: Set the clock back an hour.....then it goes back to original time!

MarioA
11-09-10, 04:06 PM
Just had daylight savings time shift over the weekend.

Set the analog clock - no problem.
Set the digital clock - problem. For some reason after a period of time, not sure if its engine start/stop cycles or time period, it reverts back to original time!

:hmm:

TheCaptain
11-09-10, 05:31 PM
Do you have the DST button on or off under Config?

sube5186
11-10-10, 11:49 AM
Do you have the DST button on or off under Config?

Capt, I don't have a DST option in my Config Menu. That must be something only Canadian versions have.

Sube

MarioA
11-11-10, 10:14 AM
Hmmm - I have a Canadian SRX - but I dont see the option? Where are you seeing that DST option Captain?http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70051&stc=1&d=1289484839

stevec5375
11-11-10, 03:06 PM
From Page 4-11 of the manual. Perhaps this is it?

Setting the Auto Time Adjust
1. Press the CONFIG button.
2. Select Time and Date Settings.
3. Highlight Auto Time Adjust.
4. Press the MENU/SELECT knob
to turn Auto Time Adjust on
or off.

Hmm... I couldn't find this "Auto Time Adjust" in the menus. Wonder if it's changed via a software update or I'm just blind?

I know. We should ask GMJim. After all he does work for GM. Where is this menu option GMJim?

Srevi
11-11-10, 07:31 PM
Just had daylight savings time shift over the weekend.

Set the analog clock - no problem.
Set the digital clock - problem. For some reason after a period of time, not sure if its engine start/stop cycles or time period, it reverts back to original time!

:hmm:

Same problem here! Was in the shop and the dealer team recreated the problem and they said they are getting a lot of calls. I couldn't wait so I took the car back and will assume a tsb will be issued for this obvious dst problem. For the moment I turned off the digital clock in the config menu so I won't be aggravated daily.

Ponyman
11-11-10, 07:37 PM
Ours reset, so it must not be all the cars. Probably just the ones that Stevec5375 had anything to do with the programming on. I am sure they will get it fixed, just a hasle to have to take it in.

stevec5375
11-11-10, 07:38 PM
Ours reset, so it must not be all the cars. Probably just the ones that Stevec5375 had anything to do with the programming on. I am sure they will get it fixed, just a hasle to have to take it in.

Oh Pony! You flatter me. It was my Indian replacement that did that code. Sorry!

TheCaptain
11-11-10, 11:38 PM
From Page 4-11 of the manual. Perhaps this is it?

Setting the Auto Time Adjust
1. Press the CONFIG button.
2. Select Time and Date Settings.
3. Highlight Auto Time Adjust.
4. Press the MENU/SELECT knob
to turn Auto Time Adjust on
or off.

Hmm... I couldn't find this "Auto Time Adjust" in the menus. Wonder if it's changed via a software update or I'm just blind?

I know. We should ask GMJim. After all he does work for GM. Where is this menu option GMJim?

Yea sorry Mario, Sube... i just remembered reading it in the manual. I couldn't actually find a button. :bang2:

MarioA
11-12-10, 10:33 AM
This can't be true....

Tech Strike one - doesn't synch cell contacts with internal phone system
Tech Strike two - Onstar iPhone app doesnt work on 2010
Tech Strike three - setting the clock is rocket science!

Sheesh!

(Lucky that she is sharp looking and that Turbo kicks a$$ -:yup: )

sube5186
11-12-10, 10:55 AM
Sube... i just remembered reading it in the manual. I couldn't actually find a button. :bang2:

Yeah, that may be one of those things they planned to have, but never made it to production. Same thing with the Zune compatibility. It's mentioned in the manual, but doesn't work in reality.

