: Zach Galifianakis smokes pot on live TV

Rolex
11-01-10, 07:40 PM
Ima guess he's FOR prop 19.

dkYoi6kHjD4

Stingroo
11-01-10, 07:56 PM
Always thought he was a douchebag. This doesn't surprise me much.

CIWS
11-01-10, 08:01 PM
I'm sure he has a prescription to treat his insanity.

Sevillian273
11-01-10, 08:07 PM
Yeah... because anyone who smokes pot must be a douchebag. Ok, busting one out on live TV might be a little douchey but I'd say in this case, during a talk about the subject, it's ballsy and quite hilarious. I wonder if there were any repercussions.... besides the munchies.

Submariner409
11-01-10, 08:09 PM
....................jackass. (Sad part is, he made money doing it: Our advertising $$$ pay these idiots. Our progressive Californians will love him.)

Stingroo
11-01-10, 08:14 PM
Yeah... because anyone who smokes pot must be a douchebag.

Well I'm glad the spirit of putting words in people's mouths is alive and well. :rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-01-10, 08:51 PM
I'm not gonna lie, that's pretty ballsy.

hueterm
11-01-10, 09:28 PM
Didn't he also show his dick in that Hangover movie?? I guess it wasn't his first time to toke...

RippyPartsDept
11-01-10, 09:44 PM
....................jackass. (Sad part is, he made money doing it: Our advertising $$$ pay these idiots. Our progressive Californians will love him.)

slight correction sub, that was on HBO where there's no commercials - subscribers pay to watch this kind of stuff - and for the swears

77CDV
11-02-10, 12:25 AM
Far as I'm concerned, people have the absolute right to do whatever they wish to their own body without government interference. As long as they don't hurt anyone else, it's nobody's business.

orconn
11-02-10, 12:51 AM
Far as I'm concerned, people have the absolute right to do whatever they wish to their own body without government interference. As long as they don't hurt anyone else, it's nobody's business.

And as long as I don't to pay for the medical expense of their exercising their right to do whatever!

77CDV
11-02-10, 12:58 AM
Like I said, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Health problems caused by one's willful actions ought to be borne solely by the individual. That's what personal responsibility is all about.

CIWS
11-02-10, 09:07 AM
And as long as I don't to pay for the medical expense of their exercising their right to do whatever!

But we do this everyday. States that pass laws that give motorcycle riders the choice to wear a helmet or not. Or people in their cars to wear seat belts or not. The current legal drug alcohol, how much do we pay as a society for the people to have the right to consume? It's already all around us.

Edit- According to the show's host, now, it wasn't really pot.

"During an interview on "The Situation Room," comedian Bill Maher revealed to Wolf Blitzer that actor Zach Galifianakis did not really smoke marijuana on his show.

"If it was a real joint, Wolf, I would have smoked it…I think it was cloves or something," Maher said, adding "Zach's crazy, he's not that crazy."

RippyPartsDept
11-02-10, 01:25 PM
I had a feeling that might have been the case... Hoover's granddaughter (the foxy news lady) took a whiff and the expression on her face kind of gave it away for me

Jesda
11-02-10, 03:23 PM
Here's what will happen:

Marijuana gets legalized
It gets taxed
Large firms will produce and sell product
The same hippies who pushed for legalization will go after growers and manufacturers
Lawyers will sue manufacturers
Smoking weed will go from cool and rebellious to looked down upon by most of society, just like tobacco is now
MASD (Mothers Against Stoned Driving) will get involved and push for a ban on marijuana
Prohibition returns

We end up exactly where we started.

RippyPartsDept
11-02-10, 07:58 PM
possibly... .... possibly...

but MADD hasn't won (and i don't think they are pushing for) prohibition
so the parallel isn't perfect, but i do get your point

Rolex
11-02-10, 10:32 PM
Here's what will happen:

Marijuana gets legalized
It gets taxed
Large firms will produce and sell product
The same hippies who pushed for legalization will go after growers and manufacturers
Lawyers will sue manufacturers
Smoking weed will go from cool and rebellious to looked down upon by most of society, just like tobacco is now
MASD (Mothers Against Stoned Driving) will get involved and push for a ban on marijuana
Prohibition returns

We end up exactly where we started.

You forgot the part about Cheetos stock going through the roof. :food-snacking:

Aron9000
11-03-10, 02:51 AM
You forgot the part about Cheetos stock going through the roof. :food-snacking:

Frito Lay, Little Debbie, and Hersheys would be great investments if pot were legalized.

CIWS
11-03-10, 11:08 AM
Well it appears Prop 19 for Cali will fail this time around. Too bad, I was hoping for a major states rights battle in the Supreme Court over it.

Jesda
11-03-10, 11:59 AM
I was hoping for a major states rights battle in the Supreme Court over it.

Same here, and from a very unexpected crowd.

Rolex
11-03-10, 05:51 PM
+2

I was wanting to see a good fistfight between CA and the Fed. Oh well...maybe in 2012?

RippyPartsDept
11-03-10, 06:34 PM
... washington post did a very interesting take on this from ten years in the future ...
The year is 2020: What's happening with marijuana? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/22/AR2010102205573.html)