: Free 2011 Nav Disk

Pages : [1] 2

sims1dh
11-01-10, 10:48 PM
After having issues this weekend doing the vcim mod, I called a local dealer to see if a filmware upgrade was available for the navigation unit. The dealer told me try getting a new nav disk. I call 877 nav disk. To make a long story short I was able to get a new disk mailed out to me for free. They were asking 199 for the disk.

dciliberti
11-02-10, 10:07 AM
How?

hcvone
11-02-10, 02:15 PM
What was the magic word that worked?????

sims1dh
11-02-10, 10:01 PM
I called in and told them that my original disk was damaged. So I played like I just wanted to get a replacement disk and not and upgrade. They tried to tell me that I have to buy the new disk if mine was damaged. The next thing I know I was transfered to another rep. She asked me if I was the original owner and I lied and said I was. She then told me that they had a free offer that was sent out to original owners that had expired already but that she would honor it for me. If you need a disk I would call and act like you are calling about the offer that you received about a free upgrade. 877-nav-disk

login
11-03-10, 10:15 PM
Will try and let everyone know.

JZ_EXT
11-04-10, 10:43 AM
I gave it a try and they said I'd have to send them a scan of the flyer which states this promotion. Anyone have a copy of this "flyer" or "postcard"??

DTEK01
11-04-10, 12:13 PM
I just got a 2007 and I called them before this thread was started. I stated that I knew there was at least one free upgrade offered and that I wanted to see if the previous owner took it. Since I still have version 1.0 I figured they did not. Turns out I was eligable for 1 upgrade only and they are shipping me the latest 2011 disk.

Was very cool.

login
11-04-10, 06:55 PM
They asked me if I had taken advantage of the free upgrade and I said no and they check their records and could not find my vehicle. 2011 disk on it's way UPS. I must say, sure beat dealing with some customer service workers as these ladies I talked to today were so polite, helpful and spoke proper english that I did not have trouble deciphering.

Big Windy Ext
11-04-10, 07:10 PM
When I dealt with them same level of service Ö Great !! I had a free upgrade coming and didn't have to produce anything but the vin # . The offer to my understanding expired last December but sent mine out at no charge . Too bad the Yellow Pages solicitors aren't at least able to speak English , they call almost every day and become belligerent when we politely decline .

RippyPartsDept
11-04-10, 07:36 PM
i believe this promo was for 2006 & 2007 model year vehicles ... there were two free upgrades available ... the promo ended last year (i think) but theres another thread around here where people discuss getting the extension

it was supposed to follow the car, not the original owner (like the warranty) but i guess now that the promo is expired they want to make sure you're original owner (or something)

it's definitely worth a try though if you have a 2006 or 2007 vehicle

tiny73
11-05-10, 05:46 PM
I call this morning and reference the free upgrade even though it expired in 2009 they can do a one time upgrade. Mine is in the mail thanks for the info.

Cadddykid
11-05-10, 06:20 PM
I called too And the first time i called they didnt wana Give me an upgrade But i called again And they just sent
Me my upgrade! Thanx For the info guys!

mambro
12-14-10, 02:40 PM
+1 on the expired 12/2009 but "goodwill" one time free upgrade to the 2011 DVD on my 2007 ESV! She simply checked the VIN in their system and took my mailing information. I should have it in 5 to 10 business days. :thumbsup:

Lrotan
12-14-10, 03:45 PM
did anyone have the paperwork to go with the upgrade?

mambro
12-14-10, 03:55 PM
When I called there was a prompt to indicate if I was calling about a postcard I received in the mail. I did not. I just pushed enough buttons to talk to somebody about an order. The person did not ask about a postcard or any other documentation... just the VIN to check if I was in their system for the 1x goodwill upgrade. Very polite and easy process. No stories about a bad disc or postcard needed. :)

Lrotan
12-14-10, 04:42 PM
I just got mine on it's way so glad to have found this post....

Toddone
12-14-10, 07:38 PM
Just worked for me too! Took 45 mins on the phone but got my ver.9.3 in the mail today for FREE. Thanks

ESCALADE132
12-14-10, 10:16 PM
how did you get it for free and what year Escalade do you have? I have a 2008 and I tried to get a free one and they would not do it. Whats the trick? What did you say and did you get it at GM Nav Disc?

RippyPartsDept
12-15-10, 12:58 AM
you had to have a 2006 or 2007 model as I mentioned in post #10 (and others mentioned as well)

PreachRR
12-15-10, 02:50 AM
Could some one list the part number on the disc? Thanks

RippyPartsDept
12-15-10, 09:27 AM
Just go to http://gmnavdisc.com and pretend you're going to buy a new disc.
you'll plug in your vehicle's info (year, make, model)
it will tell you the part number of the current disc that they're selling for your vehicle

mambro
12-15-10, 10:02 AM
This is what they are sending out for the 2007. Notice that "Escalade" is not in the description, but it's the right one:

Item: 2011 Lucerne/Equinox/Acadia/Outlook/Torrent/Vue Navigation Disc
Item number: 20945286

RippyPartsDept
12-15-10, 11:10 AM
Often there's too many cars that take the same disc to list them all ... happens a lot

Bigjason
12-15-10, 07:47 PM
Will this work on any other year except 07 ?

RippyPartsDept
12-15-10, 08:53 PM
to sum up:

2006 & 2007 were the only years that GM offered two free nav upgrades...

they were supposed to be one each year... so the 2006 offer ended a couple years ago while the 2007 ended about a year ago

the nav disc center is being nice and still letting people get a free upgrade if they never got one
(basically extending the time frame for your free upgrade, but that will surely end soon as well)

if you don't have a 2006 or 2007 year model theres no way you're going to get a free upgrade.

evois
12-16-10, 12:32 PM
this work only on the 2007 right? I got the 2009 escalade hybrid and bought it new in 09/2009. what is the version of the 2009 nav disc. any inputs? thanks!

mambro
12-16-10, 12:52 PM
The thread is about the possibility of 2006 and 2007 owners getting the 2011 DVD update for free. Your 2009 would still take the same part number for the DVD itself, but you would need to pay for it. You can verify what disc you need at gmnavdisc.com :)

DancingPaul
12-16-10, 02:49 PM
Since you go the disk for free, how 'bout maybe posting a .torrent of it so that we can all share in your excitement? :)

mambro
12-16-10, 04:24 PM
This has been brought up before... and it's not a real good option:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/212259-anyone-have-2011-nav-disc-20945286-a.html

(See last post in that thread.)

DancingPaul
12-16-10, 04:41 PM
Oops. Forget I mentioned it.

Plus if you really wanted to get it there's plenty of other site you could do a search for it.

BDEVLIN
12-21-10, 03:52 PM
Just placed my order. Thanks so much for the info..Tis the Season..

jsw5620
12-22-10, 09:40 AM
Just purchased my 07 on Monday :bouncy: . Which option are you guys pushing when calling, 1 for the postcard you got in the mail or 2 for placing an order? I just called and used option 2 for placing an order but the lady on the phone told me no dice :hmm: I guess I will try again later to see if I will get another rep.

mambro
12-22-10, 12:29 PM
I did option 2. I said something along the lines of "I figure it's about time I call in to get the free update disc..." and go from there. Looking over some of these posts, it does seem to vary by the person you get on the other end of the phone. Mine quickly asked what model year and then explained that the program ended December of LAST year, but they would do a goodwill thing. That's when you get to the most important question. "Can I have your VIN?" If the previous owner has already claimed an upgrade (or two), you will be out of luck. My VIN was not in their system, so it worked out for me.

hdmech
12-22-10, 07:21 PM
I received my 2011 disc , no charge , I emailed them from the Navdisc site and within hours they responded asking for my shipping info. The previous owner had not taken advantage of the update disc(s).

emoerman
12-23-10, 05:52 PM
Tried yesterday, was turned down, "sir that promotion was over last year". After reading this post, will try again next week and hope for someone new on the other end of the line.

jsw5620
12-24-10, 12:13 AM
I just called back today and spoke with someone and I am hoping they hooked me up after being turned down on the first try. Seems everything went through but will be Monday before I know for sure because the Nav Disc group (I guess who ships them out) is closed until then. I got a case number and the lady said she would call Monday to confirm Monday that it is going out.

