: advise on placing my 07 EXT on trailer to tow behind motorhome

papajack
11-03-10, 02:37 PM
my wife and I will be leaving for Fla. for the third year in a row. I just purchased my 07 EXT (all wheel drive) we are former Avalanche owners and "assumed" we could make our LADE a toad. The "morning after" read over of the owners manuel let me know that is not posible. So it's TRAILER time. I would like to know the pro's and con's on M/H...Trailer combination transport.

sksmoker
11-03-10, 05:15 PM
Not sure what advice you are really looking for. It is a big vehicle for a toad, that is for sure. You having a trailer to pull the truck is going to be a pain, and you will have to make sure you chain it down and block the wheels quite well. It is all going to depend on the trailer really.. on a nice air ride suspension transport the trailer absorbs most of the impact from the road. With just a straight dual axle trailer with minimal suspension, the truck is going to feel every mile you drive, even though the odometer says otherwise. Open or closed trailer?

papajack
11-03-10, 11:01 PM
thanks for the reply sksmoker. I have read up on state laws and load limits in all states. I see motorhomes pulling trailers loaded with vehicles every day and they seem to be pulling ok. I plan to use an open trailer 20 ft. in with duel 5200 lb axles both axles having brakes. Now keep in mind..this is an 800 mile trip in the late fall and return in the spring....if I were on the road all year I would take a different approach. I mainly would like to hear from someone who pulls trailer/vehicle behind their motorhome for the "do's and don'ts" and the "what to watch out for's".

sksmoker
11-04-10, 04:47 PM
Well i hope someone can help you out then. Good luck! Nice toad too :)