: Just got an STS but what trim?

tgibson
11-05-10, 08:53 PM
Just traded in my 2007 VW GTI on a 2005 sts charcoal grey v6. Don't really know what options it has on it though. How can i tell what was added onto it, like magnetic ride control and other stuff.

Also are there any type of performance upgrades you can do to this car besides intake and exhaust, already know the ecu cant be cracked. Also what handling upgrades?

Any common or widely liked exterior modifications?

dkozloski
11-05-10, 08:59 PM
A tag with all the option codes is located on the bottom side of the spare tire cover in the trunk.

Plug your VIN# in here. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/184888-vin-rpo-converter.html

tgibson
11-05-10, 09:11 PM
Ok there was so much stuff listed i dont even know what was options and what wasnt someone wanna tell me what im looking at here?\

vin=1G6DW677250145802

dkozloski
11-05-10, 09:14 PM
Ok there was so much stuff listed i dont even know what was options and what wasnt someone wanna tell me what im looking at here?\

vin=1G6DW677250145802

Go to the link I listed above and plug in your VIN#. You'll get a complete list of all the options on your car plus a lot of other information as well.

tgibson
11-05-10, 09:24 PM
i did im just not sure what im looking at in terms of how nice the car is and what it does not have

dkozloski
11-05-10, 10:21 PM
i did im just not sure what im looking at in terms of how nice the car is and what it does not have

Every option the car is equipped with is listed in plain English. I don't know what else I could tell you. Is there any particular option that you would like to know more about?

SlickCityStan
11-05-10, 11:21 PM
i did im just not sure what im looking at in terms of how nice the car is and what it does not haveYour car has the 1SB trim level which is a mid-level trim package you have all the standard STS features but not many of the top level options such as Bose 5.1 surround sound cd/dvd player, Navigation,heated/cooled seats,high performance brakes, premium steering gear, MRC, HUD, ACC, and doesn't look like you have the limited slip differential, or the wood trimmed and heated steering wheel. Please remember don't kill the messenger!

dkozloski
11-06-10, 01:07 AM
It sounds like rental car trim.

tgibson
11-06-10, 01:32 AM
ok cool. What about performance? Any certain exhaust and intake that go well? Also sway bars and sport springs?

SlickCityStan
11-06-10, 07:49 PM
ok cool. What about performance? Any certain exhaust and intake that go well? Also sway bars and sport springs?not many other than exhaust, CAI(some modifacation with V6), and lowering springs from D3, that's about it. there are a lot of threads available with detailed instructions and tips just have to be patient and search

tgibson
11-08-10, 05:49 PM
not many other than exhaust, CAI(some modifacation with V6), and lowering springs from D3, that's about it. there are a lot of threads available with detailed instructions and tips just have to be patient and search

What companies make a cai for the v6 sts...i cant find any. And what kind of modification is needed?

dkozloski
11-08-10, 11:40 PM
What companies make a cai for the v6 sts...i cant find any. And what kind of modification is needed?

There are numerous reports in the forum that a CAI on an STS results in trouble codes and it's a waste. The air intake is well designed as it is.