From what I was told on both calls, it doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not. Just as long as an update hasn't been sent out on your VIN.

Big Windy Ext
12-26-10, 11:43 AM
I wonder if they would do a second update since owners were entitled to two ? It never hurts to ask , the 2010 upgrade has had me arguing with my Lade when she comes up with a ridiculous solution for getting to some places like running 3 miles to the west and running parallel to the interstate even though she's told tollroads and fastest route , then she keeps carrying on about turning around or trying to get back to some third world road , dumb ##### wants to shop antiques or something .

jsw5620
01-03-11, 04:59 PM
Just received my update disc today :yup:

keshaunm
01-04-11, 06:32 PM
I just got my 2011 disc ordered today. I got a free updated disc back in 2009 so I thought I was going to get turned down for this one. I called the 888 # and told them I was calling to get the free updated disc. They asked for my VIN #, did some type of verification then took my shipping info and said I should be receiving my disc in 7 to 10 days. Thanks OP!!!! Does anyone know what the difference about the 2011 disc?

endrust
01-06-11, 01:37 PM
If anyone is willing to ship me their old Navigation Disc I would be more than happy to pay for postage. I bought a 2008 Esclade and it does not have the Naviagation Disc. BTW the Escalade is spectacular! I can't beleive that an SUV is more fun to drive than a Jaguar convertible!

stephenstay
01-07-11, 03:36 AM
It's posts with value like this that make it worth supporting this site. Emailed Navdisc yesterday and my complementary disk is on the way today. Thanks for the information. Free is a very good price.
SS

mambro
01-07-11, 06:24 PM
It's posts with value like this that make it worth supporting this site. Emailed Navdisc yesterday and my complementary disk is on the way today. Thanks for the information. Free is a very good price.
SS

Big "+1" there. This thread alone was worth my becoming a "Supporting Member" on this site. :yup:

rjherrmann
01-10-11, 04:19 PM
Ha! I just called and they are sending me a 2011 update today! Wow, great find guys/gals, absolutely made my Monday SO much better than it started. Cheers!

ESCALADE132
01-10-11, 09:48 PM
for all of you that are getting the FREE update 2011 disc do you have a 2007? Or different years I have a 2008 will it work with a 2008?

RippyPartsDept
01-10-11, 09:59 PM
2006 and 2007 only... i'm very surprised that people are still getting free updates... but if you manage to get one then all the power to ya!

mowglie
01-10-11, 11:41 PM
Worked for me too

Joja Boi
01-11-11, 06:15 PM
Just got off the phone with them. Gave my VIN and they're sending the 2011 disk free! :D

Coop
01-11-11, 10:28 PM
Has anyone in Canada tried this yet?

Playdrv4me
01-13-11, 04:41 AM
Mine is missing the disc, guess I'll give this a shot tomorrow.

flannery
01-13-11, 11:25 AM
My disk is on the way. Very easy. Thanks for the info!

stephenstay
01-18-11, 06:19 AM
Has anyone in Canada tried this yet?

Yes, and my disk arrived last week via UPS no charge.

Plroweny
01-20-11, 05:26 PM
It worked for me too! The dealer wanted $300 for a new DVD. I said no thanks. Glad I jumped on this forum today, you guys rock!

mambro
01-20-11, 05:48 PM
It worked for me too! The dealer wanted $300 for a new DVD. I said no thanks. Glad I jumped on this forum today, you guys rock!

WOW! Seeing as the DVD is $200 mailed directly to your door, that's an especially bad price from that dealer. :bonkers:

RippyPartsDept
01-21-11, 09:27 AM
yeah, we tell all our customers to buy the disc directly from GMnavDisc.com

ESCALADE132
01-21-11, 11:43 PM
There is no way I can get a free one if I oWn a 2008 right? Does the new 2O11 disc have better routes and not run you all Around the wrong ways

smorgan
01-24-11, 06:38 PM
they wouldn't send me one and mine is shot anyone want to get rid of their old one? Can one be copied?
Sean

Rolex
01-24-11, 10:02 PM
they wouldn't send me one and mine is shot anyone want to get rid of their old one? Can one be copied?
Sean

DO NOT discuss copying of copyrighted materials here unless you'd like me to drop your contact information to the FBI's cyber crime division. :rules: :tisk:

It is perfectly legal to make a back up copy for yourself, but you may not exchange/trade/sell those copies.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Selling pirated software is a crime:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/levy2rls.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NET_Act

The NET Act makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted works, such as software programs and musical recordings, even if the defendant acts without a commercial purpose or for private financial gain.

"The term 'financial gain' includes receipt, or expectation of receipt, of anything of value, including the receipt of other copyrighted works.'

Josuave
01-24-11, 11:46 PM
No luck for me. They straight told me that GM is no longer offering the free upgrade

mambro
01-25-11, 12:26 AM
Sean

Sean,

If your DVD is no longer reading correctly, you might contact the folks at
gmnavdisc.com about sending you an exact replacement for the DVD you have, probably at minimal cost since it is defective. The model/version number should be printed on the face of the disc.

:noidea:

Joesuave,
If you have a 2006/2007 model, you can try calling them and hopefully get a different operator or try emailing them. Seems to be hit or miss for folks getting the "goodwill" freebie.

:)

SCBeachBum
01-25-11, 10:35 AM
I called them and after talking to two different people for about a total of 10 minutes my new 2011 disc is on its way. They were very nice and helpful, all I had to furnish was the VIN No. I am so glad I saw this thread. It saved me a bundle with very little effort on my part....

smorgan
01-25-11, 09:13 PM
Yes I ment for myself.... I never take the disk out but it is hammered???? I guess the other ownerr must have taken it out once in a while. Im thinking I might try to make a back up copy and see if it reads. What I want to know is if the nave unit took a dump.

paperchase4life
01-25-11, 11:26 PM
Emailed them last Tuesday, arrived today in the mail. Now I have 2010 and 2011 copy... :lildevil:

worpdrive
01-27-11, 12:28 PM
Thanks for this post!
I called the number and followed the prompts for the Navigation update. When I got to an operator, I told them I got a post card for a Nav update. When they asked for the post card number, I replied I didnít have it in front of me but did have the Vin number. I gave them the Vin number and they said I we eligible, so they took down my address and mailed me a 2011 Nav update dvd. WooooWhooo!

Canuck714
01-30-11, 01:57 PM
OK, as others have done, I too called NavDisk and got the free "goodwill" disk sent. When it got here I ejected the 2007 Nav Disk (version 1.0) and installed the new Nav disk (version 9.3) Loads and sends error message that the disk is not a map disk!!!! Clearly written on the front of new disk is MAP DISK... What gives?? Anyone else have this issue?

RippyPartsDept
01-30-11, 04:40 PM
canuck, call up the navdisc center and see what they have to say about it... the disc could be bad (or maybe you need a software update)

Dave DiGabriele
01-31-11, 05:43 PM
I received mine today thanks for the heads up.

Canuck714
02-01-11, 01:44 PM
Rip,

Nav Disk said take it to the dealer and see if the disk is in fact bad. If its not the disk, how do I get the software update?

RippyPartsDept
02-01-11, 03:30 PM
if the disc isn't bad the nav unit could be bad... the dealer will try to update the software (if there is an update) as part of the steps to diagnose if the nav unit is bad

i assume they'll just swap the disc at first to see if the disc from another truck (that they know works) will work in yours... if it does then that's a good indication that the disc is bad... if it doesn't then it's likely that the unit is bad (either needing an update or replacement)

now that i'm thinking about this a bit more i'm leaning towards a software problem being the least likely culprit (and therefore a update won't really help) - it's more likely a hardware problem with the disc drive or some other electrical part failing

Canuck714
02-01-11, 06:07 PM
Funny thing is, the Caddy disk that it came with in 07 works fine. I put it back in so we could still have Nav, so I cant see it as a unit problem. Lets hope for software update.

RippyPartsDept
02-01-11, 06:45 PM
Yeah that sounds like a bad disc (but i guess it could be software too) ... did you tell the navdisc center people that you were able to get your old disc to work?

Canuck714
02-01-11, 07:42 PM
yep. Thats why they think it software... we will see.

