Devil_concours
01-27-03, 11:07 PM
what do you guys think about the new h2?
it has been criticized a lot by the public because it lost too much of the rugged look of the h1. IF you look at the truck's technical side it's actually an improvement over the h1.
Better ride, still capable, more advanced powertrain, and more comfort.

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:12 PM
Maybe we need new regulation requiring anyone with truck licence plate to get special licenses.
And insurance company needs to start charging more premiums from these female suv drivers.

Two points.....I've been an advocate of special licensing for heavy vehicles and have repeatedly been told by politicians that the A.A.R.P. would lobby it out of existence ( Can you say MOTORHOME?) and can you imagine what the National organization for WHINERS would say about the other thing...YIKES!!!

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:18 PM
The H2 is basically a fake Hummer, big ugly phony looking body on the tahoe platform. An Improvement? I hardly think so! A Hummer is a Hummer and that is NOT! a Hummer.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:19 PM
[rant on ]I my self have a Class A CDL with Haz-Mat, Tank, Double-Tripples, and Motorcycle and have a tendency to gripe about others who unknowing (or not) drive combination that I am required to be licensed for and weigh. i.e. farmer john and his 3-4 hay wagons behind his chevy and motorhomes pulling a car pulling a boat and people pulling trailers with a weight of over 10,000lbs[/rant off]

sorry for my ranting again

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:28 PM
Me Too Dude! I drove a truck for a long time and still have my C.D.L. Grandpa DOOFUS in his winnebago pulling his SUV weaving down the myopic Highway is not my idea of a safe driver!

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
what do you guys think about the new h2?
it has been criticized a lot by the public because it lost too much of the rugged look of the h1. IF you look at the truck's technical side it's actually an improvement over the h1.
Better ride, still capable, more advanced powertrain, and more comfort.

the H2 is an over priced over glamourized socormommobile

it is by far not a technical improvement over the origional as far as off road is concerned, ok so the H2 has On-Star and a few other do-dads ok? but the H1 as is is now being called has portal axles and is one of the most capable off road machines despite its size. what it comes down to is H1 = off road H2 mall crawling

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:33 PM
Glad to see a felow driver on here :wave: :thumbsup:

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:34 PM
Yes! That's exactly what I was talkin' bout. The thing is just another watered down piece of JUNK!! I Wouldn't have on at half the asking price!

Devil_concours
01-27-03, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
the H2 is an over priced over glamourized socormommobile

it is by far not a technical improvement over the origional as far as off road is concerned, ok so the H2 has On-Star and a few other do-dads ok? but the H1 as is is now being called has portal axles and is one of the most capable off road machines despite its size. what it comes down to is H1 = off road H2 mall crawling

h2 has proven to be a capable off road machine beyond all current suv except for the h1 but not too far off from it.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:42 PM
ok, it might be ok off road but for that price ill just buy the real thing. that if if i had that kinda money in the first place

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
Glad to see a felow driver on here :wave: :thumbsup:

I own a Harley engine shop now. I kinda got sick of the truck driving Rat Race and wanted to get paid for what I'd do for the fun of it anyway! But I still keep my license and Medical current cause it's nice to have it. ( Just in case! )

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:44 PM
Sorry man, I just don't get it...It's almost as good as what it replaced! That's not how it's supposed to go, Is it?

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:46 PM
I own a Harley engine shop now. I kinda got sick of the truck driving Rat Race and wanted to get paid for what I'd do for the fun of it anyway! But I still keep my license and Medical current cause it's nice to have it. ( Just in case! )

I hear ya ive been staying home turing wrenches on the big trucks

my dad and I are thinking about starting our own fleet and I be the service manager some time down the road

Devil_concours
01-27-03, 11:48 PM
sure the h1 is god in off roading but have you driven one on the road. Oh god that was one of the most horrific memories of my life.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
sure the h1 is god in off roading but have you driven one on the road. Oh god that was one of the most horrific memories of my life.

Ive driven its big brother the Gov't Issue in the military my only complaint wa the milk crate like seats

Mad'lac
01-27-03, 11:52 PM
The idea Honda got on the X is good but only for a true SUV not a bloated Civic.

