: What do you think of this deal for a 2010 ?

SHOWGIRL
11-02-10, 09:24 PM
Hello - -- any ideas regarding 'going-rate/price on a 2010 Premium with 11k miles? ...dealer asking $43K & can CPO-it... only 'option' is the 'lane departure/blind spot' think it's called ''driver awareness'' pkg.... Also what are the most 'favored' colors ?
we've never bought a used car...but after driving the DTS for the first time in our 'young (yeah, sure) lives, we were so impressed with the power,wonderful handling and fantastic ride not to mention the 'comfort' !!
Any suggestions/opinions on price /how to 'deal'/what to 'do' i.e...should we have it inspected by an independent mechanic?
All advised would be so appreciated ...Thank you all in advance !! :)

Mark58
11-02-10, 09:54 PM
Hello -- any ideas regarding price on a 2010 Premium with 11k miles? ...dealer asking $43K & can CPO-it.
It's 'white-diamond' tricoat or maybe ''ocean-pearl' (are they 'desired' colors?) ..with grey interior...going to see it tomorrow... only 'option' is the 'lane departure/blind spot' think it's called ''driver awareness'' pkg..LOL
we've never bought a used car...but after driving the DTS for the first time in our 'young (yeah, sure) lives, we were so impressed with the power,wonderful handling and fantastic ride !!
Any suggestions, etc. would be appreciated ...Thank you all in advance !! :)

Not many option on Premium,,ALL options are already on it,,,hence it's PREMIUM.I think new window price on that car is about $60,000. 11,000 miles to me is NEW.

SHOWGIRL
11-02-10, 10:10 PM
Not many option on Premium,,ALL options are already on it,,,hence it's PREMIUM.I think new window price on that car is about $60,000. 11,000 miles to me is NEW.
Hi - I think you are referring to the ''plantinum' - top of the line - that has 'everything' but you are correct - the Premium is also loaded... Thanks for your reply ......

MrZoSo
11-03-10, 01:22 AM
Well it's over retail. I'd Offer 38K with CPO "out the door" and see what happens. Good luck!

redimpss5
11-03-10, 03:37 AM
Do a Carfax before buying it! CPO or not, see what records it has. I have been to GM Arrive and drive events and REALLY beat on those cars and then they turn them over to local dealers with "low" miles. Also, some rentals will make the CPO list, and you don't even want to know how rentals are treated!

HartfordGuy
11-03-10, 07:08 AM
Not all rentals are beat to crap. Not many kids go rent a DTS or Towncar. Most are rented to tourists like myself or used for weddings etc. Now a rental Camaro or Mustang? That's a whole different story!

I wouldn't be afraid of an ex-rental luxury car. Especially one that had such low mileage.

As for price? I would do an online comparison at www.Cars.com and see what other similar DTSs are going for.

If I were to replace my Black DTS, i would look for a Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair or Black Cherry one.

SHOWGIRL
11-03-10, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=MrZoSo;2406329]Well it's over retail. I'd Offer 38K with CPO "out the door" and see what happens. Good luck![/
-------------------------------
Thanks so much for the great input !!! if this 'happens' i'll let you all know !! :thumbsup:
-

SHOWGIRL
11-03-10, 09:35 AM
Not all rentals are beat to crap. Not many kids go rent a DTS or Towncar. EXCELLENT POINT ! Most are rented to tourists like myself or used for weddings etc. Now a rental Camaro or Mustang? That's a whole different story!

I wouldn't be afraid of an ex-rental luxury car. Especially one that had such low mileage. O.K. - IT'LL HAVE A CPO ANYWAY ... AND WE'LL INSIST ON A CARFAX 'HISTORY' ...

As for price? I would do an online comparison at www.Cars.com and see what other similar DTSs are going for. O.K. DID THAT ...THANKS AGAIN

If I were to replace my Black DTS, i would look for a Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair or Black Cherry one. [COLOR="DarkRed"]I'D LOVE THAT TOO BUT NOT TOO ARE AVAILABLE FOR 2010 RESALE RIGHT NOW AND WE REALLY DON'T WANT TO WAIT ALLOWINGS OUR CURRENT CAR TO DEPRECIATE FURTHER - WE HAVE A 2010 CTS - 1,000K MILES ... LOVE THE CAR -IT'S AWESOME BUT - CAN'T COPE WITH THE SEATS --MANY THANKS