RichieRich
02-02-11, 08:23 AM
I tried this... No dice! LOL... They told me it ended in 2009 & that was that... I'll call back...

smorgan
02-02-11, 12:13 PM
I had to call back but I still have a read error with the new disk so it's got to go in Monday

RichieRich
02-03-11, 10:50 PM
It worked! You guys were right... I called back a second time and they said ok, no problem and sent it right out! Thanks for sharing this great info!

magnumforc
02-14-11, 01:05 AM
Does anyon know whether the disk is VIN dependent or whether the ID authorization code will allow the disk to work on multiple vehicles? I note the VIN is printed on the paperwork that comes with the disks along with the authorization code, so wonder if the same disk is good in a number of vehicles? The salesman at my dealership says they will simply order one disk and then use it in all the cars needing an upgrade. If so, what prevents a group ordering just one disk?

mambro
02-14-11, 03:32 PM
Does anyon know whether the disk is VIN dependent or whether the ID authorization code will allow the disk to work on multiple vehicles? I note the VIN is printed on the paperwork that comes with the disks along with the authorization code, so wonder if the same disk is good in a number of vehicles? The salesman at my dealership says they will simply order one disk and then use it in all the cars needing an upgrade. If so, what prevents a group ordering just one disk?

For my '07 ESV, the VIN was only important to gmnavdisc.com to verify that the correct disc was sent. The same part number is used on several GM vehicles. Insert the DVD it does an update of some sort the 1st time only and away you go. No auth code to enter for me. BUT... if the disc is not in the drive all you would have on the screen is a fancy compass function. No disc = no navigation since the DVD is read as you drive.

Maybe it works different in later model years? :confused:

Escalade08
02-14-11, 05:30 PM
RichieRich...can you please tell me exactly what you told Nav disk when you called since you seem to be the most recent to try this...thanks!

RippyPartsDept
02-14-11, 07:01 PM
there's almost zero chance that you'll get a free disk since it was only 2006 and 2007 year models that had the free disk updates as part of the new car sales promotions

Mha
02-16-11, 03:51 PM
called today and scored! Thought it was going good. He took my name and info and put me on hold. Came back and said it expired in 09 so I started rambaling about how I was told by my dealer that I had a free upgrade. Told me to hold while he made a call to see if original owner had gotten a free up grade. Came back and well lets say my disk will ship in 7-10 days :)

Escalade08
02-17-11, 02:52 PM
Mha...what year is your Escalade?

mjb581
02-17-11, 04:59 PM
ordered my free upgrade disk today, sure beats paying $199

Mha
02-18-11, 02:54 PM

Escalade08
02-18-11, 04:15 PM
does this thing not work for 2008 Escalades? Has anyone with an 08 did this?

mambro
02-18-11, 04:25 PM
does this thing not work for 2008 Escalades? Has anyone with an 08 did this?

The disc itself works just fine in a 2008 as well. The point you are missing is that the "free" or "goodwill" update is (was) ONLY for 2006 & 2007 model years... as Rippy replied:

there's almost zero chance that you'll get a free disk since it was only 2006 and 2007 year models that had the free disk updates as part of the new car sales promotions

RippyPartsDept
02-18-11, 04:38 PM
does this thing not work for 2008 Escalades? Has anyone with an 08 did this?Short answer: No

Long answer below

2006 and 2007 only... i'm very surprised that people are still getting free updates... but if you manage to get one then all the power to ya!

The thread is about the possibility of 2006 and 2007 owners getting the 2011 DVD update for free. Your 2009 would still take the same part number for the DVD itself, but you would need to pay for it. You can verify what disc you need at gmnavdisc.com :)

to sum up:

2006 & 2007 were the only years that GM offered two free nav upgrades...

they were supposed to be one each year... so the 2006 offer ended a couple years ago while the 2007 ended about a year ago

the nav disc center is being nice and still letting people get a free upgrade if they never got one
(basically extending the time frame for your free upgrade, but that will surely end soon as well)

if you don't have a 2006 or 2007 year model theres no way you're going to get a free upgrade.

you had to have a 2006 or 2007 model as I mentioned in post #10 (and others mentioned as well)

i believe this promo was for 2006 & 2007 model year vehicles ... there were two free upgrades available ... the promo ended last year (i think) but theres another thread around here where people discuss getting the extension

it was supposed to follow the car, not the original owner (like the warranty) but i guess now that the promo is expired they want to make sure you're original owner (or something)

it's definitely worth a try though if you have a 2006 or 2007 vehicle

The disc itself works just fine in a 2008 as well. The point you are missing is that the "free" or "goodwill" update is (was) ONLY for 2006 & 2007 model years... as Rippy replied:

emoerman
02-20-11, 10:52 AM
After 2 different phone calls being told the promo ended in '09, I finally have the new disc after utilizing the email portion of the NavDisc website. I have an '07 EXT.

samw
02-21-11, 07:11 AM
How long did it take to get? I was told via email and received email confirmation but haven't seen the disk yet :( I received the email on the 9th. Maybe not a go?

emoerman
02-21-11, 09:43 AM
I emailed NavDisc the 12th, got an email confirmation on Monday the 14th. My disc showed up Saturday the 19th. It shipped from Michigan and I live in Iowa.

xircom2000
02-22-11, 03:43 AM
i called on Friday and they said no sorry the promo ended. called again and she said sure no problem, we will ship one out to you for free. Will this make my navigation look different more updated ? or will it just be updated POI ?

RippyPartsDept
02-22-11, 09:17 AM
New map updates and added POIs ... that's probably all there is to it, but there might be a software update too (although it may not be noticeable)

Mha
02-22-11, 12:43 PM
thanks guys, I love this forum. Good info, kind people willing to help, and free nav cds :)

Ps: hot mine in a weeks time

Mha
02-22-11, 01:00 PM
Any body know how many updates they make a year? The one thats came with my 07ext was 1.0 and the new i just got is 9.3

samw
02-22-11, 08:19 PM
How long did it take to get? I was told via email and received email confirmation but haven't seen the disk yet :( I received the email on the 9th. Maybe not a go?

My disk just came in the mail. I am sure glad I came across this post! Saved $200
Thanks everyone.

spaceboyusa
03-14-11, 12:26 PM
Just picked up a 2007 ESV on Thursday, came across this thread on Friday late, talked to GM Nav Disc 10 minutes back and my free upgrade is coming in the mail! WOO HOO!

It did take me 4 calls in to the 877 number as they kept bouncing me back and forth between the "main" folks and the "order" folks but I got someone on the "orders" side the last time around that apologized for the hassle and said "she'd take care of me"...and boy did she!

ATyson
03-17-11, 06:09 PM
Called 877NAVDISC and was told I was not eligible. I lied and said it was impossible b/c I am original owner. She told me to call Cadillac Customer Care 800.458.8006. I told the lady I was original owner and NAVDISC people informed me I was not eligible. She asked me the same questions: address/phone number/VIN/ etc. Put me on hold. Came back a couple minutes later and said we will send the NAV DISC this one time for free. SILLY!

RippyPartsDept
03-17-11, 06:42 PM
they can tell that you lied... but i'm pretty sure their 'handbook' says to give you a free update to make you a 'happy customer'

brentspatriots
03-18-11, 11:07 PM
are you all talking about the nav disk that runs the GPS nav? I dont understand what filware is and why you need the upgrade for the VCIM? obvious newb here lol

halfnoon2002
03-19-11, 08:21 PM
I just sent them an email, then they repied asking for my vin....four days later, I have 9.3 :D

brentspatriots
03-19-11, 09:51 PM
I just sent them an email, then they repied asking for my vin....four days later, I have 9.3 :D

what email address?

halfnoon2002
03-19-11, 10:16 PM
http://www.gmnavdisc.com/contact-us.asp?lang=en

brentspatriots
03-20-11, 12:22 AM
http://www.gmnavdisc.com/contact-us.asp?lang=en

i filled out the info on the link and then it said the specified URL cannot be found...or something along those lines., i guess ill wait until monday and call

tlawrence7808
03-21-11, 05:35 PM
I just put my order in.....I told them I just got back from doing 18 months oversees.....asked for my vin and I was eligible...should receive 5-10 days

marcus769
04-02-11, 01:20 AM
i filled out the info on the link and then it said the specified URL cannot be found...or something along those lines., i guess ill wait until monday and call

Yeah, same luck Im having... I feel like they've disabled it?