Sube

Chardo
11-12-10, 02:11 PM
I had the exact same problem last spring. Dealer could not fix it, so they actually replaced the entire radio/nav unit. This past daylight savings change worked with no problem.

dtnproman
11-19-10, 12:29 AM
Did you find a solution to the clock problem MarioA? I have the same problem with my 2010 SRX. Set the clock back an hour...then it goes back to original time.

dtnproman
11-19-10, 09:26 PM
Talked to the service manager at my Cadillac dealership today about this issue and he said that there is some GM software that will have to be installed to correct the problem.

stevec5375
11-20-10, 08:58 AM
I dream of the day when the software on these cars can automatically update like a Windows machine via a download from OnStar. I'm so tired of hearing about all these software fixes and wondering which ones I don't have. As I see it, it's only a matter of time before you run into a problem and it's back to the dealer. I guess they're hoping that the more trips you make to the dealer the greater the chances you might spend some money while you're there.

sube5186
11-20-10, 10:20 AM
I dream of the day when the software on these cars can automatically update like a Windows machine via a download from OnStar. I'm so tired of hearing about all these software fixes and wondering which ones I don't have. As I see it, it's only a matter of time before you run into a problem and it's back to the dealer. I guess they're hoping that the more trips you make to the dealer the greater the chances you might spend some money while you're there.

Keep on dreaming. Your car won't update automatically, but they sure as hell could let us do it ourselves. My wife has a 2011 Ford Edge with MySync and you can download software updates online and install them yourself via the USB port. I already did it and it went through without a hitch. Apparently, GM doesn't trust owners to update their own cars. According to the GM TechLink website, technicians can now update the SRX's software via the USB port. It's supposedly much quicker too. Only a few months ago they had to hook the car up to a computer to do this. Why they won't let us perform software updates is beyond me. The money GM spends in wasted man hours could be reduced significantly. Instead, they just pass the cost off to us, the consumer.

Sube

stevec5375
11-20-10, 12:01 PM
It sure would be nice if the known bugs were posted so that everyone could see if a problem they're having is already fixed via a software update. Instead, we have to get on this forum and cross your fingers that someone else has already had the problem and gotten a patch for it that they can tell you about.

dtnproman
12-17-10, 06:47 PM
Well, the dealer installed the software that they said would correct the problem and it did not. Now they have ordered a replacement radio unit. At least they delivered a 2011 SRX to my house and picked up my 2010 where they are keeping it until the unit arrives and they install it.

sube5186
12-17-10, 07:16 PM
Well, the dealer installed the software that they said would correct the problem and it did not. Now they have ordered a replacement radio unit. At least they delivered a 2011 SRX to my house and picked up my 2010 where they are keeping it until the unit arrives and they install it.

Hope you didn't have too much music on your HDD. I'd have to re-download about 1,200 songs if that happened. Oh well, at least it should be fixed for good this time.

Sube

dtnproman
12-21-10, 11:07 PM
Got my SRX back today. The clock works now since they replaced the radio unit, but it did wipe out all the music I had saved to the hard drive. Tonight I was driving around looking at Christmas lights when the right low beam headlight went out and the message about it poped up. I turned my lights off and then back on and it came back on the second time I did that. I hope it stays on now. If not, back to the shop!

VXGurl
03-21-11, 03:22 AM
Forgive me if there is a newer thread about this that I missed.

We have attempted to change the digital time to reflect DST. With each new start up it reverts to the old time. I remember the last time we went through this the clock finally corrected and stuck to the correct time after a few days.

It's going on a week now. I cant be the only one going through this- am I?

TexasGirl
03-21-11, 05:32 PM
No, you are not the only one! My 2010 SRX is currently in the shop for this very reason. I had issues back in November after the time change and they had to fix it then, too. All they came up with then was to update the software. Ever since then, my radio, cd, nav system has been strange -- random periods of sticking to nav or an XM station every time I turned my car on. Not happy at all. My service person called to tell me that another SRX came in on Friday with the same issues. I can't wait to see if mine really gets fixed this time.

