: Need headlight assembly for a 2007 STS 4

komotose
11-11-10, 12:50 PM
I need a new headlight assembly for my 07 STS 4, I went to the dealership and they were talking about $700. (I need a cheaper route than this) I just bought this about 2 months ago and the headlight on the passenger side retains like 4-5 inches of water everytime it rains or I wash the car. Is there a quick fix to this? I drilled a small hole on the bottom of the light to release the water because it kept blowing my bulbs. Please help

8323matt
11-11-10, 02:07 PM
ooouch bad idea on drilling the hole! There are 2 breather caps on the back of the light assy. Im taking a for sure guess that the seal for one or both of the access covers are bad or are not seated properly cause there foam. I would check ebay there is a used auto company called LKQ there good to work with and really cheap. Also check used-parts.com, Remember you can get any STS light 2005-2010 and it will fit your application

If the lenses are not dirty on the inside or not so much that it doesnt bother you can fix the seals with any adhesive just remember though you may have to take it off again. When this happened to mine I removed the side acces hole to the light and put a shop vacuum on it and put towels around it to seal it and let it suck all the condensation and water out, then i used RTV silicone, cause im not going to go buy a foam gasket.

Hope this helps you, Ohh yah if your gonna use that light again make sure you fill those holes back in with an adhesive or some sort of product

BaTu
11-11-10, 03:28 PM
If there's no corrosion damage, you really can dry it out and fix it yourself. Silicone up the edges and it will stop that. You want to catch it early though before the water starts to ruin stuff.....

KRSTS
11-11-10, 05:27 PM
Is your car under warranty? If so dealer would have replaced it but I'm afraid you screwed the pooch by drilling holes:banghead:

EChas3
11-11-10, 10:16 PM
Sorry to echo the bad news but If you've got under 50,000 mile on the odometer, Cadillac would have fixed a known issue of 'excess condensation'. There's no cost to ask, even now...

There are some threads here that provide a handyman with fix instructions.

Replacement is spendy.

RippyPartsDept
11-11-10, 10:31 PM
i can cut you a deal on the new lamp... basically employee pricing

that is if you end up not being able to get it done under warranty... if you're a good customer ask about a goodwill replacement

Katmann
12-29-12, 05:53 PM
Hey chris, I have a 2005 sts and Im wanting to replACE the heaDLIGHT ASSEMBLIES. Due to the fact the bracket that hold them in place are snapped off or severed. So I was wondering what the price on that would be. I have the HID lamps and such just need the shell/assembly. Thank you in advance....you can reply here or to my personal email jdf52471@yahoo.com or call 214 991-7986. Thanx again. Jeff Fitzhugh

RippyPartsDept
12-31-12, 12:13 AM
Jeff, I can definitely help you out. I'll be out of the office tomorrow morning but in for the afternoon. I will need your VIN to look up the headlights to make sure we get the right parts.

also, it's not a good idea to post your email (and phone) online in public like this ... that's a sure fire way to get on spam lists
i suggest that you edit your post to remove that info

awright
06-16-14, 03:25 PM
I need a new headlight assembly for my 07 STS , I went to the dealership and they were talking about $700. (I need a cheaper route than this) The headlight on the driver side retains like 4-5 inches of water everytime it rains or I wash the car. Is there a quick fix to this? I drilled a small hole on the bottom of the light to release the water because it kept blowing my bulbs. Please help

Ludacrisvp
06-16-14, 06:33 PM
You _can_ drill a hole.... I wouldn't do it though.
eBay is where you will have to go or a salvage yard.
Assemblies are identical from 2005-2011 STS V and non V .... only change is if you have HID or not.