MrHolland
04-02-11, 04:56 AM
Is there that much difference between 2010 disc and the current disk offered?

BugSlayer
04-07-11, 11:11 AM
Yesteday I called the nav disc people-I was told that the "free" disc program ended in December of 2009. Talked to 3 different people and got the same answer. I then called Cadillac customer support and got the same answer. I tried to email the nav disc people and got the error message like above. I also emailed Cadillac customer support, but no answer as of yet. What gives? Is the program still in effect or are some of you just lucky?
UPDATE: The link to GM Nav Disc in the post above will not work, BUT if you go to their web site and then to the contact page it will work. At least it just did for me. Now to wait for theri response.

purduecmpe
04-07-11, 05:25 PM
Called this morning and was brushed off... Entered my info on the website after the call and a few hours later I got an email confirming my free 2011 nav disc was on the way! SWEET THANKS OP! I have a 2007 Escalade with original nav disc FYI...

Nixin
04-07-11, 06:45 PM
Hello all. I am new to this forum but not new to Cadillac products. I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up regarding the 2010 nav disc. I ordered mine on Monday morning and it showed up, via UPS, yeterday morning. That was fast considering it had to clear customs and make its way from Michigan to Toronto. Cheers to all!!!

Eric Hagan
04-29-11, 08:51 AM
I sent them a email and they asked for my vin and address. Within a hour I had a reply stating my nav disc was on the way.
Thanks to all that posted.
Eric Hagan

balladw
04-29-11, 12:08 PM
called today, told me it ended in 09

purduecmpe
04-29-11, 04:16 PM
Told me the same thing, so I went to the website and they sent me one right out... They never seemed to notify whomever is running the website...

PreachRR
04-29-11, 06:40 PM
YAY! Just got one ordered after several attempts mine is on the way. I already have a used one that I bought of eBay for way too much. so I will most likely sell it back on eBay. I have tried like three different times and this was the first time it worked.

matthones
04-30-11, 12:28 PM
Hmmmm, went to the website and used the "contact us" link so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the info thus far.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-02-11, 02:59 PM
Glad to see everyone is getting their free Navigation Disks. I hope for a quick turn around time for all of you. If any of you have any issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

matthones
05-03-11, 12:22 AM
Just read the thread yesterday, went to the website, used the contact us link, they asked for my address this morning and they replied an hour later saying disc was on the way. Thanks for the heads up.

408ESV
05-03-11, 12:30 AM
will an 08 Escalade qualify for this nav cd upgrade? Also what did you guys state in your email?

RippyPartsDept
05-03-11, 12:58 AM
nope... '06 and '07 were the only years that this promo was offered

doubtful you could still get it to work for and '06 but it seems '07s are having some luck

JimmydaGreek
05-06-11, 02:59 PM
Woohoo! Just got of the phone and mine's on the way. Thanks to all who posted and the results.

Eric Hagan
05-08-11, 11:07 AM
Got mine and it works. Thanks to whoever started this post and for saving me 200 dollars. 

matthones
05-08-11, 11:34 PM
Just got mine, took about 4 days for shipping. Thanks for the savings.

blkEsc
05-17-11, 12:12 AM
I know there is 8 pages of everyone getting this but what exactly are you saying in the email to them on their contact us page in order to get the free disk? Just want to make sure I say whatever needs to be said so I can make it as easy as possible. Thanks in advance.

Xtreme70SS
05-23-11, 07:21 PM
I'm having some trouble getting the update myself. Any help in what you guys are saying would also be appreciated.

mrgoat
06-09-11, 11:52 AM
has anyone tried to rip the dvd and make a backup? Will the unit read a backup dvd?

RippyPartsDept
06-09-11, 02:02 PM
the answer to that question lies in the grey areas of copyright law
... it has been answered and whole threads have been dedicated to it on this site before so i will just leave it at that

find your answers on your own at your own legal risk

uptown
06-09-11, 03:24 PM
I was able to call and get a new Nav disc. Thank you.

mrgoat
06-09-11, 07:44 PM
the answer to that question lies in the grey areas of copyright law
... it has been answered and whole threads have been dedicated to it on this site before so i will just leave it at that

find your answers on your own at your own legal risk

Thank you for the indirect response lol.

Someone with a disc image please pm me...

Xtreme70SS
06-09-11, 10:11 PM
I was able to call and get a new Nav disc. Thank you.

PLEASE expound on what you told them, etc. Thanks! Been through all kinds of hoops with zero results, including PM'ing the stated Cadillac service rep on here.

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the indirect response lol.

Someone with a disc image please pm me...

You're very welcome

mrgoat
06-10-11, 10:54 AM
PLEASE expound on what you told them, etc. Thanks! Been through all kinds of hoops with zero results, including PM'ing the stated Cadillac service rep on here.

I called and spoke with Antoinette and she confirmed that the offer ended in 09. No luck here. I have at 08 ESV with the V 1.0 disc. Anyone have a spare 2011 disc i can "borrow"

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 11:55 AM
ONCE AGAIN: the offer was only for 2006 and 2007 GM vehicles with navigation ... if you don't have a 2006 or a 2007 then there is ZERO chance of getting a free disc

if you have a 2006 it is very unlikely that you will get a free disc after this much time has passed on the promotion
some people with 2007s are still able to get the free update disc but that will soon become next to impossible as it currently is for the 2006 models

mrgoat
06-10-11, 12:17 PM
I can understand why there is acutoff on the 2007 Model year vehicles but i don't comprehend why only those vehicles are offered the disc. The website lists the same update for both the 07 and 08 ESV. I'm pretty sure there was not a version less that v 1.0 ever distributed.

/rant off

Still looking for a used 20945286 disc if anyone has one...

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 01:00 PM
2006 and 2007 model year new cars (with nav) had a special promotion (as part of the new car sale)

the promotion was for two free nav disc updates (supposed to be for the next two years, but GM has apparently allowed it for every other year... or so)

fmfa0801
06-10-11, 04:00 PM
Ok after reading this I sent them a email saying that I wanted the free updated Nav disk. They told me it ended in 2009 and no longer do this. Then I replied that I have talked to people and that they still are getting the free updated disk from the website. They asked for a VIN# & address. Then replied that they were going to send me a one time only courtesy disk. Sweet! Only took a day. Thanks guys!

trich24
07-29-11, 12:26 PM
I called said the disk I have isn't working. Then was asked if I wanted to buy a new one and said I thought there may be a replacement option. Got Vin and mailing info checked system and said there was a program for 06/07 vehicles but it 12/31/09 Expired but offered me a 1 time exception. Got one on its way! Any future updates are out of my pocket though

jones850
08-01-11, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.

MrHolland
08-01-11, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.
A man with integrity, I can appreciate that. It gives me just a little but of hope.......

RippyPartsDept
08-01-11, 11:10 PM

i understand your cost argument, but what's with the rest of the post? who are you talking to?

trich24
08-04-11, 12:00 PM
jones850 Why you chose this thread to post since sitting dormant since 07 makes sense you want to come across as a honest person to some random strangers....sorry we aren't going to give you our approval or compliment you on what a great person you are and this isn't dts forum maybe they can help you....

Not sure who your post was directed at but keep you bs out of here.

Hope you got your answer go spend the $100 on ebay most of us can afford it too.... That's not the problem

You don't know who any of us are and where our moral compass lands so see ya chat room tough guy

Toddstun
08-04-11, 03:05 PM
I just saw this and tried it. I was told it expired in Dec of 09. I mentioned that I had friends that had the offer honored up until Dec of 2010 and was told I would have to contact GM directly.

trich24
08-04-11, 03:39 PM
Not sure if you saw my post last week

I called said the disk I have isn't working. Then was asked if I wanted to buy a new one and said I thought there may be a replacement option. Got Vin and mailing info checked system and said there was a program for 06/07 vehicles but it 12/31/09 Expired but offered me a 1 time exception. Got one on its way! Any future updates are out of my pocket though

Fri the system was down the lady then called me Monday 8/1 and said I contacted them today its on its way expect it in 5-7 days

I would call again and tell them you need a replacement you don't need the upgrade. I didn't and they came back and told me what I posted above.

if that doesn't work try again

felixgun
08-24-11, 02:11 PM
This deal still works guys!!!