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:54 PM
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_4278a8ea88a2fa86089dc3e2c7470950/i-1_B.JPG

how about this H2, If I had $100,000 i might consider it and stockers are going for more that half of that

kcnewell
01-27-03, 11:56 PM
I drove one a few times and I thought it drove fine. I will admit that I have many years of driving large vehicles under my belt and am used to their idiocincracies. I'm just a purist at heart and I think, If you want a Hummer Get a Hummer and If you want an Escalade Get one! Don't destroy a fine vehicle because you want something that it wasn't intended to be!

Dead Sled
01-27-03, 11:57 PM
I drove one a few times and I thought it drove fine. I will admit that I have many years of driving large vehicles under my belt and am used to their idiocincracies. I'm just a purist at heart and I think, If you want a Hummer Get a Hummer and If you want an Escalade Get one! Don't destroy a fine vehicle because you want something that it wasn't intended to be!

I agree

Mad'lac
01-27-03, 11:59 PM
I agree also.

kcnewell
01-28-03, 12:04 AM
LOOK, LOOK! We all finally agree on something!!!!! Hey Mikey!

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:06 AM
whoo hoo!

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:08 AM
The end of the world is here!!!!! Oh wait thats just the neighbor's wife in her moomoo.

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
The end of the world is here!!!!! Oh wait thats just the nieghbor's wife in her moomoo.

speaking of neighbor I have an ol lady down the street from me that thinks im trying to kill her

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:12 AM
LOL!!!! Did ya run over her cat? Or did ya tell her if she wanted to ride in yer Cadillac?

kcnewell
01-28-03, 12:12 AM
So, Call her Bluff!.......Kill Her! LOL,LOL!

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:14 AM
I feel really sorry for her she has old timers and one called the cops because some one broke into her house and stole all the lids to her pots, some tupperware, a notepad a tennis shoe and a blouse :D

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:16 AM
Now what on earth are you gonna do with the blouse and the one tennis shoe? You gonna make one of those annoying bumper dolls?

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:18 AM
now all i need is the pots them selves lol, but seriously i hide when I see her comming down the driveway, thats bad :D

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:22 AM
You could always replay a scene from "Children of the corn" since y'all got loads of cornfields out there. All we got down here is manure pits :D

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:23 AM
hmm there is a cornfield behind her house muhahahah

one thing i like about TX is they just make their own lane. "Hey, no ones on the shoulder!, im there. varooom" :D

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:25 AM
LOL!!! Don't forget about the center turning lane on a five lane road.

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:26 AM
What i dont understand is the dotten line indicating a passing zone in those turing lanes ? thats gota get scarry lol

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:27 AM
hehehe......it just means they ran out of paint for solid lines

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:33 AM
this must be the longest thread so far on the board? huh

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:38 AM
I forgot what this thread was about :(

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:43 AM
ugly SUVS, hummers, trucker rants, crazy old ladies, and texas drivers lol

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:44 AM
oh yeah :) We even use the median if we want to do a little offroading by the highway.

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:46 AM
people here with the wana be SUVs do the median driving thing on the first snow fall every year. year after year everyone forgets how to drive in the snow

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:46 AM
So y'all getting hit with the snow bad this year? My sister lives in Oskaloosa Iowa. Small town :(

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 12:48 AM
not that far from me. we've had very little snow here this year.

but enough to have a lil bit of fun then its gone, I live in a very small town 2nd largest in the counts at 2000 people 30 miles east of Cedar Rapids

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 12:52 AM
Cool. I was up there last August. Its pretty nice up there but not enough for me to leave Texas. Too much corn for me :D Well I'm off to bed now later!!!!!

