Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HI EVERYONE... NEW TO THE BOARD!!!! Need help with road noise issue.

868 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am new to the Cadillac world and have a issue with my STS that I just bought. I bought a 07 STS AWD, beacuse the stock wheels look very cheap and way to small, I upgraded to a 20 inch Foose wheel with a 245x35 20 Dunlop tire. When I first put the wheels on the car, I had a 245x45 20 Toyo tire on the rims. When driving, I would hear a noise that sounded much like CUPPED tire sound. I was told by my local DISCOUNT TIRE that the reason for this was due to the TIRES, because they are a cheaper tire and a hard tire they stated I was getting a lot of road noise. Yesterday, I put on a brand new set of 245x35 20 Dunlop tires that they stated are a far better tire and much softer. I am still getting the noise but about 50 less than before... Im really confused on what is causeing this as the car DID NOT do it with the stock 17s.. The offest is correct and there is NO rub anywhere. Any ideas on solving this issue would be great.

THANKS EVERYONE

STEVE

2007 STS AWD: Limo tint, E&G grill,20 inch Foose wheels.
2011 Mustang 5.0: Awaiting Pro-charger

#5 ·
wheel bearings also make noise more when the car's weight is shifted from side to side since more weight is being put on the bearing

could also be the low profile tires - there's no amount of rubber quality that can make up for sidewall thickness
also the wheel materials have a little to do with the ride quality, but tires more so

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.