I called and told them that I had the original disk and needed the upgraded disk because I was told I was eligible for the upgrade. When he asked how I knew about it I told him I got a post card in the mail but was at work so didn't have it with me. He said that's fine and put in on hold for at least five minutes. When he returned, he told me the deal ended December of 08 but as a ONE TIME courtesy, they would honor it and send me the 2011 Navigation disk free of charge. He took my address down and gave me a confirmation number. He said it will take 5-10 business days to get here!

Nguyen85
08-24-11, 04:38 PM
I just called and told them a similar story to Felixgun and after being transfer to 6 different departments they finally told me that they will not honor me the new disk because the promotion had already expired. So i will have to pay for the new disk.

Rolex
08-24-11, 10:06 PM

Your first post in 4 years.....thanks for the contribution. :pwn:

felixgun
08-25-11, 02:29 AM
I just called and told them a similar story to Felixgun and after being transfer to 6 different departments they finally told me that they will not honor me the new disk because the promotion had already expired. So i will have to pay for the new disk.

Really? You need to call back and hope you get a different rep. Tell them you have the original disk and was calling about the upgrade. When they ask where you heard about it, tell them about the post card like said earlier in this thread (but you were at work and you didn't have it... (allegedly). I just did what I gathered from reading the whole thread above and sure enough it worked... also is yours an 07? I think that's also a must.

JP's07Escalade
08-29-11, 03:04 PM
I have a 2007 escalade. Just called the 1-877-NAV-DISK, pressed "0" to get a rep. Told her that I have a NAV system and the disk is no longer working. That I took my truck to the dealer and that I was told that the disk was bad. But that since I had the original 2007 disk that i should call for the free upgrade. They checked my VIN and confirmed that I never received an update and was told that I was getting a one time courtesy 2011 update disk since I never received one.

Do tell them you are the original owner.

If you have a 2007 Escalade i suggest you call.

Nixin
08-30-11, 08:55 PM
It still works folks. I got my new disk back in April.

felixgun
08-31-11, 01:57 AM
Just got mine in the mail today. It shipped out last Wednesday. I can't believe they are just handing these out still. Great free one time courtesy!

Nguyen85
08-31-11, 10:40 PM
So after being on the phone with them for hours without any good result. I went ahead and emailed them explaining how the dealership and many other 07 owners saying how i should recieve one free courtesy upgrade for my 2007 if i have never taken one. They replied asking for my address and today they sent me a comfirmation for one free disc and saying i should recieve it 7-10 business days. :cool: thanks everyone

torr714
09-29-11, 11:24 AM
Just spoke to navidisk told them I wasn't the the original owner and had original disk they checked the vin and are sending it to me for free thanks for all your posts i almost was going to buy one

NRich
10-12-11, 05:16 PM
Just spoke with GM navdisc. Told them I bought 2007 last year and was inquiring about an update that I am eligible for. I mentioned that the dealer and several of my friends said that I should contact navdisc bc I should get an upgrade for free. Gave VIN. Told rep that I did not buy the ESV new, but I have the original 2007 disc. I was placed on hold numerous times. Several times the rep came back asking for more info: my addy, miles on car, where purchased, etc. She often told me that it was an expired promotion that I am no longer eligible for since it ended a long time ago and that letters had been sent stating the cutoff dates. I politely persisted. I told her that the rep in the disc ordering dept (the rep that transferred me to customer care dept) said that even though the cutoff dates had passed that they may offer me a 1 time courtesy. I mentioned how my friends had been successful with the courtesy upgrade. Again, I was placed on hold for about 5 mins while the cust care rep did "one last check" to see what she could do, but told me she couldn't promise me anything. Finally, she came back with the great news: As a one time courtesy GM NavDisc will mail me the updated 2011 disc. She gave me an order # & a reference # for the call and said I should get my disc in about 1 week.

Wow! Thanks guys. This deal yet lives. I had to call 4 times, and stay patient, polite and persistent. It paid off.

RippyPartsDept
10-12-11, 06:08 PM
time is money once again

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-12-11, 06:21 PM
NRich,
I am glad that they did this for you! Let us know when you get it and how the upgrade works out for you!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Merge
10-12-11, 06:27 PM
The price they charge for upgrades is outrageous.
It should be free. :mad2:

RippyPartsDept
10-12-11, 06:40 PM
check the pricing for nav upgrades for other luxury brands... then we'll talk who's more reasonable with their pricing

black_asp
10-14-11, 03:10 PM
This just worked for me on my 2008 Escalade...less than five minutes on the phone...

Told them my disc occasionally gave me an error and my dealer told me to call 877-NAV-DISK...tell them you are the original owner.

teefrieson
10-14-11, 10:25 PM
This just worked for me. Told them my disc game me an error and I was the original owner. They gave me an option of getting the 2011 disc. or get the 2012 disc. the new disc has 20% upgrade from 2011. I choose the 2012 which is on back order but will shipout when they become available.

NRich
10-19-11, 08:23 PM
Just got my 2011 disk as promised. Works like a charm. It did a 10 min update when I inserted disk and then worked as expected. This was a very easy transaction that I am so thankful to this forum for giving me the info. You all ROCK!

gpiquer
10-25-11, 10:43 AM
Yes I did yesterday :( without any luck :( . I talked to NAV US and they transfer to NAV CANADA where they have a confuse message depend on which person pick the phone ... One told me to go to the closest dealership and pick the DVD up , of course I called them and they says No way we can give you a free DVD eve thought I explained that mine was never claimed by the original owner and NAV Canada has a tracking as "Open" and waiting for the Owner to pick it up ( Until then I was keeping my hope alive ...:). The second one, told me that the promotion was expired 3 years ago and If I need one I have to buy no " goodwill" or any consideration involved :( . So to make this history short I don't think I will get the free DVD anytime soon.

ahmaduhhs
10-25-11, 11:07 AM
will this same process work if i called about my 2003 sts 56k?

RippyPartsDept
10-25-11, 01:00 PM
no... the free discs were a new car promotion for 2006 and 2007 models ... those years are the only years that the free discs were available ... as noted its becoming very hard to get the free discs since the owners of those vehicles were supposed to get their discs in the following two years and we are now 5 years past when those cars were sold new with this promotion

RippyPartsDept
10-25-11, 01:01 PM
plus i don't think there is a new disc available for your nav system anymore ... but check http://gmnavdisc.com anyways just to make sure

gpiquer
10-25-11, 02:24 PM
Hi All ,

Good news , Finally I will get my free DVD Navigation disc for the Cadillac Escalade 2007 . Thanks for the support of this forum :)

JohnnyBlaze760
10-26-11, 07:08 AM
Hi, I've been using this forum for some time now, just never registered. What a great site and has helped me through any problems I've had with my escalade. Anyhow I too had a very old Nav disc which I believe it's version 1.0. I took some advice on here and called the Nav Disc number. I spoke with representive who I told that I just came from the dealer getting a few services done. I also said while I was there I asked about an updated disc and my dealer said I should of been given one free upgrade through the years. So he asked for my VIN number and put me on hold for a few minutes. He came back on the line and asked for name and address and processed me an order for a new disc for free. The only thing was this 2012 disc version 10.3 was on back order and said I should receive it in a few weeks and no later than December. Well two weeks later (today) I got it in the mail. Thanks for the help and saving me a few hundred as I was about to purchase one.

soflarick
11-01-11, 01:08 PM
Just called the number. They said I would have to purchase a disk for $199, last update was 2009. They didn't ask for a VIN number, just year/make/model.

RippyPartsDept
11-01-11, 01:27 PM
have you read all 166 previous posts? some forum members got the same response but were eventually able to get a free disc... try their methods

asudevilboy80
11-01-11, 06:46 PM
have you read all 166 previous posts? some forum members got the same response but were eventually able to get a free disc... try their methods

I just tried calling as well and followed the same steps previous posters have used...

"I was just at the dealership getting service done, my disk is giving me an error and since I am the original owner of a 2007 Escalade they told me to give 1-877-NAV-DISK a call for a free upgrade"

...well the operator on the line sounded like she knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and told me unfortunately I was misinformed and that promotion ended in Dec 2009.

