: Break biasing on 09 AWD?

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-09-10, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know how our breaks are biased (front / rear)?

Do they automatically change when towing in tow mode and using a break controller?

54k and my rears are shot and fronts still have life left. I do tow allot but never wore breakscon the rear first.

Big Windy Ext
11-10-10, 07:23 AM
My rear brakes were done at 40,000 miles . More than likely it is from the traction control , whenever the tires start to spin , brakes are applied to the slipping wheel , guess what wheels usually spin Get the lead out of your foot ! My Vette went through the rears in 12,000 miles. It doesn't help that the rears are smaller pads .Sorry I didn't answer your bias question , maybe this explanation will help .

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-10-10, 11:29 AM
Ya, you might be right! I do like the feeling of agressive acceleration. With the GM performance intake I also like to hear the intake growl at WOT. So you are probably dead on as to why they went before the fronts. Plus you are right the rears are WAY smaller than the front. Maybe they designed them that way so both front and rear have to be done at the same time. At least that is what I am doing.

Nice Ride
04-13-12, 09:41 PM
Don't know what the split is but were the inner and outer pads equally worn? If not, you may have a sticking caliper, or caliper pins.