: Legos Rule

Stoneage_Caddy
09-18-04, 07:33 PM
Ive been in a bad funk lately .....

I went into toys are us today and thought to myself "i need a toy"

So i bought a 68 dollar set , of a ferarri F1 car shumacher drove last year ...

I forgot how great it was being a kid ..... Chassis is almost done ....700 peices to go ....

Anyone else revert back to being a kid to get rid of stress ? :drinker

First time ive drank beer and done legos tho , should be interesting

Ralph
09-18-04, 08:02 PM
I still do a Revell musclecar once in a while. It's fun painting all the pieces and watching it come to life. Ahhh, now to build a time machine to get one actual size.

I still play PS2 and my Mom probably thinks I haven't grown up yet. :shhh: Can't say I blame her but dammit, it's fun! Those racing games are realistic! Gotta have something for stress.

I was never into legos, I was into "dinky cars" though as a kid. (another name for Hotwheels)

Stoneage_Caddy
09-18-04, 08:55 PM
yah got the ps2 , but thats getting old to me

as for hotwheels , ive got around a thousand of them , still in there boxes

legos were my thing when i was a kid , im probably the only kid that ever loved legos and didnt want to become an engineer

tru504187211
09-18-04, 09:09 PM
Yea, I loved legos, and played with them about 2 months ago. It wasn't building cars or anything, I usually build forts and the like for those English sailor guys that battle the pirates -- then, they battle! :devil:

c5 rv
09-18-04, 09:24 PM
One winter break in college, I was house sitting for my sister and found her son's big box of Legos. I kept myself entertained for a couple days.

illumina
09-18-04, 09:26 PM
i just build castles and shit. yeah, even at X years old, i still break my childhood collection out and clean them up. i just built dracula's castle... :batty: .

CoupeDevilleRob
09-18-04, 10:09 PM
Legos rock, I had an entire city at one point.

A few years back on winter break I broke out the Lionel trains. It was awesome, especially when the crappy wire I used on the transformer melted and set the rug on fire. It was like I was nine all over again!!

Stoneage_Caddy
09-18-04, 10:23 PM
thats good stuff there ..

Working ont he engine now , its a replica of the v10 int he f1 car , after i got the crank done i find that its a v10 that revs to over 19k but only has two main bearings , something tells me this isnt a EXACT replica

when im done im takeing the engine back out and hooking it to my dremel and see how fast i can spin it before i break the crank

majax
09-18-04, 10:44 PM
I havent played with them in like 8 years but like CoupeDevilleRob I built cities. Mostly i built just plain houses and stuff. Then when I was done with legos i built a whole town on the side of my old house out of balsa wood and bark and plywood, it was kinda cool.

tru504187211
09-18-04, 11:01 PM
A few years back on winter break I broke out the Lionel trains. It was awesome, especially when the crappy wire I used on the transformer melted and set the rug on fire. It was like I was nine all over again!!

Hell yea man...my uncle had an entire room setup of Lionel trains coomplete with the bridges, houses, people, street lamps and automated Lionel gates and the works, BUT he lost interest and never bothered to pick them up at the old house, so I've been setting it up in the new (just not older than the old house) house. Sooo much you can do with them with a little electrical knowledge.

brougham
09-19-04, 01:26 AM
legos are one of my favourite toys and duplo! I even had the lego suitcase. I still have them. Staylock bricks were fun too :banana:

Ralph
09-19-04, 04:30 AM
legos are one of my favourite toys and duplo! I even had the lego suitcase. I still have them. Staylock bricks were fun too :banana:

Hey Mike, did you ever have an "Aurora" electric race car slot set? I think it was an Ontario company and it was a lot of fun. I even had the tower that held batteries and made engine sounds when you revved the controller, etc. A lot of parts had to be changed on those cars (like the shoes that contacted the metal on the track) and we got to know every part by fixing them. Go to fast on a curve, you jump the track. :D

Elvis
09-19-04, 12:35 PM
About four years ago I spent a month on eBay recreating my long lost Matchbox collection. I bought about three dozen 1968 Matchbox/Lesney cars and trucks. I still don't remember why I gave all that stuff away.

orange
09-19-04, 12:49 PM
i'm sittin here.. nearly 21 and have about 11 models un made behind me lol... i have almost all the popular game consoles STILL (yes the old NES is still hooked up to the tv)

but shit.. its great fun.. lol

brougham
09-19-04, 02:28 PM
Hey Mike, did you ever have an "Aurora" electric race car slot set? I think it was an Ontario company and it was a lot of fun. I even had the tower that held batteries and made engine sounds when you revved the controller, etc. A lot of parts had to be changed on those cars (like the shoes that contacted the metal on the track) and we got to know every part by fixing them. Go to fast on a curve, you jump the track. :D

Never had that one but it sounds neat! We had a Scalectric slot car set that my dad had when he was a kid and I had a Tyco set with a ton of different cars. The track would wear out the metal things on them too and you had to change them sometimes. And they also jumped off the track around curves! When they didn't a lot of the time you could see the back end slide sideways. One of the cars I had lightup headlights. It was heavier then the other cars and never got off the track as much.

Caddy Man
09-19-04, 03:27 PM
legos have gotten stupid now...i remeber when i was a kid, they had all kinds of sets, Medieval, city, futuristic space, now they make very limited ones. I used to love the city ones, i had a hosptial, police station, train, i had a whole city i put together. I went to the toy store the other day, legos have gotten pretty stupid now, they dont make as many as they used to.

FLSurf420
09-19-04, 08:32 PM
type in legos.com instead of lego.com, and they give some long speech about the company name. little kids probably still go on that site, and dont know how to spell. i know id feel pretty bad if i was 8. lol

barge master
09-19-04, 09:18 PM
Playing with silly toys big and small is what being a guy is all about for chrissakes. That's why I have a yard full of junk and and still watch cartoons. Growing up any more than necessary is just a faster ticket to growing old. Besides, when you're dead nobody will care anyway.

Ralph
09-19-04, 09:27 PM
Playing with silly toys big and small is what being a guy is all about for chrissakes. That's why I have a yard full of junk and and still watch cartoons. Growing up any more than necessary is just a faster ticket to growing old. Besides, when you're dead nobody will care anyway.

I like your philosophy Barge. ;)

CadiJeff
09-19-04, 10:37 PM
Legos rock, I had an entire city at one point.

Yes at 24 I still on occasion play w/ legos hell my dad is 57 and he is constantly changing his lionel train layout in my old room (he couldn't wait for me to move out). The layout takes up 2/3 of my old room. though (due to a smaller house) it is only 1/10 the size of his old one.

T_Dogg8
09-20-04, 09:05 AM
Hell yea man...my uncle had an entire room setup of Lionel trains coomplete with the bridges, houses, people, street lamps and automated Lionel gates and the works, BUT he lost interest and never bothered to pick them up at the old house, so I've been setting it up in the new (just not older than the old house) house. Sooo much you can do with them with a little electrical knowledge.
ah man. i'd love to have that. i love trains and use to love setting up my tracks as a kid. i want to have a good indoor/outdoor display when i get a nice house.

i still go to toys r us sometimes. it's dangerous now. i still have the same urges, but now i have plastic :) love legos. all this talk is making me get the urge again :)

barge master
09-20-04, 09:15 PM
Now that the fall breezes are in the air, I'm gonna make a kite and fly it. I haven't had one since I was about ten. Some guys had a show of them at the beach a while back. Some were so big, they had to be tethered to cars or they would take you away!!!