RODE
03-22-11, 11:23 AM
I have a 2010 Terrain with Nav which is the same system in the SRX. I had the problem last fall with time change, took it in, it got worse. Time would be different every time I started the vehicle. Also had radio stations change and nav destination would disappear when I stopped for 15 minutes. I took it back to dealer and they did a fix but it came back with the time change again. This time they replaced the system and all is now okay. Had to also replace music.

sube5186
03-22-11, 04:26 PM
I took it back to dealer and they did a fix but it came back with the time change again. This time they replaced the system and all is now okay. Had to also replace music.

That's been the standard procedure. Software update first. If that doesn't fix it they replace the radio.

Sube

riff
03-22-11, 08:57 PM
Just had the same issue addressed on my 2010 SRX. The radio was reprogrammed as per a bulletin, so it's definitely a known issue. It's been fine the 2 days I've had it back.

PhilWalch
11-13-11, 11:53 AM
I have exactly the same problem and don't have an answer. My owner's manual does not match the actual features that I have.

racingf1
11-17-11, 10:08 AM
Odd thing about this problem; It worked just fine until they did stuff to vehicle during last recall.

stevec5375
11-17-11, 06:20 PM
Y'all be sure to rush right out and buy a new Caddy that has that new CUE system on it. It will be a Beta testers delight! :)

TheCaptain
11-17-11, 08:46 PM
I don't know, i think that CUE should fly. Unlike another Manufacturer's electronic delight of an operation... :D

MacMuse
11-17-11, 11:58 PM
A manager where I work had a Ford with the first generation Sync "technology" by Microsoft.

It got so bad that his radio would stop working while he was driving. To reactivate the radio he had to stop the car, shut off the engine, and start it again.

That's right. His radio "blue-screened" and he to reboot his car to bring it back on-line.

The next few years will be quite interesting as car makers really start escalating the infotainment wars. Hope not too many lives are lost as drivers struggle with overly complex or overly dysfunctional systems.

MLEO
11-19-11, 02:30 AM
I had the same issue on my SRX, the dealer replaced my Nav unit and it worked, told me that this was an issue on all SRX's built before May of 2010. I also had an issue with the remote start option as you should have been able to program how you would like the vehicle to start...eg. auto start with the heated seats on, defrost on etc....that was fixed with the change as well in case you have that problem as well.

BKbroiler61
11-23-11, 02:34 PM
The digital clock in my wife's '11 SRX would not hold the time change back to standard time. The dealer basically removed and reinstalled a fuse. Good so far, about a week.

bhellow
01-08-12, 08:05 PM
The digital clock in my wife's '11 SRX would not hold the time change back to standard time. The dealer basically removed and reinstalled a fuse. Good so far, about a week.

We went through software updates to get clock and stored nav locations in order. It lasted until nov 1 when we went back to daylight savings. Now we set clock back and when starting the car it reverts back to one hour ahead.

Avenger9
01-08-12, 10:15 PM
Time for the next software update! Apparently U415 is the latest and greatest map database version. Unfortunately, my clock is stubborn and despite the upgrade to U415 - it resets itself to an hour ahead.

We went through software updates to get clock and stored nav locations in order. It lasted until nov 1 when we went back to daylight savings. Now we set clock back and when starting the car it reverts back to one hour ahead.

johnson622
09-18-12, 08:54 PM
I had my 2010 SRX in for the fix. Took a technician 2 hours to get it to stay on the right time. However, my temperature display next to it disappeared! There are no settings for the temperature on the config button. It is in the shop 2 days and counting as they have to have Cadillac "tunnel in" like a computer to find it. Amazing!

Turbo Dude
09-19-12, 09:35 PM
I had my 2010 SRX in for the fix. Took a technician 2 hours to get it to stay on the right time. However, my temperature display next to it disappeared! There are no settings for the temperature on the config button. It is in the shop 2 days and counting as they have to have Cadillac "tunnel in" like a computer to find it. Amazing!

I had the software update back in April and mine is working as it should. Have the dealer do the update. U415C I believe

johnson622
09-21-12, 04:14 PM
Thanks Turbo! They fixed it and all is well!;)

Turbo Dude
09-21-12, 06:13 PM
Thanks Turbo! They fixed it and all is well!;)

No Problem. Glad it worked out for you.