: Chrome to Black?

swhite7007
11-06-10, 03:06 PM
I am trying to replace all the chrome on my escalade with black - I cant find anywhere that sells the replacement pieces in black. Any ideas? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks.

2007caddy
11-06-10, 07:25 PM
Why de-chrome an Escalade...should have bought a Tahoe then....there is a post I believe where I saw a picture of someone that did it or cardomain.com...

DTEK01
11-07-10, 05:31 PM
Why does everyone say that? To me there is way more differences between a Tahoe and Escalade than the chrome.

I think paint is your only option for most parts except maybe the sport grille but I never seen one available.

goldesky
12-01-10, 07:32 AM
paint. most of the pieces are plastic so you can't really powdercoat them, and they are also not available in black... i considered the same thing, and to the person that said "why de-chrome the Escalade" why not? It would be different and unique - compared to the other gazillion chrome ones like mine and i assume yours. A friend of mine in the car customization industry suggested it and it would look different for sure.. just don't really feel the need to do all of that peronally... Black pieces on a gold mist with black and gold painted rims would be quite unique, but a pain to do and probably cost a lot!

anyway- remove the pieces and have them painted... or have someone paint the parts you want on the car