: Opening hatch from door button

doctormstein1
11-03-10, 12:16 PM
I have sporadic problems opening hatch from door button. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't but all the time the Key fob make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions. Thanks

sube5186
11-03-10, 01:54 PM
I have sporadic problems opening hatch from door button. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't but all the time the Key fob make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions. Thanks

This happened to me one time in almost a year of ownership. I considered it some kind of freak occurrence, as I was never able to duplicate it. Maybe some kind of interference from something. I don't know. I haven't lost any sleep over it, since it never happened again. Your problem seems different. If you said it was with both the door button and the remote, I would say it's probably a software problem. There is a software update for the rear liftgate. Since it's only the door button, I think it may be either a loose connection or a bad switch. In either case the fix is a simple one. Take it in for service and see what they say. Please report back on their diagnosis.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
11-04-10, 12:43 AM
I'd have to check, but if you are trying to open hatch with door button, right after opening drivers door by pulling on door handle, I think other doors AND hatch remain locked, and perhaps that is issue? You don't need me to check this out, but tomorrow I shall, just in case you have a defect. ( I'm in jammies right now!) Can anyone else confirm also?

SS

stealth97
11-04-10, 12:45 AM
All doors need to be unlocked to use door button to open hatch.

Smokin' SRX
11-04-10, 01:01 AM
All doors need to be unlocked to use door button to open hatch.

Thought so. Thx for quick response stealth97. Maybe it will help the Doc.......

SS

magnumforc
01-21-11, 08:40 PM
I thought I had a problem with the interior liftgate button also. But my issue was that when you stopped and placed the car in park, you could not open the liftgate by pressing the interior door button. However, after getting out and either opening the liftgate with the remote or by pressing the unlock pad on the liftgate, the interior door button would then open or close it any number of times, each time it was pressed. Found out there is a "safety feature" that if all doors are not unlocked, the rear liftgate interior button is inoperable. Simply pressed the unlock button on the interior for the doors and viola, the interior liftgate button works every time. Lock the doors and only open the doors with the inside handle, and nope...the button is inoperative. Just a thought to pass on as a tip so someone else doesn't go nuts thinking there is a problem. One more thing among MANY the manual fails to elucidate on.