Katshot
01-28-03, 08:04 AM
I think the SUV craze is starting to wane. Most manufacturers are shifting to cross-overs. If you step back and think about it, the argument could be made that the car companies are just finding ways to eventually get us all to accept mini-vans.
They get us into big SUV's, then into mid-size SUV's, then cross-over's. Sounds like we've made the round-about transition to mini-vans/station wagons.

elwesso
01-28-03, 03:38 PM
Yes, completely. Pretty soon were going to go back to the wood panel station wagons that have 4wd and a fuel cell!! We have gotten a ton of snow, and were supposed to get the works tonight (rain snow sleet). SUVs are a pretty good investment here in Indiana. I am still not with the idea of all the suv wannabes, but a big SUV (like a tahoe) is good. All of the stupid not so SUVs should be lowered and made in the car that they deserve to be (or in some cases like the aztech, firebombed) We have pulled our fair share of vehicles out of the snow, including out of our yard. That guy put a huge hole in the end of our yard. The road crews should really start plowing the median, it would save the towing companies a lot of effort :-) .

This thread has to be the longest ever, i just started it yesterday!

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 04:04 PM
we've got at least 2" and counting here.

I have no problem with the origionals like the tahoe either

Ive pulled my fair share with my old International too.

and just Sunday I was having a lil bit too much fun in my Cherokee on a snowy gravel road. I was apexing a gentle corner and spun 3 times and very slowly coasted into the ditch missing all the mailboxes. all this in 2wd then i just drove right out. and last year the same corner caught my dad and I, quite a bit less dramaticly, in a plymouth Acclaim some times I just have too much fun :D

elwesso
01-28-03, 04:10 PM
Yes. Unfortunately the tahoe is too heavy to do donuts effectively (yes i tried, but not that much. I probably could have done one if i wanted to), but it is fun to hit the gas going on corners, just a little, and i slides that back end right around.

The ultimate donut car is the newer cadillac fleetwoods. Low COG, long, heavy, big engine, how can you go wrong.

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 04:11 PM
Damn I'm glad we don't get snow down here. Imagine the havoc it would cause us!!!!

elwesso
01-28-03, 04:13 PM
Yea, it seems down south whenever they get 1in of snow they close down everything. I guess it goes back to the texas drivers.....

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 04:17 PM
We don't even have slowplows in San Antonio. Then again if it only snows here once every 15-20 yrs I see why we don't have them. Whats bad down here is how some people tend to forget how to drive in a rainstorm.

elwesso
01-28-03, 04:21 PM
What, do they forget about the magical invention of winshield wipers!

My personal opinion is if you can go 5 years without a wreck driving in indiana, or any of the midwest, you are an outstanding driver.

Mad'lac
01-28-03, 04:46 PM
Hell I'm working on my 10th year now. Then again I had enough wrecks between the ages 0f 16-18

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 07:41 PM
None so far for me :crossfingers:

kcnewell
01-28-03, 10:05 PM
Here in the Peoples Republic of California if we get flurries, not sticking they close the roads I've actually seen these IDIOTS require chains on dry pavement! with snow on the shoulders.....Amazing!

kcnewell
01-28-03, 10:09 PM
Hey Dead-sled, I had a nasty one in '84 in a brand new Freightliner C.O.E. pulling a load of glass on a set of flatbeds. A drunk ran across in front of me and hit the right front. I'll attach a photo to my next post.

Dead Sled
01-28-03, 10:12 PM
My Dad tripped over a deer in Virgina slid half way down a moutain and the first thing the officer said to him was where's your log?

I wish I could find the pics, he made a mess of that FLD120

day started out watching 2 kids get hit running across the road killing them on impact, then 30 miles down the road a deet took out the right bumper, smashed the bumper into the steer tire causing the truck to take an instant left turn laying the whole rig on the side sliding down the moutain. Dad had ahold of the wheel at the botom and bent it up when the seat extended and he hit his head on the CB knocking him out. he was out cold for about 25-30 mins. some onm knew he was alive when they started beating on the botom of the truck and he woke up saying it about time you stop sliding you son of a B*...lol he ended up getting a ticke for an acident involving an upset vehicle (so don't piss off your truck in VA) and another ticket for and accident involving a CMV :rolleyes: all that even though it was an act of god oh well every things ok now :)

kcnewell
01-28-03, 10:15 PM
BAM!!

Mad'lac
01-29-03, 11:25 AM
Damn KC!!!! You walked away untouch?

