: Who knows their Lincoln colors?

mharker
11-05-10, 10:42 PM
Pardon my sacrilege... but got a Lincoln question:

I am looking to buy a 2006-ish Lincoln Town Car to replace my Roadmaster DD. I like all the colors except black (looks like airport limo) and bright white (looks like wedding car). However I don't mind pearl white.

I've come across some good white ones, but even with photos it's hard to distinguish pearl white from regular white, especially when the photos are taken indoors. The color names don't help either. Do any of you guys know the difference between these colors? All were available on Town Cars that vintage:

-Ceramic White Pearl Tri-Coat
-Cashmere Tri-Coat
-Vibrant White
-Oxford White

Which are pearl-ish... which are not? Somebody even emailed me the dealer swatch but I can't tell 'em apart!

ThumperPup
11-05-10, 10:44 PM
im not sure if they where doing it in the late 2000s but i know my 2002 LS and My 2002 Continental where both that Transparent Green that giliters and also changes colors well shades in and out of the sun

drewsdeville
11-05-10, 10:47 PM
Well, I know Vibrant White is Ford's generic solid white color. It's the same color that's used on police interceptors.

I believe Oxford is another solid color.

Judging by the names, the tri-coats are pearl-type. Pearl paint is done by layering transparent colors on top of a solid base such as silver or gold, so the "tri-coat" makes sense.

Playdrv4me
11-05-10, 11:33 PM
Ceramic White Pearl Tri-Coat is the closest to Cadillac's White Diamond color. This is a three stage paint.

Cashmere throws more toward a light coffee color and I believe also has some metallic sheen to it. Same as above.

Oxford and Vibrant white are solid colors.

mharker
11-05-10, 11:52 PM
That's great news!

I think I found the right car, right price, right options, right mileage, right location. Only problem was the photos online (taken indoors) look like a solid white. But the dealer insists it's Ceramic White Pearl Tri-Coat and not a solid white. He even sent me a window sticker (presumably re-printed, but it has the VIN, options etc. and looks genuine)

Last week I was too late on a "Cashmere" at another dealer and didn't get it. So when this guy said his car was Pearl I was like uh-uh... the other one was pearl looks way different. But the Lincoln marketing people in all their brilliance called it Cashmere I guess.

I think I'm gonna make an offer. I like both the tri-coats but can't live with a wedding white car. I'll be getting enough wisecracks as it is driving a big boat even if it's not wedding white!

THANKS guys this board is great.

Playdrv4me
11-06-10, 12:08 AM
That's great news!

I think I found the right car, right price, right options, right mileage, right location. Only problem was the photos online (taken indoors) look like a solid white. But the dealer insists it's Ceramic White Pearl Tri-Coat and not a solid white. He even sent me a window sticker (presumably re-printed, but it has the VIN, options etc. and looks genuine)

Last week I was too late on a "Cashmere" at another dealer and didn't get it. So when this guy said his car was Pearl I was like uh-uh... the other one was pearl looks way different. But the Lincoln marketing people in all their brilliance called it Cashmere I guess.

I think I'm gonna make an offer. I like both the tri-coats but can't live with a wedding white car. I'll be getting enough wisecracks as it is driving a big boat even if it's not wedding white!

THANKS guys this board is great.

Can you post pics of the car that is supposedly Ceramic White Pearl? I should be able to tell whether it is indoors or out.

mharker
11-06-10, 12:13 PM
Thanks I PMd you some links

Sandy
11-06-10, 04:16 PM
I am as into Lincolns as I am into Cadillacs & Imperials.
The info sent to you from other users is 100% correct.
I drive a 2003 Town Car - the Spring Feature car - THE LIMITED.
I absolutely love the car.Tight, solid, no squeeks, makes every
road seem re-paved. Dealer service is absolutely
fantastic - but not cheap. Gas mileage is better than wife's Jeep Cherokee.
But, that's not saying very much. Prior I had a Mark 8 and a Continential. Both gaveme trouble. This my 2nd T.C. and they are close to perfection. Well, in 7 years, I needed 1 slight adjustment.

johnny kannapo
11-06-10, 04:37 PM
This is the same as my 3rd car I owned, bought in 1976 the same color/condition.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/billytheshoe/junk/3f76c715.png?t=1289071944