: NASCAR Plate Races

EChas3
10-31-10, 05:07 PM
Talledega was horsesh*t.

That's not racing, it's bumper cars. When Johnson & Gordon can spend 7/8's of the 'race' laying back out of risk and breeze to the front in a half-a-lap 'bump-drafting', what's the point?

I'm sure the fans in 'Dega's infield had a great time but the race may as well have been a 20 lap shootout for a million bucks. Sure Junior can lead, how much talent does it take to 'floor it' and hold on when the best drivers ar playing it safe?

NASCAR used to be fun. Now, most of the good racing is gone and 'The Chase' has made a mockery of real Champions. But a 200 MPH parking lot must draw viewers.

Horsesh*t!

Stingroo
10-31-10, 05:24 PM
I agree. The Jimmie Johnson Show is losing viewers day by day.

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing died in 2004.

johnny kannapo
10-31-10, 08:47 PM
5 wide bumper to bumper at over 200 mph may bore some. What I saw of it was good close racing. Cars flying through the air always makes for a good ending.

Why criticize Johnson for possibly winning five Championships in a row? It's quite a feat! It just shows how great a driver that #48 team has.

He has 14 points on Harvick, that's pretty close.

The truck race at Talladega yesterday was very entertaining.

EChas3
10-31-10, 09:48 PM
Spectacular - Yes. Talent & Skill?

It's close because even the worst team fields a car with the same performance as the best team. This is Sport?

I have no problem with Johnson. I have a problem with NASCAR making it so easy for the best team to mop the floor with everyone else.

Truck racing is the best NASCAR series. No Plates. A lot of short tracks. Fire in the belly.

Listen to the drivers; they will tell it like it is until NASCAR mutes them. It takes no talent to drive Talledega. To win Daytona, you have to have a good car. To be real, 'The Chase' ought to have a road course and dirt.

A NASCAR Championship was harder to win before the Chase. Petty only won 7. Earnardt only won 7. Johnson may win 7 in a row. It's 'way too easy now.

dkozloski
10-31-10, 09:56 PM
Anything in racing becomes easy if you have a $200 million budget to work with.

EChas3
10-31-10, 10:28 PM
Money buys speed. To quote Smokey Yunick, "How fast do you want to go?"

johnny kannapo
11-01-10, 10:56 AM
There were 87 led changes between 25 drivers. Boring?

Next year there will be front end changes to express brand identity better. This will change aero dynamics, in the cars some but not much. The Nationwide cars ran 4 races this year and will be simular.

http://hostingbytes.us/images/2/3537736.jpg

Stingroo
11-01-10, 11:05 AM
I love the look of the new Nationwide cars. Nationwide is useless as a series though, it's dominated by Cup drivers that have more money than they know what to do with, and nothing to fill the free time. Pass.

johnny kannapo
11-01-10, 12:18 PM
The cup drivers make & keep Nationwide successful. All drivers are for hire. Why wouldn't they race on Saturday for a 4 or 5 figure paycheck.

The cup drivers are also Natonwide multi-team owners that field 2 0r 3 cars. Harvick & Earnhardt jr will have a half dozen cars fielded bringing in new drivers in & providing them top notch equipment & support other teams they have nothing to do with other than being competitors. On numorous occasions Kevin Harvick has donated equipment to lesser $$ backed teams including whole race cars.

johnny kannapo
11-07-10, 03:15 PM
Green flag drops now at Texas Motor Speedway. ESPN

Stingroo
11-07-10, 04:30 PM
Not interested enough to watch it anymore, honestly. Call me when Johnson doesn't win a cup.