Some of you guys that called multiple times and it worked, what did you do different?? Maybe it just depends on the operator who handles the call? Or did I miss something in the previous posts??

soflarick
11-01-11, 08:47 PM

Tried the email through the website route, explaining that the original disc no longer works. We'll see what happens.

murphy
11-01-11, 09:46 PM
I bucked up and bought one that arrived today. As they were back ordered from Navteq I bought from Amazon...2012 v10.3..the latest..installed it already..looked like it did a firmware upgrade too.

asudevilboy80
11-02-11, 04:11 PM
UPDATE:

After calling several times and getting nowhere I deciding to go the email route...well it WORKED!

I sent this email out last night:

Hi,
I was just at my dealership getting service done and when I informed them I was having errors with my navigation disk they told me that since I was the original owner of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade that I should have been given a few free upgrades over the years. They told me to contact GM Nav-Disk and you should send me the new 2012 Disk (i know its on back-order, I'm fine waiting). Thanks so much!

I received this email this morning:

"Please provide your address for research."

Well, I am not the original owner and I live in Arizona. I do know that the car was originally purchased in South Carolina. I still sent them my current AZ address and decided that if they make an issue that it was purchased in SC, I'll deal with that as it comes.

I received this email about 5 minutes ago:

The disc is out of stock at this time once it becomes available I will
automatically send you a disc. Conformation No.: ******

Moral of the story is a little persistence pays off!!

escalade kidd
11-02-11, 10:01 PM
What is the email adress you sent this to?

black_asp
11-03-11, 12:00 PM
Moral of the story is a little persistence pays off!!

Even if it requires more than just a little persistence, and being really, really nice, and maybe even kissing a little a$$...my free disc works perfectly!

rolodex04
11-04-11, 08:12 PM
Thanks just made the phone call to GM. They took my vin and sent it on the way a new 2012 nav disk. At first they wanted me to take it to the dealership for a diagnostic. But when I said the key word free upgrade they worked it out.

krieghoff
11-14-11, 06:58 PM
I just got an email from the nav disc company saying there is a new date for my 2008 ESV.

I checked my disc and it is 8.3 and the new one is 10.3.

Has anyone updated to this and should I do it.

Did anyone see any big changes?

Nixin
11-14-11, 07:14 PM
Persistence will pay off. DO NOT take "no" for an answer. Hang up and call 'em again.

uwood
11-15-11, 11:54 AM
I sent an email and within 24 hours they had one sent out to me. Should be getting here today or tomorrow.

LAJ1987
11-17-11, 03:16 PM
So heres my experience. My disc frequently did not have streets/POI's etc as I assume it was from 2008 even though the dealer told me they put a new one in when I bought the truck (Certified 2008 EXT). After reading this entire thread I made several attempts using different methods. Never got close to getting a free disc. So I purchased one. This thread keeps popping up so I tried one last time. Long story short after being referred to Caddy Customer service this time I was successful. I actually told the truth this time and did not claim to be the orignal owner or have a disc error etc. Just came via UPS.

RippyPartsDept
11-17-11, 04:36 PM
your truck was never part of the free disc program (only 2006 & 2007 models were) - so that's probably why you weren't able to get a free disc

LAJ1987
11-17-11, 05:20 PM
I did get a free disc though. I explained that I owned a used 2008 EXT and still got the upgrade. I am just trying to give Cadillac and the Nav Disc people credit where credit is due.

RippyPartsDept
11-17-11, 06:55 PM
the free disc promotion program (that this thread is about) was only for 2006 and 2007 vehicles ... that said, it's still worth trying - as your experience proves

Ghost Deany
11-18-11, 12:33 AM
You can email them and get a free disk? Whats the email address? And what should you say?

bigdawgjz88
11-18-11, 03:09 AM
I tried and was so simple. Emailed saying I had a problem with my disc and told them my dealership said I can request a free one. 2 hours later I got an email order confirmation for a 2012 disc!

Ghost Deany
11-18-11, 08:25 PM
Whats the email address? do you have to mention the free upgrade they were giving?

mycaddi408
11-19-11, 02:52 AM
I just got my 2012 CD after being rejected 4 times. All you have to do is call 1-877 NAV-DISC and prompt to go to Customer Service "NOT" the Navigation Dept. Tell them you are getting errors and your local dealer won't help you and told you to call the Navigation Dept. The program was over in 2009 for the free upgrade. You just have to work on them a little. General Motors Customer Service Dept. is the only one who can authorize your Free CD "upgrade". They will put you on hold for around ten minutes and then take your address and send out your new CD as they did for me. I don't see a difference in the 2012 CD. I will take a nice ride tomorrow and post back. I just wonder why the screen doesn't change from day to night when the headlights are turned on, like in my Mercedes.........

krieghoff
11-19-11, 09:21 AM
From all the posts I have read it seems real easy to get a new disc for free.

All you have to do is either email or call them then lie to them!

No wonder this country is in the shape it is in!

K9Caddy
11-19-11, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it's sad you have to lie to get something that should be free. ;)

K9Caddy
11-19-11, 11:24 AM

RippyPartsDept
11-19-11, 12:11 PM
Yeah, it's sad you have to lie to get something that should be free. ;)

what is your rationale for this? ^^

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, I'm truly interested in why you think this way

K9Caddy
11-19-11, 02:16 PM
Well, We pay a pretty penny for these trucks, for one. Two, I can buy a $200 Garmin that has lifetime map updates. Three, I shouldn't have to pay $200 for a lousy map update disk, which costs pennies to make!

On top of all that, the navigation of our unit still blows ass compared to a cheap Garmin. I still get the "drive around the block" BS with the newest disk. Unacceptable. GM's BS at their finest. I don't know about you, but I don't have cash to throw away on a disk that does absolutely nothing. Google maps on my phone works TONS better. Sad.

K9Caddy
11-19-11, 02:19 PM
Excuse me, $150. http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-1450LMT-Portable-Navigator-Lifetime/dp/B003ZX8B2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321726731&sr=8-1

RippyPartsDept
11-19-11, 03:18 PM
yes, the cost of creating a copy of a disc is pennies, but that doesn't mean that it costs nothing to create that master 'gold' disc

1) the price of the vehicle is irrelevant
2) competitive devices are alternatives sure, then don't get the in-dash nav
2a) Lifetime means “until your product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map Data from NAVTEQ, whichever is shorter.”
2b) Just because there's a competing product at a cheaper price doesn't mean that GM's product should be cheaper and/or can be cheaper
which leads to...
3) how much does it cost to actually create the map disc?
3a) NavTeq and TeleAtlas and Google are about the only games in town when it comes to map data (and Satellite imagery)
3b) Google is giving theirs away (http://abovethecrowd.com/2009/10/29/google-redefines-disruption-the-%E2%80%9Cless-than-free%E2%80%9D-business-model/) so the other two pretty much control the market
and
4) once you have map data you then have to integrate it into your infotainment system - what are those costs?
5) plus the overhead and fixed costs of running the nav disc center in the first place (website, call center, warehouse, etc)

---

i'll agree with you that $200 per disc seems to be expensive, but when you shop the comparable discs of other in-dash systems (lexus, bmw, mb, etc) you'll find that GM's pricing is on the lower end
(you can often find deals on the navdisc website throughout the year for 25%-50% off making it even more affordable)

---

all that said, I really abhor the NavTeq and TeleAtlas based nav systems and just can't wait for the day that GM announces it's partnering with Google for it's Navigation system
i was really hoping that CUE would be it, but i guess it's good for you to have something to dream for

---

and on top of it all i really don't like using navigation anyway - i'll use a map every now and then to check to make sure i know where i'm going or what my route is going to be, but i never use a turn-by-turn system ... i enjoy driving too much

---

i can understand how someone might think that since they spent $70,000 on an escalade that they should get free nav updates
but that's like going back to a restaurant and asking for your meal with your wife to be comp'd because a week earllier you rented out their event room and spent a lot of money there

K9Caddy
11-19-11, 03:45 PM
You are comparing apples to oranges, but to each their own. Not gonna argue with you.

MrHolland
11-19-11, 05:31 PM
Can I get in on this intriguing conversation about theft and lies??

murphy
11-19-11, 05:40 PM
Can I get in on this intriguing conversation about theft a lies??
No kidding..I was thinking the same thing.

