: 2005 escalade esv - Sunroof leaks. Need advice!

gerwin
11-07-10, 06:01 PM
So I was going through the car wash, and all of a sudden water started dripping from the overhead heater console unit. (I live in Vegas, so we don't see much rain) Seems water is coming through the sunroof and running down into this unit before dripping.

Anyone know where to get a new seal, and how much it costs? I called the Cadillac dealer and his response was it shouldn't leak, is it aftermarket? I said no, its stock, and he didn't have an answer. Great help, Cadillac service advisors are more retarded them BMW ones.:bomb::banghead::cookoo:

Thanks in advance for any help!!!:o

sk7
11-07-10, 08:48 PM
I've had to mess with my sunroof assembly for a few months while fixing the roof of my truck. My guess would be that one (or more) of the drains (theres 4 of em) are blocked and the tray fills up and spills onto the headliner. With glasspanel open you should be able to see the tray and the two front drain. Is it full of water already? Use a pitcher (empty the beer outta there first, no instructions needed here...) and slowly fill the tray and see if it empties itself. The rear drains are a bit of a pain to get to. Headliner need to come off. If they are blocked you might be able to get by using a clothes hanger and unblock it. I still have my old assembly I can take pics of for reference. Keep us posted.

GaExt
01-28-11, 05:58 AM
sk7 do you still have the pic of the frame rail or your assembly of the drain for the sunroof.I am having a little issue of leaking from my sunroof into the inside.I saw this post and though i give it a shot for any answer

sk7
01-28-11, 10:08 PM
Yep the old sunroof assembly frame rail is sitting in the attic of the garage. I'll try and take a pic of the assembly this weekend and post it here.

jnrsesv
01-30-11, 12:29 AM
I've had to mess with my sunroof assembly for a few months while fixing the roof of my truck. My guess would be that one (or more) of the drains (theres 4 of em) are blocked and the tray fills up and spills onto the headliner. With glasspanel open you should be able to see the tray and the two front drain. Is it full of water already? Use a pitcher (empty the beer outta there first, no instructions needed here...) and slowly fill the tray and see if it empties itself. The rear drains are a bit of a pain to get to. Headliner need to come off. If they are blocked you might be able to get by using a clothes hanger and unblock it. I still have my old assembly I can take pics of for reference. Keep us posted.

excellent advise! especially about getting rid of the beer first!