: Hatch won't open

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-04-10, 03:34 PM
We've had this happen twice now.. On the base model, with all of the doors unlocked, we pull the handle on the back hatch door and nothing happens. It just won't open.

Any ideas?

sube5186
11-04-10, 03:45 PM
We've had this happen twice now.. On the base model, with all of the doors unlocked, we pull the handle on the back hatch door and nothing happens. It just won't open.

Any ideas?

Where is the remote when this happens?

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-04-10, 03:48 PM
in my hand, hitting the unlock button ;)

sube5186
11-04-10, 03:54 PM
in my hand, hitting the unlock button ;)

So it doesn't open with the remote or the rubber pad over the license plate? Does the button on the driver's door open it?

There is a software update pertaining to liftgate issues. There's also another procedure they can do involving taking out the fuse for the liftgate, waiting and then reinserting it. Both of these fixes are mentioned on the GM TechLink.

Sube

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-04-10, 03:57 PM
thanks for the heads up! as this is the base model, we don't have a button on the driver door or the remote, just the lift-gate. I will try pulling the fuse, then will schedule an appointment with service.

sube5186
11-04-10, 04:12 PM
I found them. This is from the GM TechLink.

CTS, SRX - Power liftgate inoperative

Reprogram the liftgate control module if adheres to VIN breakpoints in bulletin

Do not reprogram vehicles beyond the listed VIN breakpoint

Bulletin no. 09-08-66-010B

CTS, Equinox, SRX, Terrain - Power liftgate inoperative

Remove the two power lift gate module fuses, wait a minimum of one minute, and reinstall the two fuses

Do not replace any modules, switches or the key fob

Bulletin no. 09-08-66-010A

Sube

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-04-10, 04:16 PM
bummer, that probably does not apply to me because i don't have a power liftgate, right?

sube5186
11-04-10, 04:20 PM
Be advised, these are the liftgate "module" fuses. This fuse is for the computer module that controls the liftgate. I don't think this is a regular fuse in the fuse box. Your guess is as good as mine as to where this module is. Also, there may be some additional procedures necessary before pulling those fuses. You should let them do it. That's what your warranty is for. Besides, I'm sure there's an order as to which fix to try first. This way, if they do the fuse first and that doesn't fix it, your car is right there for them to update the software next.

The purpose of my post was not to advocate "self repairs", but to give you info to provide to your dealer in case they're unaware of this. :D

Sube

sube5186
11-04-10, 04:32 PM
LOL!

Silly me. I didn't know yours doesn't have a power liftgate. I thought all models had that. Never mind then.

If your liftgate isn't power operated, then this sounds like it would have to be a mechanical problem. Either way, I would suggest you let them figure it out.

Sube

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-04-10, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all of your help Sube! I will just bring it in. They can deal with it :thumbsup:

GMJim
11-04-10, 06:53 PM
My liftgate "fell asleep" as the service department called it.
They disconnected the battery for a bit, then did a software update, and I was good to go.

GMJim
11-04-10, 09:18 PM
I believe it's still the same touchpad latch.
You just don't have the button on the door or the button on the remote.

2011_SRX
11-09-10, 12:56 AM
Where is the remote when this happens?
This has happened once on my base 2011. I pressed the key fob to "Lock" then two quick clicks for "Unlock" and the hatch could be opened. It has not happened again.