: So I go to pickup my 2011 Escalade, and did you know....................

hcvone
11-01-10, 07:46 PM
That unless you get a platinum model you get NO CD CHANGER ANYMORE, yes that is correct you get a single CD system without an option to even purchase a changer. Needless to say the dealership has the truck, like I really need another one anyway. :mad:

Bear
11-01-10, 07:50 PM
When I picked up my 2010 they told me that the changer had been replaced with an internal hard drive. Guess they figured that CDs are being replaced by MP3s. I haven't tested yet but I thought I read that the 6 disc changer could also hold DVDs which I expect would be useful for the rear entertainment system.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-01-10, 08:42 PM
LOL. Thats pretty lame of GM. Always deleting as instead of adding! How large is this hard drive? And why not do both?

RippyPartsDept
11-01-10, 09:47 PM
you put your cds in to the drive and it rips them to the hard drive... then you don't need to have your cds in the car at all

holds a lot more than 6 or 12 discs that way

K9Caddy
11-02-10, 07:20 AM
Will it do that with the DVD's too? One of the reasons I like the changer, so I can keep it loaded with kid movies.

hcvone
11-02-10, 07:43 AM
When I picked up my 2010 they told me that the changer had been replaced with an internal hard drive. Guess they figured that CDs are being replaced by MP3s. I haven't tested yet but I thought I read that the 6 disc changer could also hold DVDs which I expect would be useful for the rear entertainment system.

Whoever told you that is, excuse the term "smoking crack", there is no hard drive in the 2010 Escalade's, that is unless that forget to put the hard drives in my two 2010 Escalade's, it's the same 6 disc changer that has been in all my trucks since the very first 2007. The 2011 did not have a hard drive, at least according to the owners manual and dealer ordering book, it has a "single CD" and if you look into the ordering info it clearly says single disc changer unless you purchase the platinum, this is GM at it's worst, a 75k dollar truck with a single CD player, what are we back in the 80's. I also found this on the Cadillac web site supporting my findings

6.2L V8 (AWD) 6.2L V8 Luxury (AWD) 6.2L V8 Premium (AWD) 6.2L V8 Platinum(AWD)
CD Changer Not Available Not Available Not Available Standard
CD Player Standard Standard Standard Standard

hcvone
11-02-10, 07:45 AM
you put your cds in to the drive and it rips them to the hard drive... then you don't need to have your cds in the car at all

holds a lot more than 6 or 12 discs that way

No hard drives in the Escalade, no yet anyway. :)

Big Windy Ext
11-02-10, 08:49 AM
I don't use the changer very much , I get tired of listening to the same things over and over . As a matter of fact I couldn't tell you the last time I bought any music , plenty of choices , Satellite radio , Pandora etc. . I thought I was a minority , maybe they figured there alot of my type . It does suck that they keep de-contenting their vehicles or at least give an option , its just 4 screws and a plug for pete's sake .

TSS
11-02-10, 09:48 AM
That is nuts. I remember being pissed when they stopped having CD AND cassette players. In time, I guess we will all get used to this. But, since GM still offers multi disk players plus Ipod connectivity in many of its other much cheaper vehicles (ie Malibu/Impala/etc), it is a slap in the face to Escalade owners to not even offer it as an option. Just my 2 cents.

Alien
11-02-10, 11:45 AM
Guess it's a suttle way of pushing XM on everyone..make it harder to enjoy your music Hope the usb is still there.

By the way here's my XM rant... THEY SUCK.. They gave an option to lock in at a lower rate before 12.95 came to be. So I prepaid for 5 years...but in the meantime, they came out with a lifetime plan... NEVER published or listed on their web site..a lower price for lifetime than for 5 years... They only told me about it when I was dropping the service. They were renewing me for like $800 for 5 years... instead of $400 lifetime.. Their excuse..we didn't know you would be interested in the lifetime plan... NO.... I rather pay full price ....Like I said They SUCK.

jpatt49
11-02-10, 12:14 PM
The deal with the lifetime subscription is you can only swap radios twice I believe. So if you change vehicles a few times there goes your subscription.

And that sucks about the CD changer, I never really use it but glad its there if I want to on my 09.

hcvone
11-02-10, 02:11 PM
Guess it's a suttle way of pushing XM on everyone..make it harder to enjoy your music Hope the usb is still there.

By the way here's my XM rant... THEY SUCK.. They gave an option to lock in at a lower rate before 12.95 came to be. So I prepaid for 5 years...but in the meantime, they came out with a lifetime plan... NEVER published or listed on their web site..a lower price for lifetime than for 5 years... They only told me about it when I was dropping the service. They were renewing me for like $800 for 5 years... instead of $400 lifetime.. Their excuse..we didn't know you would be interested in the lifetime plan... NO.... I rather pay full price ....Like I said They SUCK.

This just happened to me, I get this 400 bill on my credit card for a 3 year plan, I call them up and tell them I am not happy and was going to cancel my XM , they put me on hold and came back and said 3 years at 99 dollars rather than 396.00, I said go ahead, got my crdit card bill with a credit and the new 99 dollar charge, so while it still sucks, it sucks much less at 99 dollars. :)

Bear
11-02-10, 03:54 PM
Wait a minute... you mean the dealer lied to me? I can't believe that! All kidding aside that sucks.. I really didn't care about "the included hard drive" on the 2011, zero interest on the 2010 was to good a deal to pass. All my music is on a hard drive already (ipod 160) so I was planning to use the changer for movies for the rear entertainment system. If it's still a valid "option" it should have been available to all the models, not just the platinum (which isn't even an option for the EXT). It would have made more sense to provide a hard drive option to the platinum models.