: 2010 dts seats - are they the same - 'luxury level vs premium level ...

SHOWGIRL
11-04-10, 07:03 PM
Hi - we tried a used 2010 premiun level and loved the seats - very soft, comfortable but yet 'supportive'
Today tried a 'new' 'luxury' level and discovered the seats were a 'tad' more 'firm' =almost with a 'sport' feeling is this possible?! ...
Why would the two levels have different seats?
Thanks in advance .....:confused:

skexius
11-05-10, 10:34 AM
Hi - we tried a used 2010 premiun level and loved the seats - very soft, comfortable but yet 'supportive'
Today tried a 'new' 'luxury' level and discovered the seats were a 'tad' more 'firm' =almost with a 'sport' feeling is this possible?! ...
Why would the two levels have different seats?
Thanks in advance .....:confused:

Showgirl,The Luxury and Premium models DO have a different quality of leather seats. The Luxury model has Nuance Leather seats as standard equipment. It has a sandstone texture and is a bit firmer in quality. It is Cadillac's signature base leather in all Cadillacs. The Premium and Platinum models both have Tuscany Leather seats as standard equipment. It is next level up in the DTS leather hierarchy. It is a semi-aniline leather and much softer than the Nuance leather. The entire seat is made of leather, whereas the Nuance Leather is leather on the parts you sit on and with the parts that you don't sit on covered in vinyl. The best and softest leather offered on a DTS is the Tehama Leather. It is only optional on the Premium and Platinum models. The entire seat is all leather and is extremely soft and supple. It is a full aniline leather. It is distinctive, as it only comes in two colors, Cocoa (Chocolate Brown color) and Ebony (Black). It seemed to have a very vague suede-like feel to me when I felt it before.Try to find a DTS that has one of the two all-leather seating surfaces and see how they feel to you. Hope that helps!skexius

SHOWGIRL
11-06-10, 11:27 AM
Showgirl,The Luxury and Premium models DO have a different quality of leather seats. The Luxury model has Nuance Leather seats as standard equipment. It has a sandstone texture and is a bit firmer in quality. It is Cadillac's signature base leather in all Cadillacs. The Premium and Platinum models both have Tuscany Leather seats as standard equipment. It is next level up in the DTS leather hierarchy. It is a semi-aniline leather and much softer than the Nuance leather. The entire seat is made of leather, whereas the Nuance Leather is leather on the parts you sit on and with the parts that you don't sit on covered in vinyl. The best and softest leather offered on a DTS is the Tehama Leather. It is only optional on the Premium and Platinum models. The entire seat is all leather and is extremely soft and supple. It is a full aniline leather. It is distinctive, as it only comes in two colors, Cocoa (Chocolate Brown color) and Ebony (Black). It seemed to have a very vague suede-like feel to me when I felt it before.Try to find a DTS that has one of the two all-leather seating surfaces and see how they feel to you. Hope that helps!skexius
---------------------------------------
Hi - thanks for clarifying that we weren't mistaken in our seat-leather-observations between Lux & Premium !! Your above information is awesome ! thank you so much !!! We found a 2010 -''off lease=rental' our dealer purchased -Premium diamond white with 11k - inservice may, 2010. no options (ie Thema leather or driver-awareness pkg) but it's loaded enough LOL...so wel'll probably take it - it will be CPO'd and a 'CarCheck' report supplied. The DTS (first one for us) seems like a dynamite car... thanks again ! Showgirl

Alc
11-08-10, 12:05 AM
What are the different leather options for 2007 & 2008? I'm hunting for a 07 performance DTS, do they all have the same leather or will the leather options vary for 07 as well? If I cant find a performance I will settle for a Lux II I guess for 07 the II was the same as the III for 06 and 08.

Thanks.

skexius
11-09-10, 09:12 AM
What are the different leather options for 2007 & 2008? I'm hunting for a 07 performance DTS, do they all have the same leather or will the leather options vary for 07 as well? If I cant find a performance I will settle for a Lux II I guess for 07 the II was the same as the III for 06 and 08.

Thanks.

Alc,For the 2007 and 2008 DTS model years, Nuance Leather seats, as described in my previous post above, were standard on all trim levels of the DTS. Tuscany and Tehama was optional only on the Luxury II (what we know as the Luxury III) and the Performance models. 2008 was the first year that the Platinum Edition Package was optional on the Luxury II (really the Luxury III) and the Performance models. The Platinum Edition package DTS comes with Tuscany Leather seats as standard with the Tehama Leather as an option.Hope that helps!skexius