K9Caddy
11-20-11, 12:16 AM
Even though those two components make up our government today, I do not condone them, nor have I lied or tried getting a disk for free. I did however pay the $200 for the 2011 disk, which makes me unhappy when I have the same issues my old 2009 disk had.

MrHolland
11-20-11, 01:10 AM
I commend you for properly obtaining your disk!! What type of issues are you having with it?

K9Caddy
11-20-11, 01:50 AM
It's the routes... It will route you around the block or make the destination longer to get there. It has some serious flaws in it and I believe they owe me an updated disk with a fix.

RippyPartsDept
11-20-11, 10:38 PM
have you talked to a dealership or the nav disc center about your routing issue?

K9Caddy
11-21-11, 06:23 AM
Not yet, but I'm gonna... Furthermore, I'm not the only one with this issue. It's a common issue with our NAV units and they have yet to resolve the problem after 5yrs.

krieghoff
11-21-11, 10:00 AM
The Gm GPS is junk. The guy that set it up should be fired!

You can't change anything on the program! I like it a lot more when I can change things to the way I want it.

The problem is that if you don't get the Nav Unit opinion you don't get the big screen and big backup view.

I have an extra GPS in my ESV because I don't trust the GM unit!

mycaddi408
11-25-11, 02:58 PM
I made sure to get mine for free. I strongly dislike St. Claire Cadillac 3737 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA. The Manager Frank treats customers poorly. When I bought my Escalade, I looked up the dealer on Yelp. There were pages of "BAD" reviews, I didn't pay attention. If it weren't for my wife, I would not have purchased the suv. I expected better customer service from Cadillac. I have had some issues with my truck and Frank tried to belittle me, when spoken to. I looked at the "Free" disk as GM trying to make "GOOD" for being treated so horribly by the dealer. I even made a detailed report to GM Customer Service after my Free Update was issued.

MrHolland
11-25-11, 03:08 PM
I made sure to get mine for free. I strongly dislike St. Claire Cadillac 3737 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA. The Manager Frank treats customers poorly. When I bought my Escalade, I looked up the dealer on Yelp. There were pages of "BAD" reviews, I didn't pay attention. If it weren't for my wife, I would not have purchased the suv. I expected better customer service from Cadillac. I have had some issues with my truck and Frank tried to belittle me, when spoken to. I looked at the "Free" disk as GM trying to make "GOOD" for being treated so horribly by the dealer. I even made a detailed report to GM Customer Service after my Free Update was issued.
So GM owed you a free disk because Frank treated you poorly??

mycaddi408
11-25-11, 11:02 PM
Actually GM owes all of us. See for yourself.....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/10/truth-about-gm-bailout/

MrHolland
11-25-11, 11:46 PM
So your solution, if I understand you correctly, is to take from a company that doesn't have enough money to keep itself a float because Frank treated you poorly and GM accepted a government bailout ....... That's brilliant!!!

RippyPartsDept
11-26-11, 01:47 AM
dupe, my bad

RippyPartsDept
11-26-11, 01:54 AM
One of the great mysteries to many inside the auto industry is why is GM’s stock price so low? Though the company had a weak third quarter, its stock price has been stuck well below its IPO price for much of the last year, despite a return to profitability. Though GM faces challenges, few inside the auto industry understand why its stock price remains so low. One theory: the government’s mere continued presence as a major stockholder creates uncertainty around the company. If this is the case, it creates something of a vicious cycle: the lower the stock price, the less likely the government is to sell its shares, leaving it lingering with no exit strategy, in turn driving the stock lower. Though that’s not likely to be the whole story, one thing is certain: the government has been forced to increase its loss estimate for the GM bailout. The Detroit News reports that the Treasury’s losses on GM are now estimated at $23.6b, up from $14.4b. And with an election looming, it seems likely that the White House will sell within the next six months. But will the government’s desire to protect itself politically trade off with GM’s PR? After all, whatever the Treasury’s final loss is, that number will be pinned to GM as a symbol of what it owes the American people. On the other hand, with most analysts insisting that GM stock is undervalued, another year of government ownership could convince investors to bid up the price, greatly reducing GM’s public debt. Too bad electoral politics will probably prevent that from happening….
(emphasis added)

they're in a catch 22 ... public perception of the govt is negatively effecting the stock price for no other reason than politics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjB2-HHQ0Qc
cramer has some interesting things to say about GM a week and a half ago

i can't quite put my finger on why, but i like this more recent article on the subject from money.cnn.com
http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/18/news/companies/gm_bailout/index.htm

it's a fact that GM's stock price has gone down almost 50% since January
i began to imagine if the Govt had sold back then at $40/share (for a few billion loss)
now i'm thinking why a profitable company - in this bad economy would have lost 50% of it's value

that just doesn't add up... what am i missing?

Karens1818
12-29-11, 01:11 PM
I called, I just bought an Escalade 2007, and gave them the vin number. They called the previous owner to ensure they had never received a free upgrade and voila, they are sending me a one time free 2012 disk in the mail. Thanks!!

Philasprtsfan
01-06-12, 06:49 PM
Just to go along with everyone else. I called the 1 877 number and told the person I spoke with that I heard they were giving free upgrades for older disk. I told them I have an 07 ext with the original disk, they asked for the last 8 of the VIN then said since I didn't get one previously they would sent out a 2012 disk, then they asked for an email address and since I gave it to them they would send it in 3-5 business days vs. 3-5 weeks. Can't hurt to call and ask right? :bouncy:

CStradling24
01-21-12, 05:19 AM
What is the part number of the 2012 Nav disc you are receiving? 22797718?

I have the 2011, ver 9.3. Has anyone noticed a big difference between the two? I have a 2008 EXT and I am hearing something about 3D Nav?

71Dragtruck
01-21-12, 02:25 PM
I tried long time ago to get a upgrade disc and failed.

bigtone1013
01-21-12, 07:19 PM
Just called and they said no

bigtone1013
01-21-12, 07:21 PM
Just to go along with everyone else. I called the 1 877 number and told the person I spoke with that I heard they were giving free upgrades for older disk. I told them I have an 07 ext with the original disk, they asked for the last 8 of the VIN then said since I didn't get one previously they would sent out a 2012 disk, then they asked for an email address and since I gave it to them they would send it in 3-5 business days vs. 3-5 weeks. Can't hurt to call and ask right? :bouncy:

There's two different departments which one did you talk to.

Philasprtsfan
01-21-12, 09:09 PM
I just called the gm nav disk 1877 number, i didn't speak with any particular department, and they seemed really helpful.

bigtone1013
01-21-12, 09:19 PM
I just called the gm nav disk 1877 number, i didn't speak with any particular department, and they seemed really helpful.

Yeah they were helpful telling me how much the new nav DVD is $199, are they sending you one for free

bigtone1013
01-24-12, 03:04 PM
Yeah they were helpful telling me how much the new nav DVD is $199, are they sending you one for free

Wow, had my wife call and guess what they are sending me one for free YES

RippyPartsDept
01-24-12, 04:27 PM
ahh... the woman's touch

FredS
01-24-12, 06:09 PM
I went through the process. The nav disc center has to contact gm customer care who will then contact you and then a disc gets mailed out. The key is to involve gm customer care.

bigtone1013
01-24-12, 08:45 PM
I went through the process. The nav disc center has to contact gm customer care who will then contact you and then a disc gets mailed out. The key is to involve gm customer care.

I called last week and they told me they couldn't do it and that I had to buy one so I had my wife call today and now it will be here in 7 to 10 days

RavenCTS24
01-25-12, 11:06 AM
Thanks to this Forum and Thread, definitely paid off. Just call the 877 number and spoke to the nav department. After reading this entire thread and different comments used with nav customer service, I used this in my conversation to the nice lady. After being on hold for about 30 min and providing her my Vin # and home address/email, she came back on and said they were sending out a 2012 NAV disk at $0 for my 2007 ESV and should be here with in 3-5 business days.