Superjim
11-03-10, 11:42 AM
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'D LOVE THAT TOO BUT NOT TOO ARE AVAILABLE FOR 2010 RESALE RIGHT NOW AND WE REALLY DON'T WANT TO WAIT ALLOWINGS OUR CURRENT CAR TO DEPRECIATE FURTHER - WE HAVE A 2010 CTS - 1,000K MILES ... LOVE THE CAR -IT'S AWESOME BUT - CAN'T COPE WITH THE SEATS --MANY THANKS

That is good info to have.
I have briefly considered a CTS...maybe even a "V"...but I have driven a couple of them when my car was in for service and I had the same thought about the seats.

I am afraid I wouldn't like the seats ...LONG TERM...

Texas Jim

SHOWGIRL
11-04-10, 08:20 AM
-----------------------------------------
It's expensive new for sure ! Would buying a 'rental agency' car (11k miles -in-service 5/20) bought by the dealer be inviting future problems? We've never done this & it turns out the one we're looking at is indeed from a car-rental agency .. Also,back left door difficult to open ! could than mean possible body-work was done i.e. accident? it's very 'clean'... thanks so much

Superjim
11-04-10, 09:04 AM
-----------------------------------------
It's expensive new for sure ! Would buying a 'rental agency' car (11k miles -in-service 5/20) bought by the dealer be inviting future problems? We've never done this & it turns out the one we're looking at is indeed from a car-rental agency .. Also,back left door difficult to open ! could than mean possible body-work was done i.e. accident? it's very 'clean'... thanks so much

In my opinion...
The vast majority of people that would pay to rent a DTS are not going to abuse it.
They would be mostly business people or someone on vacation.
Kids would be renting the smaller, more sporty cars to hot rod.

I "THINK" there is a service bulletin on the rear doors being hard to open.

If you think it may have had body damage...take it to a body shop and have them look at it.
They can tell you real quick, if it has been worked on.. :)

Remember...GET IT CPO.

Texas Jim

SHOWGIRL
11-04-10, 09:39 AM
In my opinion...
The vast majority of people that would pay to rent a DTS are not going to abuse it.
They would be mostly business people or someone on vacation.
Kids would be renting the smaller, more sporty cars to hot rod.

I "THINK" there is a service bulletin on the rear doors being hard to open.

If you think it may have had body damage...take it to a body shop and have them look at it.
They can tell you real quick, if it has been worked on.. :)

Remember...GET IT CPO.
Texas Jim
==========================
Hi - thanks for the above !! also -tried to find sevice bulletin on rear doors...to no avail but thanks for stating it doesn't necessarily indicate 'structural-damage'...Yes, if we purchase it would be 'conditional' on inspection by bodyshop..it is CPO'd . appreciate your kind help ! :thumbsup:

MrZoSo
11-04-10, 02:15 PM
I had the same problem with my rear left door. Dealer fix no problem.

SHOWGIRL
11-04-10, 06:59 PM
I had the same problem with my rear left door. Dealer fix no problem.
-------------------------
Thanks for your reply ... kind of 'threw' me - LOL

phroadrick
11-05-10, 01:01 AM
showgirl, that's not a bad deal on a 2010 with those miles. I work for a GM dealer and we have a 2010 DTS on the lot with 7K miles and we are asking $42,995. We are not a Cadillac dealer, so we can't certify it, but even if we could, we couldn't sell it for $38K like mr. Zoso says. There isn't a dealer out there that has that kind of markup on their cars.

As for it being an ex rental, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Most rental companies maintain their cars better than individuals and NO kids are going to be renting a DTS to beat on anyway. Can't blame you for wanting out of a CTS, I hate the seats in them as well.

Pull a Carfax and make sure it has no accidents reported. Oh, just so you know, the DTS recently got recommended again by Consumer Reports.

TulsaVic
11-05-10, 11:36 AM
I had all but the front passenger door stick when new. The drivers door was a real bugger. For that they had to replace the latch as they ran out of adjustment capability. The other doors were simply adjusted. Now the only one that kind of sticks is the right rear passenger door and that's probably because it gets opened about once every two or three months.....

Kenwood
11-05-10, 02:15 PM
Dealerships in the Suburbs of Chicago are advertising remaining 2010's for 25% off. Can't tell if it's a gimmick, but if not, that'd be around $15K off of a nicely loaded one.

