: G Spot

2010sled
11-09-10, 05:11 PM
Do any of you know what the SRX will do on G Meter ::bonkers:

bobarry
11-09-10, 05:24 PM
I thought about building a computer/accelerometer to see what my Sky does on takeoff and tight curves. Checking with a mechanical engineer indicated not much would be measured (about 1.4 g's).

Then I read a complete review of a new sports car and they had all the various g-forces listed. I don't recall any being over 1.4-1.6, so I gave up on the building and just enjoy slinging my Sky around the tight curves.

I doubt if the SRX will give much thrill on the curves (or straightaway).

Bo

2010sled
11-09-10, 06:10 PM
Who said any thing about a sky. The SRX is so much differrt not even close. I have active suspenion 20" wheels The list goes on and on a sky it is not

Cooper10
11-09-10, 06:17 PM
Car and Driver Road Test Test Sheet dated 6/18/09
2010 SRX AWD 3.0l with Michelin Latitude Touring Tires P235/55/R20 with 35psi tire pressure

skidpad- .80G -Excessive Understeer

bobarry
11-09-10, 06:49 PM
Who said any thing about a sky. The SRX is so much differrt not even close. I have active suspenion 20" wheels The list goes on and on a sky it is not

I was talking about G's. And with plans to measure them in a car that can do some G's.

Love my new SRX but it won't do 0-60 in 5.2sec or beat a big Mustang in 1/4 mile.

Bo

Ponyman
11-10-10, 08:05 AM
Once again Sled manages to P**s everyone off with her know it all attitude. Hard to believe she hasn't gotten her third red flag already and the boot from this forum. Who cares what the G's are. If I cared about such things,I would buy a car that really can show some performance. The SRX is a very stylish cruiser, and grocery getter.

2010sled
11-11-10, 02:12 PM
ponyman i'm soory if i ruffled your feathers. but i don' t see where i made any bad commentts

Smokin' SRX
11-17-10, 08:26 PM
Sled, either way, I respect you for apologizing. Wish more here were willing to step up and say their approach was not intended to insult, but rather clarify/pinpoint Pony, you gettin thin-skinned on me? I think more of you than that..........

back to thread, yes, few car mags did the "G" test on the SRX. Held OK considering mass. I find my AWD quite good......for an SUV/wagon body. I recall it beat out the softer riding Lexus 350! But not in 1-60MPH :-( You can Google it!

Peace

SS