: Service Ride Control Message

mike sasso
10-31-10, 09:24 AM
I have a 2005 Escalade ESV. I received a "Service Ride Control" message everytime I start my car up.
I called the dealer and they said it's nothing to worry about, but of course they want me to bring it in to reset the message.
Does anyone know how to reset the error message?
Thanks!

jnrsesv
11-03-10, 10:00 AM
You can shut off message by pressing lower left steering wheel info button, but the message will reappear every time you start the vehicle.

Best bet is to replace the air pump, quite an easy job, its located behind the drivers rear wheel, should have a black flexible cover around it. Be very careful not to damage the "U" shaped airline lock. You don't even need to jack up vehicle for replacement, took me about 20 minutes to replace. Here is the best deal on new air pumps http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid77_gid3 11.html

roboteacher
11-03-10, 01:11 PM
there's a reason your compressor failed. How many miles are on the truck? If you're close to 100K, your shocks are probably starting to leak. If this is the case, you're looking a big $$$$. There's an alternative though. Check out this thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/210500-air-shocks-vs-gas-shocks.html . I've made the change and been extremely happy with the results. I just wish I did it before I replaced my compressor the first time.

jnrsesv
11-03-10, 01:53 PM
robo, I was at 120,000 when I replaced the air pump, my shocks were as good as new and still are. Agreed if the pump runs longer than 10 seconds at start up then there is more than the air pump problem.

9secondsupra
01-14-11, 11:59 PM
I replaced my pump a few months ago but now it is gone again. I suspect the shocks is gone/leaking.

djais1801
02-14-11, 07:15 PM
the "service air ride control" light is on, and both rear shocks are deflated. Would you believe that the compressor is bad, or could the shocks be bad...i hear a compressor on when i cycle the key before starting the truck? it's a 2003 EXT with 91k on the clock. How can I tell if its the shocks and not the compressor??