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 12:24 PM
bah I down loaded something not IE wont open things in a new window, no pics no web pages not even more smilies. I wish i could see that your pic. ill get this computner fixed tonight :mad:

lookk like time to build another :D

kcnewell
01-29-03, 04:30 PM
Actually, I walked away pretty much in good shape. A few stitches and a thorough going over. It took them an hour and 20 minutes to cut me out of the wreck 'cause the rear trailer came down on top of the tractor after the tractor rolled over. They airlifted me to a hospital 80 miles away and I was released in about 4 hours....THAT! was a wild ride!

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 04:56 PM
WOW that looked like it might have hurt a lil bit

elwesso
01-29-03, 05:07 PM
That is a wreck. My grandpa had wreck recently, kinda. He was driving home from church on a saturday night and there was a hay ride going DOWN THE HIGHWAY. Apparently it wasnt lighted very well, and he clipped it while trying to swerve around it. While going around it, he smashed head on into an oncoming car, which was a cadillac. They were then ambulanced to the local hospital and were released later, with no problems. But, the people that cut them out of the car said that had they not been riding in a huge car (merc. grand marquis) they would have been in pretty bad shape. No one was hurt, but the driver of the hay ride was thrown off the tractor.

Goes to show you that BIGGER IS BETTER.

kcnewell
01-29-03, 05:13 PM
Yeah Dude, BIG cars and BIG trucks.....Ya gotta love'em!!!

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 05:20 PM
good 'ol more lug nuts therory :D

elwesso
01-29-03, 05:27 PM
Screw the fact that they may pollute more and use more gas, BIGGER IS BETTER. I cant think of 1 thing that bigger isnt better.

HotRodSaint
01-29-03, 06:15 PM
I cant think of 1 thing that bigger isnt better.

A zit! :wacky:

kcnewell
01-29-03, 08:40 PM
I'm decidedly NOT! A tree hugger....Bigger is better and then pump it up! All I like to do is GO FAST!!! And Going fast and making other people go fast is how I make a living.....Not just a job...ADVENTURE!!

Devil_concours
01-29-03, 11:31 PM
bigger doesn't always mean more pollution.
Don't forget about all the small cars in the europe and other countries where emission standards aren't as strict as here.

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 11:43 PM
although there are also emmision nazi countries like Japan where cars dont last much more than 3 years before a new more fuel efficient engine must be installed to pass the sniffer. those engines are then sent over here an can be had for cheeeeep

only problems is the quality of those engines, they know it wont last them more than three years so they treat them in such a manner - as in rare if any oil change at all

kcnewell
01-30-03, 12:02 AM
Yeah, But on the other hand, They don't go any where and the way they drive over here the car's probably spend most of the three years in the body shop! So the motor probably got like 50 miles on it!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 12:11 AM
lol. true, true :D

kcnewell
01-30-03, 12:18 AM
Wow, You've got 'em in Iowa too? I was beginning to think it was a west/east coast problem only!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 12:25 AM
ahhh they're everywhere! we dont have too many of the lil ricers around here with the 3 tier wings and gigantic body kits but they are here

kcnewell
01-30-03, 12:27 AM
If I was a ricer where I live I'd have LOTS of company!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 12:28 AM
thats the People's Republic of California for ya :D

kcnewell
01-30-03, 12:31 AM
Yeah, If my name was Hop Sing I'd fit right in!

elwesso
01-30-03, 03:33 PM
Har har. We dont have a ton of ricers around here. Most of the ricers are chevy cavaliers, since where i live is GM area. And most people cant afford the better GMs, so.......

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 04:18 PM
my Dead sled cam from Santa Maria then made its way to Long Beach. After seeing Gone in 60 Seconds many times I got to wondering how it made it to WI where I bought it

elwesso
01-30-03, 08:39 PM
Another thing that i have seen becoming more popular is the ricer trucks. Those are about the most ugly vehicular objects on the face of the earth. One thing that seems especially pointless it when they have a pickup and they cover the bed with fiberglass or whatever. What a waste of space.

kcnewell
01-30-03, 08:49 PM
Nissan FRONTIER! My vote for ugliest truck on the planet!

elwesso
01-30-03, 08:54 PM
You forgot 1 car, PONTIAC AZTECH. Even though it isnt a truck, it is the most ugly mode of transportation. I will have to agree that nissan frontier is pretty ugly.

