: What would i damage that isnt already messed up if i

ThumperPup
11-07-10, 02:26 PM
Just wondering what would i mess up that wouldnt already be taken apart and replaced if i run a 150 shot threw the seville
since im having the engine torn down and rebuiolt because of the block
what internal components could i fry i know i can screw the trnany up but its under warranty so if that gets messed up i take it back and the shop rebuilds it again

but since im puting like 4k into the engine

i figure why not have a bit of fun with it first

so just wondeirng
if the plan so far is to just replace the block and insert the studs all the other parts would be reused unless they cant be
what els could i end up damaging if i did that and all

just thinking about a little fun since its gona have to be doen anyways

Submariner409
11-07-10, 05:09 PM
Unless you spend the $$$$ to install and tune a proper NOx kit there's an excellent chance of blowing everything from the beauty cover to the oil pan out onto the street. Squeezing nitrous into an engine with failing head gaskets could be truly an awesome sight. Have someone videotape the run - you'll be rich (if not dead).

ThumperPup
11-07-10, 06:13 PM
Unless you spend the $$$$ to install and tune a proper NOx kit there's an excellent chance of blowing everything from the beauty cover to the oil pan out onto the street. Squeezing nitrous into an engine with failing head gaskets could be truly an awesome sight. Have someone videotape the run - you'll be rich (if not dead).

well the head gaskets are not bad its the block thats crack HG's are great

how would i be rich ?
im confused you mean charge ppl to watch it ?

Skiller.
11-07-10, 10:00 PM
What's he's trying to say is...you can do a lot of damage ;)

Ranger
11-07-10, 10:03 PM
Just have someone take a video when you do it (and post it here).

ThumperPup
11-07-10, 10:31 PM
ok i think im not gona try because i dont wana end up spending another 1000 in parts lol

darn and it could have been fun

the recluse
11-07-10, 11:12 PM
:thumbdown: chicken :nuffsaid:

ThumperPup
11-08-10, 08:23 AM
Hey i would be more then happy to do it if someone who knows what they are doing can come out hook it up get a proper tune for me and wants to video tape it other wise yeah fine ill be a chiken lol

drewsdeville
11-08-10, 08:58 AM
Bah, doesn't have to be that difficult.

Drill a hole right behind the throttle body, JB WELD a 75 jet in the hole, hook up the solenoids to the steering wheel horn button and let'er rip. :devil:

stoveguyy
11-08-10, 09:47 AM
saw a tv show where they kept adding NOS to see what would happen at the dragstrip. 75,125,150, and so on till a piston melted i believe. just ended up smoking a lot. picked up some top end speed if i recall. basically pretty boring exercise. its not like they turned a yugo into a top fuel car.

johnny kannapo
11-08-10, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1cPuJza_Aw&NR=1

Skiller.
11-08-10, 10:25 PM
LOL!

I think that's enough reason to not attempt the NOS idea...

ThumperPup
11-09-10, 08:49 AM
yeah i was having second thouts after sub said what would happen
now im really having second thoughts after that picture lol

Cadillac_Davey
11-11-10, 09:53 PM
you would probably be ok with a small shot like 75 or 100 anything above that you would want to have the car tuned.

nitrous isn't as evil as many people seem to think just don't go crazy.