: Three keyfob's

dhstron
11-11-10, 11:37 AM
I own a 2007 Seville. I have purchased an additional key fob. It will unlock and lock the doors. It will not remote start the car. I have changed the battery. No change. Is there more I can do? The owner's manual says the system can take 4 keys. Can you help? DHS

SlickCityStan
11-11-10, 01:59 PM
Yes you can program up to four fobs but only 1 and 2 will have remote start capability

KRSTS
11-11-10, 02:05 PM
I own a 2007 Seville. I have purchased an additional key fob. It will unlock and lock the doors. It will not remote start the car. I have changed the battery. No change. Is there more I can do? The owner's manual says the system can take 4 keys. Can you help? DHS

What is a 2007 Seville?:hmm:

SlickCityStan
11-11-10, 07:38 PM
I own a 2007 Seville. I have purchased an additional key fob. It will unlock and lock the doors. It will not remote start the car. I have changed the battery. No change. Is there more I can do? The owner's manual says the system can take 4 keys. Can you help? DHSHave you gone through the reprogramming procedure that is in the Owner's manual? Fobs have to be recognized as #1 and #2 to have remote start.

EChas3
11-11-10, 08:45 PM
The 'trick' is start the matching procedure over from scratch with all fobs out of range. The manual's procedure is not as good as the one that's around here somewhere.........

Oh yeah. Try the sticky post that you see every visit! Just kidding - no seriously just kidding.

SlickCityStan
11-11-10, 08:53 PM
The 'trick' is start the matching procedure over from scratch with all fobs out of range. The manual's procedure is not as good as the one that's around here somewhere.........

Oh yeah. Try the sticky post that you see every visit! Just kidding - no seriously just kidding.not to dispute you EChas but I have used the exact procedure as outlined in my owner's manual with sucess.

EChas3
11-11-10, 11:41 PM
Glad you made it work.

I found the 2006 & 2007 manuals' procedure less than clear or I wouldn't have posted a lengthy thread about 20 months ago. (I had tried to match one fob with both cars & needed a full reset. Live, learn & share!)