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 09:00 PM
Way to tough to decide. too many ugly cars

elwesso
01-30-03, 09:03 PM
I agree. I have always hated alfa romeos. Their not bad cars, but i just cant stand that stupid front grille. But, you can always tell an alfa from miles away.

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 09:08 PM
pontiac vibe?

kcnewell
01-30-03, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry Wes, I didn't even think of the Asstec, I try NEVER to think of the Asstec 'cause it looks like Sh*t to me and it puts me in a bad mood to think that Pontiac a fine company that has Generally always made good cars could make a THING that looks like THAT!!!!! Knowuttamean??

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 09:15 PM
Fuggly! lol

kcnewell
01-30-03, 09:18 PM
Hey Wes, I do want to mention it to you......This is absolutely a great thread that you started......KUDOS to you DUDE MAN!!!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 09:26 PM
I agree this is a great thread

elwesso
01-30-03, 09:41 PM
I agree, pontiac makes great cars, and the asstech is a discrace to the name of cars. Actually, i would rather not call it a car, rather a mode of transportation. I would drive a yugo over that.

KC, thanks. I really didnt mean to, i just started it about the mfgs making too many SUVs and the it snowballed into this. Weve covered everything from SUVs, ricers (although that usually comes up in every thread), texas drivers, median off roading, DMV and more. Its incredible how 1 thing is said and it goes on a completely different tangent.

kcnewell
01-30-03, 10:07 PM
That's what I call a great general discussion forum.

elwesso
01-30-03, 10:12 PM
Yes, i was thinking about renaming it to "random thread, please reply with a random thought" b/c that is basically what it is.

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 10:14 PM
sounds good to me I see no reason for ever splitting up this thread because of its "General Discussion"

elwesso
01-30-03, 10:19 PM
Yes, and if we did, we wouldnt go on these crazy tangnets.

Anyone else got something to add????

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 10:21 PM
2 + 2 = 4

:D

kcnewell
01-30-03, 10:37 PM
Not in MY world!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 10:41 PM
some times mine too I love when I plan a project for a week then I come up short or long which ever.

about a year ago tried to put speakers in the door of my truck. Cut the home for the 6X9 put it in then went to roll the window down. DOH didn't make it very far before it hit. now i have a very large hole behind my door pannel and speakers behind the seats

kcnewell
01-30-03, 10:45 PM
I did that ONCE, In high school. learned THAT lesson fast!

Dead Sled
01-30-03, 10:48 PM
Lack of though has a tendency to hurt :banghead:

elwesso
01-31-03, 04:33 PM
Sometimes the most thought out plans seem to be less effective than doing it inpromtu.

BeelzeBob
01-31-03, 04:50 PM
SUV's will probably be replaced by wagons in the near future.. No, not those wall-paneled ones from years ago - but nice ones from BMW, Mercedes, Audi and - well - Cadillac.. Look for a CTS wagon in the future... Check the CTS section for details (though this may only be a rumor).

The fact is, SUV's are too damn big. Wait a minute. That's not a fact. That's just my opinion. BUT! I bet that's the opinion of lots of people..

The PROBLEM is - BIG cars these days are... SMALL! Take the DTS for example.. It's HOW much bigger than the Seville?!?! Exactly. Not enough...

Dead Sled
01-31-03, 05:15 PM
I like HiPo wagons if I had the money I'd get a Subaru WRX Wagon

elwesso
01-31-03, 05:15 PM
YES, SUVs are too big. But it is still good to have big ones, because they do serve an very good purpose, but most people dont buy them because of their purpose, they just wanna have an SUV (an ego thing?, most likely). For instance, my dad has a tahoe and is used for what it is designed for: Hauling lots of crap, towing, off-roading, hauling lots of people. Most people buy them just to look cool.

