: High Mileage low trade in

jasonstang88
11-06-10, 02:14 AM
Ive been tossing the idea of trading in my 07 escalade and have been getting dealers telling me 20-22k for my trade in value. It has 108k miles which I know is way up there but does this sound right? Nada, KBB, Edmund's, and the Black book all put my trade in between 25-28k. I know they are looking at auctions but what gives what do you all think?

sims1dh
11-06-10, 08:42 AM
Sounds right to me. I'm not sure what prices are like in you area. With those type of miles the truck would sell for around 27k. The truck would also be sent to auction because most Cadillac dealers wouldn't keep a truck with that many miles on their lot. Its harder to get someone financed for a 30k truck with 100k on it. You would be better off listing it online and selling yourself. These trucks sale fast. I'm sure you could sell it fast for 25k - 27k. I'm sure its rough to here that if you purchased your truck new. I always buy used I cant handle taking a 40k hit on a vehicle when I'm ready to move to my next vehicle.

chadbaaronson
11-06-10, 11:26 AM
:yeah:

bstiffmanofsteel
11-06-10, 01:51 PM
Sounds right to me. I'm not sure what prices are like in you area. With those type of miles the truck would sell for around 27k. The truck would also be sent to auction because most Cadillac dealers wouldn't keep a truck with that many miles on their lot. Its harder to get someone financed for a 30k truck with 100k on it. You would be better off listing it online and selling yourself. These trucks sale fast. I'm sure you could sell it fast for 25k - 27k. I'm sure its rough to here that if you purchased your truck new. I always buy used I cant handle taking a 40k hit on a vehicle when I'm ready to move to my next vehicle.

Well spoken!

jasonstang88
11-06-10, 11:32 PM
thanks for the info. I listed it on Craigslist and get this a local dealer calls me and tells me to bring it in even after I tell him Im not trading it in for the 20k all you dealers are wanting it for. So long story short he says no we can get you more yea right lowest offer I had. 22k with my Asanti grill and 26" Asanti rims along with a crap ton of extras I have in and thats how they wanted it LOADED.

evois
11-08-10, 02:14 AM
sell it privately and you will have a better offer. any pics by any chance?

07maralade
11-08-10, 12:32 PM
If i didnt have my slade, I would buy one with 100k and with a clean record on it for 23.5k in a heartbeat.

jasonstang88
11-08-10, 10:40 PM
copied a link with a pic of the truck not sure if it will work though.

evois
11-09-10, 01:50 AM
nice! I would sell it privately. if the title is clean, that can be sold to the highest bidder.