: 2010 SRX VS DTS-anyone try both? Opinions?

SHOWGIRL
11-02-10, 06:43 AM
O.K. now that i've heard from you all regarding the SRX (which has greatly relieved our minds) ...is there anyone who tried both 2010 DTS 'and' the SRX ..
Just tested the DTS and found it awesome -today will be the SRX (non-turbo) - realize they are totally 'different' vehicles AND also know the DTS is discontinued after '11 but we keep a car 'forever' ...so, we have a choice to make ...course it's all so subjective ...but feedback helps also - thanks in advance !! :helpless:

Ponyman
11-02-10, 08:09 AM
Those two vehicles are on such opposite ends of the spectrum, that I would never consider both. the DTS is an old platform with proven technology and a proven engine. Essentially Grandma's car, or the mafia. The SRX is sporty, new, and still not 100% proven. I don't know how you could even compare the two to each other since they were built for totally different demographics.

SHOWGIRL
11-02-10, 12:39 PM
Those two vehicles are on such opposite ends of the spectrum, that I would never consider both. the DTS is an old platform with proven technology and a proven engine. Essentially Grandma's car, or the mafia. The SRX is sporty, new, and still not 100% proven. I don't know how you could even compare the two to each other since they were built for totally different demographics.
-----------------------
I see your point - i guess 'compare' was the wrong word ... should had rephrased it :
In each of it's 'class' are these both quality-cars? So whichever one chooses one of them would be a well-made vehicle.??? (i.e. unnecessary to leave the Caddy-line ?) thanks again

stevec5375
11-02-10, 05:37 PM

You got that right. I would never have considered a Caddy before they SRX redesign. I was looking at an Acura MDX when I discovered the SRX.

sube5186
11-03-10, 01:23 PM

EXACTLY!!! :thumbsup:

I just returned a 2011 DTS given to me as a loaner. The whole time I was driving it I kept thinking "this is grandpa's car". The ride was smooth and quiet and the vehicle seemed tight and well built, but the interior design was outdated and old fashioned. Instead of driving, I felt like I was "floating" down the street in a land yacht. The very first time I expressed any interest whatsoever in a Cadillac was when they released the first generation CTS. When they released the second version, I really took notice. By the time the SRX came out, I was in full "drool". :bouncy: I just don't see these two cars appealing to the same segment. The DTS is an old standard for those content with banality. Everything inside seemed reminiscent of those cars from the seventies. The Nav screen actually looked out of place in such a prehistoric interior. On the other hand, the SRX is sleek, sexy and ultramodern. Its sharp, angular lines make it look like it just landed from another planet. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
11-03-10, 11:51 PM
Dittos.

SS

Smokin' SRX
11-03-10, 11:53 PM
I drink both fine wine and Red Bull. Both are wet and satisfying but in very different ways. Depends on what you want/need on a regular basis for your lifestyle. I too had a loaner DTS for a day. Briefs VS boxers.........................

SS

SHOWGIRL
11-04-10, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=Smokin' SRX;2407321]I drink both fine wine and Red Bull. Both are wet and satisfying but in very different ways. Depends on what you want/need on a regular basis for your lifestyle. I too had a loaner DTS for a day. Briefs VS boxers.........................
------------------------------------
Excellent analogy ... thanks - totally agree ... each a fine car... depends on one's age also ... don't think grandma/pa would enjoy the SRX as much as you 'young'ens' which is o.k ... the srx is gorgeous however i don't think the DTS looks 'dated' inside ...it's 'modern' for the age-group it caters to and if grannie needs a 'barcalounger' ride due to old, sensitive bones (trust me, you'll get 'there' eventually also) then the DTS does the job with great beauty also ...... ...:yup:

Smokin' SRX
11-04-10, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Smokin' SRX;2407321]I drink both fine wine and Red Bull. Both are wet and satisfying but in very different ways. Depends on what you want/need on a regular basis for your lifestyle. I too had a loaner DTS for a day. Briefs VS boxers.........................
------------------------------------
Excellent analogy ... thanks - totally agree ... each a fine car... depends on one's age also ... don't think grandma/pa would enjoy the SRX as much as you 'young'ens' which is o.k ... the srx is gorgeous however i don't think the DTS looks 'dated' inside ...it's 'modern' for the age-group it caters to and if grannie needs a 'barcalounger' ride due to old, sensitive bones (trust me, you'll get 'there' eventually also) then the DTS does the job with great beauty also ...... ...:yup:

LOL You go Showgirl! Yes, it's a different sled completely. If you do get the SRX, pls consider a Luxury model with standard 18' wheels, as opposed to a Performance or Premium model, as the 20" wheels on the latter 2 ( Mandatory, I believe) are definitely a firmer ride than the DTS is.

FWIW....... the SRX doesn't require a Cruise Ship Capt. License to park or maneuver ... the DTS should! :thumbsup:

SS

SHOWGIRL
11-07-10, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=Smokin' SRX;2407551][QUOTE=SHOWGIRL;2407428]

LOL You go Showgirl! Yes, it's a different sled completely. If you do get the SRX, pls consider a Luxury model with standard 18' wheels, as opposed to a Performance or Premium model, as the 20" wheels on the latter 2 ( Mandatory, I believe) are definitely a firmer ride than the DTS is.

FWIW....... the SRX doesn't require a Cruise Ship Capt. License to park or maneuver ... the DTS should! :thumbsup:
-----------------------
Hello and thanks for your great input on my other 'threads' on this forum ...i think we're heading (since we're of the 'Geritol-age' -LOL ) towards the DTS, 2010 'Premium' trim....Also, since i 'tool around town' in a '93 Roadmaster Estate Wagon (''the trailways bus) + having driven it thru Wash. D.C. beltway in the past + 3,000K highway miles... with no trouble parking, turning, etc. (really handles like a kiddy-car) hopefully things will be similar in the DTS. When we got it & never having owned a wagon, the first time i drove that '93 wagon, upon glancing into the side -mirror i thought i was being tailgated - i'm not kidding ! LOL :yup: Many thanks again ! SG'

BlackDeVille
01-17-11, 10:30 PM
My 2008 DTS Lux III expired so I purchased a Luxury SRX. I had a 2005 Deville before the DTS. Both the big Caddy's are great road cars but I couldn't see spending 50K + for a car that's going away. The dealer told me the DTS had depreciated tremendously. Trade in value was less than 19K. We love the SRX, has a great ride and is very comfortable. I miss the V8 but the SRX seems to have enough power to get around. We also love the looks of the SRX. If you want a car that you can drive in for hours at a time get the DTS. I didn't have a single problem in the 3 years and 53K miles I had the car. I put nearly 80K miles on the Deville in 3 years and loved that car as well.

The technology in the SRX is much more advanced than the DTS. The new NAV and 6 speed trans are great.

And by the way, I'm over 60 so some of us "geezers" appreciate technology (I sell software) and a sharp looking vehicle.

drjdan
01-18-11, 12:03 AM
I agree on the tech improvements in the SRX. The nav with OnStar download of desitnations is great. I also have a 2008 STS and traded in a 2008 Escalade for the 2011 SRX. Just finished a 1900 mile business trip in the SRX. Very good on the road. The cruse control so much better than STS or Esclade. Just move to the desired speed and it goes with our having to notch up like on the others.