I agree that wagons will be the future. I am sure they can make really cool looking ones that people will want to "pimp" out like they do with escalades.

BeelzeBob
01-31-03, 05:40 PM
There have been some cool-looking wagons in the past.. Wasn't there a Chevelle wagon?

elwesso
01-31-03, 06:04 PM
yes there have been, and really there are now. But they are very few and far between

Dead Sled
01-31-03, 07:19 PM
I'd Love to have a '70 Chevelle SS wagon with LS6 454 rated at 450 horse ;) :D

kcnewell
01-31-03, 10:26 PM
I once had a '59 Olds wagon that I dropped a 455 into and lowered the car to the minimum I could get away with ( About 5" Clearance ) It was a VERY cool car! and you could get about 300 people in it!........OK, Not 300.....But it was big.

elwesso
01-31-03, 10:37 PM
very cool. I kinda like the BMW and MB wagons. Im not sure if i would buy one, but they look better than most wagons we think of (wood paneling)

Dead Sled
01-31-03, 10:40 PM
Vista Cruiser baby lol :D

elwesso
01-31-03, 10:43 PM
YEA

Dead Sled
01-31-03, 11:24 PM
http://www.middleyear911.com/miata/wrx.jpg

I know, I know its a ricer but its the only ricer I'd ever own

elwesso
02-01-03, 10:32 AM
If you had to go ricer, that would be the way to go. Is that supposed to be a wagon, because it doesnt really look like it is big enough to be a wagon.

kcnewell
02-01-03, 10:40 AM
If it had a sunroof....I could wear it as a shoe!

elwesso
02-01-03, 10:50 AM
http://www.us.trader.com/USTRoot/PhotoBase/Pubs/INDY/Individual/WHEELS/005103V.jpg

I know its off topic, but then again there really hasnt been a consistent topic. By the way KC, do you sit around all day and think of those "KC-isms". Hahahaha

kcnewell
02-01-03, 11:42 AM
No- I've been a wiseass for a long time....I've got a lot of material saved up!

elwesso
02-01-03, 11:46 AM
I see, i can relate to that :)

Dead Sled
02-01-03, 12:33 PM
the trucker in you is showing through :D

elwesso
02-01-03, 02:27 PM
It truly is, but not me, i am about the farthest thing from a trucker, i play golf

elwesso
02-01-03, 03:58 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cant think of 1 thing that bigger isnt better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A zit!

I got to thinking about that, and i figure that the bigger a zit is the easier it is to pop!

Mad'lac
02-01-03, 09:51 PM
I don't think I ever met a biker who wasn't a wiseass. Then again you'd have to be one seeing how all these jerks in their Rayban imitations always say "I didn't see you there" while cutting you off at 80 miles per hour.

elwesso
02-01-03, 09:53 PM
sounds kinda like texas drivers!!!!!

Anyway, i had a semi interesting experience (i didnt want to put this in the kill section, because it technically isnt a "kill"). I was in my GTP tonight, and right beside me was a GT at the stop light. There was a very hot passenger, so i assume she was with her boyfriend. I could tell he wanted to race, so i took him on. I let him get infront of me, then i let the supercharger do the work. I go racing by and then slow down. Now he thinks hes got what it takes, and he speeds up and passes me (not too fast). I would have kept going, but i had to turn off :( . I wouldnt have done it, but since there was a girl in the passenger, i was kinda forced to.

Mad'lac
02-01-03, 10:09 PM
Nah just the Yankees living down here. Too bad lynching is illegal :(

elwesso
02-01-03, 10:22 PM
Truly. Although, if it was legal, somehow the gay rights activists would get involved and make a lawsuit of it. It would definitely be different to go watch a lynch than the normal executions

Mad'lac
02-01-03, 10:28 PM
Everything is about lawsuit. I mean if I fart I could get sued you know!!!

elwesso
02-01-03, 10:34 PM
Yea. I heard some pretty wacky lawsuits. For instance, i heard that a mom sued another mom because her son sold $150 worth of pokemon cards to his best friend for $10, and wouldnt give it back. PIECES OF CARDBOARD FOR 150? You could get a new muffler for that price (well, almost)

kcnewell
02-01-03, 11:24 PM
Hey, I've got news for you guys.....I was a wiseass LONG before I was a trucker or a biker!

elwesso
02-01-03, 11:36 PM
Its one of those things that you inherit from someone and you have no idea where you got it.

kcnewell
02-01-03, 11:42 PM
My Dad never could figure it out....He said, He never even met anyone that was like I am. No one else in the family's like me......THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! I like to think that I just see things from a different perspective!

