: Rear Drivers Side Door Noise

rbu1
11-08-10, 07:10 AM
Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but figured its worth a shot....

When you shut the rear drivers side door it makes this weird noise. Kinda like a metal to metal sqeak sound. I checked everything out and nothing is hitting. When you shut the door slow and push it to shut it the sound does not happen. I was thinking it was something in the door latch mechanism but not sure.....Should I just squirt some WD40 all around the latching mechanism???

cadmanchris
11-09-10, 09:56 PM
Check the striker for play. I've seen these with play causing all sorts of rattles and weird noises.

capnjohn
11-11-10, 01:15 PM
I had this problem on my ' 09....a small rattle inside door. seemed to be coming from the back door on drivers side. turned out that the seatbelt mechanism was rattling in door. It took 4 trips back and forth until the service manager finally figured it out!

rbu1
11-14-10, 08:42 PM
Its not a rattle. Its almost like a squeak...and only when you shut the door with a little force. If you shut it softly it doesnt make the sould.....Kinda has me baffled.

Wes2
11-15-10, 12:19 AM
Have you checked the roller (by the hinges)that controls the door when you open and close it? If that's it, just put a little grease on the roller should take care of the problem.
Wes