: 2011 DTS rental

redimpss5
11-03-10, 03:31 AM
Took the CTS in for a repair and got a rental from Enterprise. I don't trust those crooks, but a free rental is a free rental. Anyway, upon picking it up, there is a unit under the windshield rear view mirror, looked like a camera or something. Did'nt look like a GM part. Anyone know of this thing? Is it something new, or some scam thing from Enterprise? Thanks? BTW I really missed XM during the rental.

HartfordGuy
11-03-10, 07:11 AM
That "camera" is probably the rainsense wiper sensor. The only other "camera" like device would be the radar sensor for the adaptive cruise control, but I was under the impression that was behind the grille.

RippyPartsDept
11-03-10, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's the lane departure warning camera. If it's attached to the mirror and you can see the lens of the camera through the front of the windshield then that's what it is. Try slowly veering out of your lane (when there's no one in the other lane). There should be an audible warning and something on the dash too.

You might also have the blindspot warning in that car too. If someone is behind you in the blindspot area a little icon should appear on the mirror so when you look in the mirror you'll notice that there's someone in your blindspot that the mirror isn't catching.

HartfordGuy
11-03-10, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's the lane departure warning camera. If it's attached to the mirror and you can see the lens of the camera through the front of the windshield then that's what it is..

I totally forgot about that! D'oh!

redimpss5
11-06-10, 04:09 AM
I will be getting the rental back on monday. : ( I will try a lane departure. My CTS rain sensor is alot smaller, that's why is puzzled me. Thanks for the ideas.

ffrog
11-06-10, 12:32 PM
... rental from Enterprise. I don't trust those crooks, ... Is it something new, or some scam thing from Enterprise?

What do you have against Enterprise?

I would just like to know for future reference.

Iíve rented several cars for businesses trip with never a problem.

cooncat
11-06-10, 01:35 PM
I had nothing but good and honest service from Enterprise. The one at the Cadillac dealer is exceptionally good.

Superjim
11-06-10, 01:38 PM
What do you have against Enterprise?

I would just like to know for future reference.

Iíve rented several cars for businesses trip with never a problem.

Same question...
What is wrong with Enterprise?
I have also had several from Enterprise with no issues.

Texas Jim

tedcmiller
11-06-10, 04:39 PM
My dealership used Enterprise for a few years. The one time I had my CTS-V in for service, Enterprise gave me a cheap Pontiac to drive. My dealership became so disenchanted with Enterprise, they started their own loaner program using Cadillacs. When they started losing money on the loaner program, they went back to Enterprise. Too bad about that. I have no love for Enterprise. If I, or my wife (she has a 2008 DTS), need a loaner in the future. we will insist on Cadillacs or nothing.

jlwilson33952
11-07-10, 03:24 PM
Took the CTS in for a repair and got a rental from Enterprise. I don't trust those crooks, but a free rental is a free rental. Anyway, upon picking it up, there is a unit under the windshield rear view mirror, looked like a camera or something. Did'nt look like a GM part. Anyone know of this thing? Is it something new, or some scam thing from Enterprise? Thanks? BTW I really missed XM during the rental.

Could be the headlight sensor - since 2006 I believe - there is a new button on the rear view mirror that senses oncoming headlights and auto dims the brights if there is oncoming traffic, or streetlights, or taillights etc. The button is on the far left of the mirror and pressing it on or off causes a small indicator light to come on and off.

tedcmiller
11-07-10, 04:09 PM
Ah yes. The famous automatic headlight dimmer. They took it away, then brought it back. My wife's 2008 DTS has it. I don't think she uses it.

Superjim
11-07-10, 09:38 PM
My 2006 has the automatic dimmer.
I think it works really well.

Jim

billdaman
11-08-10, 08:18 PM
Is headlight dimming available on the base dts?

Superjim
11-08-10, 08:34 PM
Is headlight dimming available on the base dts?

Not sure...but I don't think so.

Jim

Rantz_alot
11-10-10, 01:48 PM
I have this feature on my 2009 DTS Premium Luxury, Platinum Edition, it is one of my favorite features; it works great I hope they never take it away. The other favorite is the rain-sense wiper system, I use it a lot in the rainy season and I won't buy another car without this feature.

I deal with Enterprise with my dealer, and they always been very good with loaner car service, either a DTS, CTS, SRX