: First thread/post!!! Is this a good deal??

black escalade
11-04-10, 07:37 PM
Hello all, I will be purchasing my first escalade in the coming 2 weeks as my lease is currently expiring. I have a dealer friend that is offering me an escalade and I wanted to see if this is a good deal or not:

2007 escalade, all the bells and whistles, 22" rims, power running board, heated/cooling seats, nav, etc with 30k miles, for $30k. Truck is in flawless condition. The only catch is, the car was a gm/cadillac buy back. The warranty was never touched (still in effect/not branded), there is no record of this on carfax or from any dealer for that matter, and the problem that it had was allegedly fixed and gm is offering a full 12/month unlimited miles warranty for that specific problem.

Is this a good bargain or should I run like crazy?

Thanks in advance.

cadmanchris
11-04-10, 08:26 PM
Get plenty of details and service records before you make the purchase. How many miles on it?

sims1dh
11-04-10, 08:39 PM
If you have the option of buying an extended bumper to bumper I would say go for. If you can get a warranty you will be covered.

black escalade
11-04-10, 09:39 PM
Get plenty of details and service records before you make the purchase. How many miles on it?

like the post states, 30k

If you have the option of buying an extended bumper to bumper I would say go for. If you can get a warranty you will be covered.

Yes, I can get an extended warranty at any time since the current warranty is not branded.

So is this considered a good deal or just ok deal?

sksmoker
11-05-10, 04:57 PM
I would say that is a good deal consider all of the other 07 buyers posts on here. Seems to be 07's are going from 28-37k depending on local and mileage.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-05-10, 10:06 PM
Thats a great price, low miles. 1 year unlimited mile warranty included... No brainer!

andre_outlaw
11-06-10, 12:19 AM
Hello all, I will be purchasing my first escalade in the coming 2 weeks as my lease is currently expiring. I have a dealer friend that is offering me an escalade and I wanted to see if this is a good deal or not:

2007 escalade, all the bells and whistles, 22" rims, power running board, heated/cooling seats, nav, etc with 30k miles, for $30k. Truck is in flawless condition. The only catch is, the car was a gm/cadillac buy back. The warranty was never touched (still in effect/not branded), there is no record of this on carfax or from any dealer for that matter, and the problem that it had was allegedly fixed and gm is offering a full 12/month unlimited miles warranty for that specific problem.

Is this a good bargain or should I run like crazy?

Thanks in advance.

What was the original problem with it?

DTEK01
11-06-10, 01:40 AM
I would buy it :) Sounds like you are covered.

PreachRR
11-06-10, 12:42 PM
might consider asking them to lux certify it and the you can get bumper to bumper 100k.. gives you further peace of mind