Thank you everyone for the info and blazing the trail.

bigtone1013
01-25-12, 11:09 AM
thanks to this forum and thread, definitely paid off. Just call the 877 number and spoke to the nav department. After reading this entire thread and different comments used with nav customer service, i used this in my conversation to the nice lady. After being on hold for about 30 min and providing her my vin # and home address/email, she came back on and said they were sending out a 2012 nav disk at $0 for my 2007 esv and should be here with in 3-5 business days.

thank you everyone for the info and blazing the trail.

cool

krieghoff
01-25-12, 11:14 AM
I would think by now every person in the world with a 2007 Cadillac should have got a free disc!

bigtone1013
02-04-12, 12:02 AM
I got my updated nav disk and I used my navigation for the first time since I bought my truck it got me to my destination but it lead me through the streets and I live like literally 30sec from the expressway which would have been quicker. It was set for the fastest route.

Rolex
02-05-12, 11:23 AM
I got my updated nav disk and I used my navigation for the first time since I bought my truck it got me to my destination but it lead me through the streets and I live like literally 30sec from the expressway which would have been quicker. It was set for the fastest route.

This is my experience with almost every factory navigation unit I have owned (Honda, Nissan, GM). There should almost be some kind of "common sense" button you can press on your navigation unit. The trouble with things like routing you through back streets is, your nav is most useful to you when you're in an unknown area. And the nav may end up sending you through some crime ridden neighborhood you don't want to be in. Happened to me in KC.

I find the free Mapquest app on my Iphone to be more accurate and up to date than anything else. So like everybody else, I ultimately use a free app to find directions over a $2000+ option on my vehicle. Money well wasted IMO.

krieghoff
02-05-12, 07:15 PM
The woman in my GPS is an ahole and sometimes has no idea where she is!

Nate32
02-15-12, 03:32 PM
Just made the call. Checked VIN and viola the 2012 disc is in the mail. Thanks a ton guys!

bdzialowski
03-02-12, 01:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for all of the great information. My Navigation disk had some scratches in it and I was getting read errors so I went to Ebay to see if I could get a used one. I actually have an open bid that I placed this morning on a 2011 Used Nav disk version 9.3. When I left the Ebay site and returned to my Google search results I somehow stumbled onto this post. I read all of your comments and so I called 877-628-3472 (GM Nav Disk Center) about 30 minutes ago and talked to a service representative. I didn't lie - I just told her the situation and that I own a 2007 Escalade ESV. She informed me that the free update program was over but Cadillac is allowing a one time free upgrade. Like the comments said, I gave her my information and VIN, waited for about 10 minutes and then she came back and said "Your 2012 Navigation disk will be mailed out in about 7 days". I also asked her how long this free update disk special offer would last for 2006 and 2007 and she didn't know but was instructed to always send it out as long as a upgrade disk wasn't recorded in the system against the VIN provided. Thanks again everyone! I sure hope I lose my bid on Ebay.

imachap
03-02-12, 04:16 PM
Interesting. I just tried to call about the same thing but my cost is $199.99. I said n thank you. I'll just use my Garmin.

RippyPartsDept
03-02-12, 04:27 PM
do you have a 2006 or 2007?
are you still using the original nav disc?

if you can answer yes to both those questions then you should be able to get a new disc for free just like bdzialowski did

imachap
03-02-12, 04:52 PM
I have a 2007 ESV. Just finished reading all of these posts. Let me see if another call will help with the info I now know.

imachap
03-03-12, 05:19 PM
I have a 2007 ESV. Just finished reading all of these posts. Let me see if another call will help with the info I now know.

A second call and explanation was more successful. However, initially my phone call to the NAV Disk center directed me to GM Customer Service. Customer service stated they could not do anything and that only the nav disk folks could help me, to which I replied, "how many times am I suppose to go around this merry go round? They told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to speak to GM Customer service."

After that, they got it right and while the 2012 disk is back ordered, I should receive it by the middle of the month which is only a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what this new disk will do for me that the original didn't except updated maps.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-05-12, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your frustration, imachap, but I'm very glad to hear your disc has been ordered. Please let us know what happens after you've received it, and don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you have further questions.

Best,

Katie

imachap
03-05-12, 05:39 PM
Thanks Katie. I received an email today letting me know that it was shipped out.

txcheer.leeperez
03-12-12, 12:40 PM
After reading everyone's reply. I decided to call. I tried the Nav number first and no luck. Then I tried the Cadillac customer service number and voila!! I got the upgrade disk. Thanks everyone.

WickedMCMLXXIX
03-12-12, 03:21 PM
After reading everyone's reply. I decided to call. I tried the Nav number first and no luck. Then I tried the Cadillac customer service number and voila!! I got the upgrade disk. Thanks everyone.

What was that number? I tried calling Nav Disc and they said there is no upgrade offer. I have a 2006 SRX.

----------

I called Cadillac customer service and was able to get an upgrade. I was informed that the free upgrade program ended in 2008 but they would make a one-time exception for me. I received the order confirmation and noticed that the 2009 Nav Disc is the disc being sent. I was hoping to get a 2011 or later disc but I guess that's the newest available for my 2006 SRX. does anyone know if this update will allow On Star "turn by turn" navigation?

K9Caddy
03-12-12, 03:31 PM
Nevermind.

bigtone1013
03-12-12, 04:17 PM
Nevermind.

It's ok, ask

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-12, 10:42 AM

It's great to hear that everything worked out so nicely for you, txcheere.leeperez! Enjoy navigating! :)

Sarah (In for Katie)

patmack
03-14-12, 05:36 PM
A second call and explanation was more successful. However, initially my phone call to the NAV Disk center directed me to GM Customer Service. Customer service stated they could not do anything and that only the nav disk folks could help me, to which I replied, "how many times am I suppose to go around this merry go round? They told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to speak to GM Customer service."

After that, they got it right and while the 2012 disk is back ordered, I should receive it by the middle of the month which is only a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what this new disk will do for me that the original didn't except updated maps.

I want one! what is the correct phone number to call then?

bigtone1013
03-14-12, 11:59 PM
I called the nav number

FredS
03-15-12, 10:01 AM
When you get to gm cust care you need to remind them that they have to call nav disc to authorize the disc for free. Before that you have to open a case with nav so they can have your name and address so when gmcc calls them there is less potential for them to drop the ball.

bigtone1013
03-15-12, 10:30 AM
When you get to gm cust care you need to remind them that they have to call nav disc to authorize the disc for free. Before that you have to open a case with nav so they can have your name and address so when gmcc calls them there is less potential for them to drop the ball.

Don't know if you read my posts but I called the nav # and they told me the give away was over but then I had my wife call the same # and she gave them my vin and they sent the disc.

imachap
03-21-12, 03:19 PM

Just got my 2012 Nav Disk in the mail.

h2kool4tn
03-22-12, 11:40 PM
My 2011 is HDD based, what would they send to upgrade this?

paidge7
03-23-12, 12:45 AM
does anyone have been able to get one replaced in canada for free ??

RippyPartsDept
03-23-12, 09:46 AM
My 2011 is HDD based, what would they send to upgrade this?

you get a dvd ... it loads/copies to the HDD

ybigd07
03-28-12, 04:36 PM
Called on saturday he told me he had to call me back on monday. He called back monday and its on the way. Thanks Cadillac.

chakde
03-28-12, 04:38 PM
My understanding is that 2011 are based on Flash Card and not HDD.

RippyPartsDept
03-28-12, 05:06 PM
yeah, same difference (i guess)

chakde
03-28-12, 08:38 PM
Sorry Rippy (Chris) I thought that you had to replace the flash card and didn't know that you could just insert a DVD to update the flash card

RippyPartsDept
03-29-12, 09:29 AM
yeah i thought that initially also when they first came out with the flash card design radios but they are still updated by disc

surfsalot
03-30-12, 04:13 PM
I just called 877-628-3472 Nav center and told the lady on the phone the truth. I just purchased a used 2007 Escalade and I would like an upgraded Nav disk. She told me that they only sell upgrades so I told her that I was told that I may be able to get a complimentary Nav disk. She transferred me to Gm customer service and they are sending one, no issues at all.

bigtone1013
03-30-12, 04:35 PM
I just called 877-628-3472 Nav center and told the lady on the phone the truth. I just purchased a used 2007 Escalade and I would like an upgraded Nav disk. She told me that they only sell upgrades so I told her that I was told that I may be able to get a complimentary Nav disk. She transferred me to Gm customer service and they are sending one, no issues at all.

Cool!