: Captain Chairs in Rear?

jcolliga40
11-09-10, 08:20 PM
Has anyone tried this idea? I was bored and wondering what i can to to personalize the back seat. I was thinking if I can get two front passenger seats out of another brougham and removeing the back part. The only hard part would be trying to figure out what to put inbetween the seats. I wouldn't minf finding two blue captain chairs with arms rests on both side. Im just curious to see if anyone has done this. I imagine so, if so are there any pictures?

cooncat
11-09-10, 08:38 PM
This broken down old man says to don't do it. You will only ruin the interior of the car. The seats are wonderful in those cars.

jcolliga40
11-09-10, 09:09 PM
ya they are but im just curious if anyone has done it before and what they would look like. I would definatly keep all the original interior in case i didnt like it.

sven914
11-09-10, 09:42 PM
Bolting them in might pose a problem. The floor isn't flat under the rear seat, so you have to contend with the axle hump. Probably the only way to do it would be to strip the entire frame off the chairs and find some way to anchor them by drilling holes in the floor.

CBodyFan
11-09-10, 10:25 PM
A good upholsterer could replicate the four seat interior from the 1974 Fleetwood Talismanů.now that was a luxury car!

albymangled
11-09-10, 10:37 PM
And if you really like Captain's chairs perhaps this site can help

http://www.toyota.com.au/tarago/features/interior

http://www.toyota.com.au/TWR/content/static/82870.jpg

CBodyFan
11-09-10, 10:41 PM
A modern minivan interior doesn't really have that classic luxury feel. Sorry, no. Certainly doesn't. Sterile. Looks like something that would brag about being able to be cleaned out with a garden hose. Just hose her down and go. In fact a rhino pickup bed liner is more comfy looking.

albymangled
11-10-10, 03:40 AM
A modern minivan interior doesn't really have that classic luxury feel. Sorry, no. Certainly doesn't. Sterile. Looks like something that would brag about being able to be cleaned out with a garden hose. Just hose her down and go. In fact a rhino pickup bed liner is more comfy looking.

exactly...the minivan is about as desirable as captains chairs in a Fleetwood.....barrrff.... :ack:

csbuckn
11-10-10, 08:55 AM
You can find out how to put captain chairs in the back over at the lowrider forums. They do it all the time and should be able to give you a good idea as to what your into. They sell them like crazy at layitlow. I figure it can't be too hard if your handy.

jcolliga40
11-10-10, 07:17 PM
I just think it would add another personal touch to the car. Ya I am a little handy I put two captain chairs in my truck that had a bench seat. I dont think it would look bad if I got the flow down well and used something to cover the gaps if there were any. I will give it a shot this winter and see what happens if I dont like it I will just swap back. But first thing is first. Have to put a new motor in her. I had seen a cadillac limo with small captain chairs. I have pictures of it on my phone. It was a black body with a felt red interior.

Stingroo
11-10-10, 07:28 PM
I think it'd be awesome, honestly.

It would definitely enhance that personal luxury feel. You could get a center console of some sort and cover it in the same fabric as the seats and be in business. :cloud9:

brougham
11-12-10, 08:09 PM
It could be kinda interesting if you could do it and finish off the back to make it look like the seats weren't just thrown in there and it all matches the look of the rest of the interior.

jcolliga40
11-13-10, 08:04 PM
Ya that's what I was thinking it would have to blend with the rest of the interior. There is a Guy a few towns over that does really good jobs when it comes to interiors and different fabrics.