: My XM renewal price

bobarry
11-06-10, 08:51 PM
I've read all the posts on XM renewal here and had to do mine today when my free trial expired.

I tried asking for the $64+tax deal I read about. Nope.

Then the $77 deal. OK, but they insisted on adding $18.50 for fee +tax. ($95.50). So that is the best I could do.

I have to remember and go thru this again in a year or they will renew at the higher price.

I have a small portable Delphi unit and thought I could add it at a reasonable price. Nope - The best deal was another $95. Not interested in it for my Sky, so I guess I need to refresh my 6CDs in it.

Bo

GMJim
11-07-10, 09:39 AM
You have to say the "C" word, CANCEL, before they will do anything.

They actually said the sentence for me. I just filled in the blank.

So you will _______ if you don't get the $77.00 deal?

Hockeytown 1340
11-07-10, 11:38 AM
I just renewed XM in my new Avalanche and I paid $88.00 which included the "Artist" fee's. Evidently XM/Sirius has to charge royalty fees now for the musicians!

TheCaptain
11-07-10, 11:56 AM
Yea, no more Limewire means more money for XM now... or PirateBay, either or.. :rofl:

bobarry
11-07-10, 12:14 PM
I just renewed XM in my new Avalanche and I paid $88.00 which included the "Artist" fee's. Evidently XM/Sirius has to charge royalty fees now for the musicians!

I assume you had to mention your intention to cancel, so you got the '$77 deal'.

They add taxes to the $88 price to get it up to about $95.50. Don't forget to call them in a year to get it at that price again.

So it's $8/month for the basic stuff.

Now to dig thru the forum to find the best renewal prices for Onstar. I think they have reduced it for me in the past on my Saturn Sky. Never used it yet, but I have never wrecked yet or ran out of gas. :)

Bo

stevec5375
11-07-10, 12:23 PM
I just renewed after my 2nd trial since Feb 2010. I got the $77 price for XM Everything. I just mentioned that I'd had that price previously and that I saw others getting it in the Cadillac Forum I frequent. I did not have to threaten to cancel.

I used a Discover Card virtual account number. That way I can just wait for the charge to hit my account then cancel the virtual account number so they can't auto-renew it.

Ponyman
11-08-10, 09:06 AM
Steve, tell us more about these virtual acccount numbers. How do you get one, and do they work with Visa and Mastercard too.

Stumeat
11-08-10, 09:44 AM
Yea, no more Limewire means more money for XM now... or PirateBay, either or.. :rofl:

:hijacked:

PirateBay :pirate2: works, need BitTorrent......

Sorry for thread jack....

stevec5375
11-08-10, 10:04 AM
Steve, tell us more about these virtual acccount numbers. How do you get one, and do they work with Visa and Mastercard too.

This was taken directly from the Discover Card web site:

Shop online using virtual account numbers. Pay online without giving out your real credit card account number. Virtual credit card numbers, also known as secure online account numbers, let you use a temporary, random credit card number to make purchases online. The merchants never have access to your real account number, and your purchases are automatically linked to your credit card account.

With virtual or secure online account numbers you log in to your credit card's secure Web site, enter your account number and receive a temporary account number. You use this virtual credit card number when you shop online—so your real account information never travels the Internet or is stored in an online retailer's files.

Yes, this is also available for MasterCard.

So in the case of XM Radio, I logged onto Discover Card's web site for my account. Selected the option to generate a virtual account number via my browser. It produces a randomly generated valid virtual DiscoverCard number with expiration date and CVC code. This is what I gave to XM Radio instead of my real account number. When the transaction hits my account I will call DiscoverCard up and tell them to cancel the virtual account number. That way, XM Radio cannot use that number again.

I use virtual account numbers all the time because you can cancel them without having to cancel your real account.

Ponyman
11-08-10, 01:33 PM
Thanks