: Is My Sunroof "Shade" Working Properly?

sube5186
11-10-10, 11:19 AM
I noticed something weird the other day and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon. The car was in "Park" with the engine running. The sunroof was fully closed, but the shade was completely open. I pressed the button to express close the sunroof "shade". While in the process of closing and approx. 3/4 closed, I turned the car off. The shade started to reverse for a fraction of a second and then stopped. I tried it a few more times and noticed that this happens whenever I turn the car off when the shade is closed halfway or more. If I turn the car off when the shade first starts to close, it closes completely as it should. With RAP (Retained Accessory Power), the shade should always close fully, even after the car is turned off.

Before I contact my service dept., can someone check theirs and see if it does this? Thanks!

Sube

TheCaptain
11-10-10, 04:02 PM
My question is, why did you want to close the shade on this beautiful sunroof? ;)

I'll see if mine does anything...

sube5186
11-10-10, 09:13 PM
My question is, why did you want to close the shade on this beautiful sunroof? ;)

Truth is, I only close it when I park the car in the sun. Don't want to fade the interior prematurely. It's almost always open while driving. :bouncy:

Sube

Cad96k
11-11-10, 01:15 PM
I tried to re-create your situation. With car running I started closing the sunshade. Halfway through I hit the ignition button. The shade paused for maybe a fraction of a second (hardly noticeable), but kept on going on reserve power until it was fully closed. And I agree, I also close the sunshade when the car will be parked for a long period of time.

sube5186
11-11-10, 05:33 PM
I tried to re-create your situation. With car running I started closing the sunshade. Halfway through I hit the ignition button. The shade paused for maybe a fraction of a second (hardly noticeable), but kept on going on reserve power until it was fully closed. And I agree, I also close the sunshade when the car will be parked for a long period of time.

Just as I suspected. What mine is doing is NOT normal. Thanks for checking.

Sube