: 2010 Premium 'ride' VS Platinum 'ride'

SHOWGIRL
11-08-10, 08:13 AM
Just curious -- we're finding the Premium ride to be wonderful, cushy/smooth, quiet & comfortable.
What are we 'missing' by not having the Plantinum (not features) 'ride' ... does it become more 'stiff'/sports-like as you gain speed due to the 'magnetic ride control" + 18'' tires? ...does one feel a huge difference ? Thanks in advance ! SG

Superjim
11-08-10, 08:31 AM
Just curious -- we're finding the Premium ride to be wonderful, cushy/smooth, quiet & comfortable.
What are we 'missing' by not having the Plantinum (not features) 'ride' ... does it become more 'stiff'/sports-like as you gain speed due to the 'magnetic ride control" + 18'' tires? ...does one feel a huge difference ? Thanks in advance ! SG

This is just my opinion.
I "DO" have the Magnetic Ride and I wouldn't have anything else.
I drive a little faster and more SPIRITED than the average Cadillac driver.
I have driven several DTS's without the Magnetic Ride in the last few years when my car was in for service.

They ride way too "FLOATY" and "JIGGLY" for me and there is way too much body motion for me to like them.
The ones with the Magnetic Ride are a lot more PLANTED to the road and give a much more SOLID feel to high speed cruising.

If you don't do any "HIGH SPEED CRUISING" or taking curves a little faster then normal...the ones without Magnetic Ride would probably be fine.

If it is at all possible...drive one with Magnetic Ride and one without Magnetic Ride...back to back... over the same roads.
Push 'em just a tad, and you will immediately feel the difference..:)

Texas Jim