Possibly.....Outer Space! LOL!

elwesso
02-01-03, 11:44 PM
Theres always the sore thumb in the family, or in any situation.

Were you one of those kids in school that were mean to people for your own personal entertainment?

kcnewell
02-01-03, 11:57 PM
No....I was mean to the teachers and staff but I was always nice to other kids especially the ones nobody liked! I've always had a soft spot for the underdog...Not to say I wasn't a wiseguy to everybody that was around but I don't like bullies that pick on others 'cause they're weak or timid. I usually go after those types and put them down when I see them in action!

elwesso
02-02-03, 12:02 AM
Well thats good.

elwesso
02-02-03, 12:07 AM
THIS POST INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

THIS POST INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

elwesso
02-02-03, 12:07 AM
Sorry, just a little bored.

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 12:11 AM
oh ok as long as you admit it :D

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 12:12 AM
this place gets pretty lonely on the weekends donut?

elwesso
02-02-03, 12:18 AM
Yeah kinda. I dont really have a whole lot going on the weekends, especially when it is so cold.

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 12:34 AM
I didn't even go out side today, spent most of it in the shop

BeelzeBob
02-02-03, 08:19 AM
I don't get much time here on the weekends, unfortunately.. Once it starts getting really busy here during the week, it'll stay very busy on the weekends.. In fact, the weekends are usually the busiest time on my other forums...

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 03:24 PM
Thats good I really look foward to when this place really picks up

elwesso
02-02-03, 05:45 PM
Yeah. It has the potential to be the one stop place for cadillac stuff. What we really need is a person like cadillacdan on the GM website. maybe we can get him to come over here.

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 05:53 PM
that would be great we also need more calssic caddy owners here.. err classic cars not owners

Do what you have to do to get him here

muhahaha :D

elwesso
02-02-03, 05:55 PM
This post will self destruct in

<end of transmission>

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 07:35 PM
nah Its still here

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 07:36 PM
I'm begining to think your just padding your post count ;) :D

Devil_concours
02-02-03, 08:14 PM
i think the title needs to be changed to "Has the moderators gone too far?" :D

elwesso
02-02-03, 08:31 PM
har har, thats really funny. Im not trying to pad my post count (although i am subcousiously doing it), i am just bored, and i like to see how people react to stupid stuff. And this is pretty stupid.

kcnewell
02-02-03, 09:14 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder....... PRETTY Transparent if you ask me.

elwesso
02-02-03, 09:16 PM
so...............

Dead Sled
02-02-03, 09:54 PM
I think we have all lost it or are getting really close

Mad'lac
02-03-03, 01:36 AM
Not too close I hope!!!!!!!

Dead Sled
02-03-03, 02:09 AM
Insomniomniomnia its 1:00 am here and I cant sleep

Mad'lac
02-03-03, 03:30 AM
Take 4 shots of tequilla and you'll rest up just fine. Just avoid loud noises in the morning.

Dead Sled
02-03-03, 01:11 PM
well some how I got to sleep, but I didnt wake up till 11:30

elwesso
02-03-03, 06:56 PM
Little nyquil couldnt hurt either. But the tequilla is much more fun :D .

Dead Sled
02-03-03, 07:25 PM
sho is :D

elwesso
02-03-03, 07:36 PM
Is this thread heading where i think it is---- nowhere, or nowhere important.

Dead Sled
02-03-03, 07:50 PM
I think nowhere important but it was fun while it lasted

elwesso
02-03-03, 07:54 PM
This thread is officially over