: DTS 'pinstripping' ..anyone aftermarket it ?

SHOWGIRL
11-07-10, 06:41 PM
Would pinstripping a DTS ruin the 'line' of the car - is it not 'made' to have one since it's not a 'sports' model?
How about the dealer doing it ? any suggestions on colors for the stripe: White diamond exterior, grey interior ...Thanks for any opinions ......:highfive:

HartfordGuy
11-07-10, 06:48 PM
My Black DTS has a light grey pinstripe to match the interior.

SHOWGIRL
11-07-10, 06:53 PM
Would pinstripping a DTS ruin the 'line' of the car - is it not 'made' to have one since it's not a 'sports' model?
How about the dealer doing it ? any suggestions on colors for the stripe: White diamond exterior, grey interior ...Thanks for any opinions ......:highfive:
Hi - that is gorgeous !!! my husband's correct ! it 'does' add 'personality' !!I can see that now .
i suggested he get grey to match the interior. was yours done from the factory? Enjoy !

HartfordGuy
11-07-10, 07:03 PM
Hi - that is gorgeous !!! my husband's correct ! it 'does' add 'personality' !!I can see that now .
i suggested he get grey to match the interior. was yours done from the factory? Enjoy !

It's not listed on the original window sticker, so I am thinking the dealer added it.

SHOWGIRL
11-07-10, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=HartfordGuy;2410799]It's not listed on the original window sticker, so I am thinking the dealer added it.[/QUOTED
=========================
I'm assuming dealers have the ability to do this - thanks for your input !! :yup:

Superjim
11-07-10, 08:34 PM

Showgirl,

Here is a link to a picture of mine.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2012/59743-dts-owners-show-us-your-ride-3.html

It is 2006 While Lightning with tan interior.
I had a light gold/tan pinstripe put on mine.
I think it looks pretty good.
I don't think it messes up the lines at all.

Texas Jim

RippyPartsDept
11-07-10, 09:08 PM
Showgirl,

Here is a link to a picture of mine.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2012/34980d1188815857-dts-owners-show-us-your-ride-p1010035.jpg

It is 2006 While Lightning with tan interior.
I had a light gold/tan pinstripe put on mine.
I think it looks pretty good.
I don't think it messes up the lines at all.

Texas Jim

added the image for you so people don't have to scroll to find your post in that huge thread... even though it's only 31 posts in

billdaman
11-08-10, 07:11 PM
My wife saw a white DTS with gold pinstriping and is now after me to add them to my white 2006. Good girl!

SHOWGIRL
11-18-10, 06:11 AM
HELLO TO YOU ALL ! many thanks for all your great input - we had the pinstriping done and we're very pleased ... the car is white-diamond , grey leather interior - we went with lite silver/medum grey (two) combo ...it looks great...this is our first DTS and love the ride, roominess and comfort. :thumbsup:

HartfordGuy
11-18-10, 06:24 AM
Excellent! Be sure to post a pic of it with the new striping.

SHOWGIRL
11-18-10, 06:43 AM
Excellent! Be sure to post a pic of it with the new striping.
-------------------
don't know how to do this - while i'm 'computer-comfortable' - i'm no Bill Gates technically ...can you give directions ? thanks for your kind words .. i posted another question about trying to get used to a FWD car !! we've only driven RWD all our lives ...we've only owned it about a week now & it feels somewhat 'strange' (the 'handling') - LOL SG

RippyPartsDept
11-18-10, 10:20 AM
so first you need to upload it from you pc to a site like flickr or imageshack or photobucket

once you've done that you need the 'direct link' to the image which can usually be had by right clicking on the image
sometimes the website you uploaded it to will offer you the direct link after you upload it (i know imageshack does)

once you have the direct link you can paste it into the insert image pop up
(all that does is add the IMG tags around your link, which you could do yourself, but it's easier to use the insert image pop up)

hope that helps,
chris