Kenwood
11-05-10, 02:22 PM
As for it being an ex rental, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Most rental companies maintain their cars better than individuals and NO kids are going to be renting a DTS to beat on anyway.

I beg to differ - check out Cadillac DTS on You Tube and you'll find a few videos of DTS rentals being abused.

SHOWGIRL, there are literally, dozens of thousands of DTS's out there. Be patient, take some Advil for your rear-end and wait until you find the right car. Otherwise, you may end up right back where you are right now - with a car that you don't like.

Have a luxurious day,

Kenwood

MrZoSo
11-06-10, 12:03 AM
That's YOUR car...Please do not speak for ALL other dealers...A simple online search will find 100's of 2010 DTS cars with around 10K miles well under 40K.
For example...
Link to a yahoo local cadillac dealer search (http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/cadillac-dts-cars370196074?sortcol=price&sortdir=up&modelyearlb=2010&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=25000&deliverymileagelb=any&location=Howell%2C+NJ+07731&listingtype=used&model=dts&make=cadillac&distance=50)
Loaded, sold from a caddy dealer, and with the useless carfax..:canttalk:
Plenty of DTS's in the sea Showgirl...Good luck!

showgirl, that's not a bad deal on a 2010 with those miles. I work for a GM dealer and we have a 2010 DTS on the lot with 7K miles and we are asking $42,995. We are not a Cadillac dealer, so we can't certify it, but even if we could, we couldn't sell it for $38K like mr. Zoso says. There isn't a dealer out there that has that kind of markup on their cars.

As for it being an ex rental, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Most rental companies maintain their cars better than individuals and NO kids are going to be renting a DTS to beat on anyway. Can't blame you for wanting out of a CTS, I hate the seats in them as well.

Pull a Carfax and make sure it has no accidents reported. Oh, just so you know, the DTS recently got recommended again by Consumer Reports.

phroadrick
11-06-10, 02:51 AM
MsZoso, do you sell cars for a living?

SHOWGIRL
11-06-10, 10:34 AM
That is good info to have.
I have briefly considered a CTS...maybe even a "V"...but I have driven a couple of them when my car was in for service and I had the same thought about the seats.
I am afraid I wouldn't like the seats ...LONG TERM...Texas Jim
--------------------------------------
Thanks for your input - the CTS is a fantastic-riding car - we loved it !!! just couldn't cope with the seats - maybe 'younger' bodies - LOL but not at 'grandpa/grandma's age - :crying:

SHOWGIRL
11-06-10, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=phroadrick;2408174]showgirl, that's not a bad deal on a 2010 with those miles. I work for a GM dealer and we have a 2010 DTS on the lot with 7K miles and we are asking $42,995. We are not a Cadillac dealer, so we can't certify it, but even if we could, we couldn't sell it for $38K like mr. Zoso says. There isn't a dealer out there that has that kind of markup on their cars. GOOD TO HAVE YOUR INFORMATIN/OPINION ...

As for it being an ex rental, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Most rental companies maintain their cars better than individuals and NO kids are going to be renting a DTS to beat on anyway. Can't blame you for wanting out of a CTS, I hate the seats in them as well. THE CAR ITSELF (CTS) IS AMAZING - I'M BETTING CADDY CHANGES THE SEATS EVENTUALLY - AS I SAID IN THE OTHER POST-REPLY THEY'RE O.K. FOR THE 'YOUNGER-SET' - (BELOW 50 - LOL) ...
Pull a Carfax and make sure it has no accidents reported. Oh, just so you know, the DTS recently got recommended again by Consumer Reports.] FANTASTIC - YES WE'LL PUT A CAR-CHECK ON IT ..DEFINITELY AND WOULD GET IT FROM A CADDY DEALER ..MANY THANKS !

SHOWGIRL
11-06-10, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=Kenwood;2408494]I beg to differ - check out Cadillac DTS on You Tube and you'll find a few videos of DTS rentals being abused.
SHOWGIRL, there are literally, dozens of thousands of DTS's out there. Be patient, take some Advil for your rear-end and wait until you find the right car. Otherwise, you may end up right back where you are right now - with a car that you don't like.Have a luxurious day,
----------------------
OH DEAR - don't think i want to watch that video - LOL - but i'll consider the Advil - LOL appreciate your advices !! :)