: Video of my dropped sts

OH WOW
11-05-10, 02:15 AM
OH WOW! THIS IS THE BEAUTIFUL RESULTS OF MY CAR USING D3 LOWERING SPRINGS...PLEASE GRANPAS NO NEGATIVE THINGS..

CHECK IT OUT..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ5m6XjiP54"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ5m6XjiP54

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

malatu
11-05-10, 10:33 AM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm glad you like it.

Lifer
11-05-10, 11:23 AM
We could see it better if you backed it out of the garage and took a side view from a few feet back.

dkozloski
11-05-10, 11:38 AM
You must have dropped it quite a ways because the springs never came back up.

EChas3
11-05-10, 11:00 PM
I like the wheels. Drive to a park and show us the car.

OH WOW
11-06-10, 01:15 AM
I'll try to post a better video tomorrow

Jesda
11-06-10, 09:28 PM
Take some still images for us please. Looks very sharp so far.

AllGoNShow
11-07-10, 01:47 AM
What kind of wheels you running?
Did you have the lowering blocks or what suspension do you have?

Looks good +1 for more/better pics

OH WOW
11-07-10, 02:57 AM
What kind of wheels you running?
Did you have the lowering blocks or what suspension do you have?

Looks good +1 for more/better pics

MHT STOKE WHEELS 2 piece 20x8.5 20x10 and it's regular not MR suspension

Pjazz
11-07-10, 10:47 AM
Very nice. How's the ride?

OH WOW
11-07-10, 12:29 PM
Very nice. How's the ride?

Very smooth like as if they were never installed. A bit stiff at first but once the springs set in they are just right and won't make the ride bouncing like other lowering springs.

But the best part is when you hit a corner real fast without feeling the car is ready to flip over.

AllGoNShow
11-08-10, 12:33 PM
So did you have the lowering blocks as well or just springs? I have the regular suspension and am waiting on my blocks, ride is OK, too bouncy, but sits very high after driving which is the worst part.

OH WOW
11-08-10, 01:51 PM
So did you have the lowering blocks as well or just springs? I have the regular suspension and am waiting on my blocks, ride is OK, too bouncy, but sits very high after driving which is the worst part.

AllGoNShow, I only got the springs but I was not aware or even told that I needed blocks..I have notice when the car sits over night it seems to be a bit lower that when I drive it as well..is that what the blocks would be for?? :confused:

AllGoNShow
11-08-10, 02:03 PM
:) I had same issue, no one told me until I figured it out myself. This is a non-technical way of explaining...

Yes, on non-MR our shocks are internally valved so when you drive, if they think they need more pressure they internally maintain that higher pressure. When you come out in the morning, all the pressure was re-leaved overnight and the vehicle sits nice and low. When you lower the car without the blocks, the shocks thing they have more load on them due to their positioning and they bump up pressure as you drive. When you have the lowering blocks it tricks the shocks into thinking they are at the same height as stock and you don't end up with a bouncy ride or a high vehicle w/ lowering springs.

OH WOW
11-08-10, 02:34 PM
:) I had same issue, no one told me until I figured it out myself. This is a non-technical way of explaining...

Yes, on non-MR our shocks are internally valved so when you drive, if they think they need more pressure they internally maintain that higher pressure. When you come out in the morning, all the pressure was re-leaved overnight and the vehicle sits nice and low. When you lower the car without the blocks, the shocks thing they have more load on them due to their positioning and they bump up pressure as you drive. When you have the lowering blocks it tricks the shocks into thinking they are at the same height as stock and you don't end up with a bouncy ride or a high vehicle w/ lowering springs.

WOW....I would of never have figured that out...Thanks AllGoNShow!! I don't know why D3 wouldn't tell us about this..now would I need blocks for all four shocks or just the rear? And how much are they?

AllGoNShow
11-08-10, 02:47 PM
Depending on when you bought them, might explain it. D3 just recently got taken over if I remember, new owner is getting things on track but right before SEMA is the busiest/craziest time of the year for the industry down south of the border, so they are probably head over heels in shit right now.

I know i got their last set of current blocks :) But they will probably have more made soon, send your D3 rep an email about the blocks, if you mention no one ever said anything about it you probably won't pay but see how it goes. I have yet to receive mine, I hope it is for front & rear but since I don't have them yet I don't know.

OH WOW
11-08-10, 03:10 PM
Cool..i'll send them an email right now.

OH WOW
11-08-10, 03:35 PM
just called them up and told them about the blocks and they said no its the springs that are missing some rods? is it the same thing? im waiting to hear back from them.

AllGoNShow
11-08-10, 05:48 PM
I believe MR is the height adjustable suspension with rods. The rod senses what height the body of the vehicle is sitting at compared to the control arm angle, when the angle is greater than the range it is set (determined by position of the rod) then the ECU says pump those shocks up!. Ours is non-MR so you won't find any rods attached to your springs or control arms, which is why the blocks need to be installed on the top of the shocks to trick the internal self leveling inside the shock.

Let me see if I can find the thread...

AllGoNShow
11-08-10, 06:05 PM
At work, need to go back to work, but here is an idea of what the CTS guys have done to trick the suspension
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/index.html

If you search CTS you can see the aluminum blocks a guy CNC'd up for an idea of what I am hoping comes in the mail.

550HP STSV
11-11-10, 01:37 PM
Not bad for a base model V6 STS. Wheels look horrible though.

OH WOW
11-13-10, 07:52 PM
Funny dude^^

Greg00coupe
11-14-10, 02:52 PM
Hey OH..... yea I a gramps......... but that looks sweet!!!! Glad you got creative!!!

OH WOW
11-14-10, 03:29 PM
Hey OH..... yea I a gramps......... but that looks sweet!!!! Glad you got creative!!!

You just Made your self gramps #1 on my list :D

AllGoNShow
11-29-10, 06:47 PM
This is what D3's lowering kit contains;
http://allgonshow.info/Gallery/My%20Vehicles/Cadillac%20STS/stslowering.jpg