: 2005 Escalade ESV bad milage after Transmission Service

Gzan
11-05-10, 08:50 AM
My 2005 Escalade ESV was experiencing Transmission slipping between 2nd and 3rd gear. Took it to service and they flashed the Transmission. I was getting 19 mpg average highway/city combined. Now I am getting less then 12 mpg combined. Is there anything that can be set while flashing the Transmission to correct this?
Please help the price of gas in NY with that kind of mileage is a killer on the wallet

ponicg
11-09-10, 12:10 PM
I can attest to the fact that this specific truck was getting 17-18 MPG easily on the trips Gzan is taking. I sold him the truck and drove the same trip he has a number of times in the past, averaging about 18 MPG, thanks to not having to do much "city" driving. If anyone has any ideas that'd be great?

I have to say that while service from Cadi has been painless when it comes to convenience, it's terrible in terms of quality. Every single time it's some other fight to get the dealer to even recognize issues. I had the heatshield-exhaust scrapage issue? Despite the noise being audible over the radio at full volume, two different dealerships still insisted they couldn't hear it. Not until I finally brought it to a 3rd dealer and made him take a ride in the truck did he finally hear it. Things like that are frustrating.

Gale Hawkins
11-10-10, 11:29 AM
If the slipping is getting worse than that could hurt mileage. Has this transmission ever been used to tow?

For some reason GM put a new transmission in our 2003 at 40K miles. Our 2002 Blazer at 107K miles got its third transmission but it has a chrome ball on the hitch with the chrome worn off for the most part. :(

After just pushing out all the old ATF using the method Patrick posted on both vehicles i have decided to do that every 30K miles since it only cost $30 using the new Dexron VI standard.

Clean ATF will hopefully add to their life. For the heck of it I added a can of Sea Foam and drove the Escalade 200 miles and the Blazer 120 miles before doing the total change of ATF. The Escalade shifted fine before and after but the Blazer shifts into reverse faster now it seems and does not jerk as much at idle at stop lights.

There is no way to know if the Sea Foam on helped my mind because the new fluid may have caused the improved shifting in the Blazer. :) With 13 engines around the place I buy Sea Foam by the gallon and use it in the tank, crankcase and intake as per instructions on the can. Clearing up hesitation seems to be what it does best however.