: Studkit purchase inquiry

vincentm
11-03-10, 10:59 AM
Please move the the appropriate forums if this isn't in the right area.

I'm wondering what the status on the delivery of the stud kit i've purchased, tried calling the number on Jake's site but no answer at all, not even a prompt to leave a voicemail. It's been almost 2 weeks and i still haven't received my purchased.

Jake please call me at

509-205-5136
or at

509-438-0773 if i dont answer on the first number, t-mobile coverage sucks here in Tri-Cities, WA

Ranger
11-03-10, 12:05 PM
This is as good a place as any. Jake is in the middle of a move from Ontario to Manitoba. His contact info has a Manitoba address. Maybe his phone no. is different .
http://www.northstarperformance.com/contact.php

vincentm
11-03-10, 06:09 PM
This is as good a place as any. Jake is in the middle of a move from Ontario to Manitoba. His contact info has a Manitoba address. Maybe his phone no. is different .
http://www.northstarperformance.com/contact.php

No answer at either of those numbers, the first one says "sorry memory is full, try again later.". The second just rings and rings then disconnects me. I'm getting a little impatient.

vincentm
11-03-10, 10:15 PM
Just barely saw the email contact info, email sent, blonde moment on my part lol

Ranger
11-03-10, 10:15 PM
I'm sure he's pretty busy. He hasn't been here since 10/24. I PM'd him this link so he'll see it when he next checks in.

vincentm
11-03-10, 10:21 PM
Thanks Ranger, im just getting anxious, i will purchase the gaskets and seals kit on the 19th of this Month, and have a ton of help to do the job, by some experienced grease monkeys from work, even a friend is going to lend me a power washer to power wash the engine once i have it out lol. Also Carrolls Custom Cadillac in Vancouver WA, is going to send me a complete guide on how to remove the engine from the top, complete step by step with pictures, so im super excited on doing this. :)

Ranger
11-03-10, 10:40 PM
Good luck. Out the bottom is the recommended way and what most guys do. It's supposed to be easier. Never had to pull one so I can't say. Anyway, you might want to type up a tutorial on removing it from the top and post it in the Tech Tips section. Pics would be great.

vincentm
11-03-10, 10:50 PM
Oh i will, C.C.C (http://carrollcustomcadillac.com/aboutus.aspx) told me not to do so, lol. So i've obtained an engine hoist, stands, engine stand, etc to do do it from the top, i'll post a tutorial as best as i can on doing so, love this community, and love my ETC lol

vincentm
11-05-10, 11:15 AM
Spoke with Jake on the phone, and got the tracking #. :cheers:

vincentm
11-09-10, 03:32 PM
Just purchased an AllDataDIY subscription and my studkit is scheduled for delivery this Thursday.

miwise
11-10-10, 07:48 AM
Having removed mine 3 times now I found that through the top is best. You will have a bit of trouble clearing the heat shield over the power steering rack but not too bad. I did through the bottom the first time. It was time consuming bc u have to disconnect a lot of wires and grounds. There are 4 bolts near coolant crossover. 4 on a plate on the bottom that connect engine and tranny. Along with 2 braces both at the rear bank. One next to coolant crossover secured by 2 nuts and another near the passengers side wheel. Also the torque strut bolts that will have to come out (4 total there). U will see when u look at it. The rear bolts are easiest accessed with a box end wrench. Have a set of s shaped wrenches available when u go to unbolt the torque converter. Life saver and knuckle saver. :-)

vincentm
11-11-10, 06:33 PM
Just received the kit but 4 out of 20 studs are missing....called Jake. Kinda unsatisfied now, i've this project scheduled for November 20th with the engine removed by the 21st

vincentm
11-12-10, 11:25 AM
Total blonde moment on my part, ive the 20 studs, its the 4 that are machined differently that have a portion of the thread surfaced differently, i think everything is fine, will call Jake later today.

Submariner409
11-12-10, 11:39 AM
Total blonde moment on my part, ive the 20 studs, its the 4 that are machined differently that have a portion of the thread surfaced differently, i think everything is fine, will call Jake later today.

Are those the 4 studs which replace the cylinder head locating dowels ???

vincentm
11-12-10, 12:21 PM
Yup, i just had to read the instructions lol

98eldo32v
11-12-10, 01:29 PM
That stud kit looks good!!!!

I envy you on getting your job done. I want to fix mine so bad it's driving me crazy... I've had three people try to buy my car since I've had it and they know it has a bad head gasket.

Just take your time and do the job correctly. I firmly believe once you stud that block correctly , you'll have a worry free car.

Good luck......

BetterNorthstar
11-12-10, 05:22 PM

Your follow up reply after you mis-stated what was sent to you was "Yup, i just had to read the instructions lol", I did not hear an apology to Jake for your mis-statement about only sending you 16 studs, only your "lol".

Stating your order was short and late, from one of the few businesses that is keeping our great cars going, I think is a bit short of proper respect, accuracy, and appreciation.

Jake deserves better, including an apology.

I do not mean to sound harsh. I just think we need to appreciate those that can keep our cars running for years to come, with the SureGrip Studs, when few other solutions will work. Cadillac sure is not helping at this point in time.

NOTE: I believe it can take up to two (2) weeks for Jake's SureGrip Studs to go through Canada, Customs, and delivered in the US.

vincentm
11-12-10, 08:07 PM
Your follow up reply after you mis-stated what was sent to you was "Yup, i just had to read the instructions lol", I did not hear an apology to Jake for your mis-statement about only sending you 16 studs, only your "lol".

Stating your order was short and late, from one of the few businesses that is keeping our great cars going, I think is a bit short of proper respect, accuracy, and appreciation.

Jake deserves better, including an apology.

I do not mean to sound harsh. I just think we need to appreciate those that can keep our cars running for years to come, with the SureGrip Studs, when few other solutions will work. Cadillac sure is not helping at this point in time.

NOTE: I believe it can take up to two (2) weeks for Jake's SureGrip Studs to go through Canada, Customs, and delivered in the US.

I sent him an email apologizing, but thank you mom, i appreciate your feed back. :thehand:

jimsbox
11-12-10, 08:38 PM
I have to agree, a public assertion that Jake is sending out shorted kits suggests a public acknowledgement that that was not the case as opposed to a private email.

Jake is very honest, open and sincere in standing behind his products.

vincentm
11-12-10, 09:08 PM
Jake, i apologize for the assertion in that my kit was short 4 studs, i can be dumb at times, just anxious to get my car fixed.

Can a mod please close this thread now?