: Ok another towing question

PreachRR
11-10-10, 07:35 PM
Ok was going to rent a pod to move the stuff I am keeping to my new location.. Tulsa OK from NY.. but for a 16 foot pod they want 2700.00 I have been looking around and found that I could buy a 16 foot trailer for 2800 to 3000.. but looking over the weight I might get to max 10K lbs and thats 2200 for trailer and then 7800 lbs max for my crap.. no more than that.. truck is still warrantied so will it make it is my question? I will be putting on a cat back an have a airaid Jr with a predator.. if that makes a difference.
thanks.. any tulsa natives?

StevieT
11-10-10, 08:32 PM
Call ABF for a quote http://www.upack.com/moving-quotes/quote.asp?NLOView=2

07maralade
11-10-10, 09:12 PM
Insurance issues with anything over rated!

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-11-10, 12:36 AM
I tow a 14ft fully loaded almost every day. Get an aftermarket inertia break controller. You won't have any problems. You will have to get an adjustable hitch cause these sit high compared to trailer hitches. I have one it is at an 8 1/2 inch drop just to get the trailer level. If the nose of the trailer is high expect it to walk back and forth making for a horrible experience. Get a V nose trailer as well. It pulls much nicer.

PreachRR
11-11-10, 01:02 AM
Call ABF for a quote http://www.upack.com/moving-quotes/quote.asp?NLOView=2

2300 bux trailer 3000 bux still probably the best way to go!

PreachRR
11-11-10, 01:03 AM
I tow a 14ft fully loaded almost every day. Get an aftermarket inertia break controller. You won't have any problems. You will have to get an adjustable hitch cause these sit high compared to trailer hitches. I have one it is at an 8 1/2 inch drop just to get the trailer level. If the nose of the trailer is high expect it to walk back and forth making for a horrible experience. Get a V nose trailer as well. It pulls much nicer.

are those brake controllers hard to install?

Murph1219
11-12-10, 01:26 AM
are those brake controllers hard to install?
Not at all. Couple of wires under the dash that just need a couple crimps to the controller harness. do yourself a favor and buy a prodigy.