: headlight switch wont stay on "off"

lowrider284
11-05-10, 01:35 AM
bought my 05 escalade ext last week and never noticed it until today but the headlight switch wont let the knob stay on the "off" position. Is it supposed to be like that or is my switch broken? thanks in advance

nathanjax
11-05-10, 05:59 AM
bought my 05 escalade ext last week and never noticed it until today but the headlight switch wont let the knob stay on the "off" position. Is it supposed to be like that or is my switch broken? thanks in advance

suppose to be like that. When you switch it to the off position, it will turn your headlights off, but once you restart your truck it goes back into "automatic" mode again...

lowrider284
11-06-10, 09:53 PM
so theres no way to turn the lights off and keep them off is what your saying?

06Caddykeith
11-06-10, 11:34 PM
you can keep them off whenever you want, its just that you have to turn them off again everytime you restart the vehicle. This switch had me super confused with my Canadian Denali, because the switch wouldnt even turn the lights off (required in Canada), so I never understood why the option was ever there until I got my American Escalade, then it all makes sense. Now I can creep in the dark with the vehicle running...hahaha

roboteacher
11-08-10, 10:07 AM
I just figured my switch was broken. Glad to know

Gale Hawkins
11-08-10, 10:50 PM
Relax, you bought a vehicle that can 'think' for you. :)